• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
You can look through each character on their trackers to see how many wins you have for each character. They definitely need to add an overall stats tracker though.
Yeah, this is what I've been doing so far, but it seems it only tracks wins if you had a full squad.

All I really know is, is that I've been in the top 3 54 times.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The two rarest skins I have are for Caustic, who I don't own.

EA's trying to tell me something, I think.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I don't remember. But regardless emptying an entire clip into someone at 1m away and not killing them, while you back up to reload or switch weapons while they casually swap to a shotgun and murder you then go back to what they're doing, doesn't feel balanced.

The only shotgun that can one-shot you is the Mastiff, which is a gold drop. Any smg should be able to kill a fully armored opponent in one magazine. You'll get a feel for it, just keep going for headshots.

Can you break Lifeline's rez shield? I think I've shot it before but stopped after I didn't get any damage feedback.

I was thinking earlier about Legend balance, and it seems like they're in a really good spot with it. People are coming around on Pathfinder and Caustic already, and everyone seems happy with the rest. I think Lifeline needs a bigger silohuette/hitbox (and a breakable rez shield if that thing can't break) to tone her down a bit, but other than her, it feels like most Legends are hovering around even.

Yeah they're almost perfect. For Pathfinder maybe an extra meter or two on his grapple cable, for Caustic maybe increase the poison damage to 3 or 5 per tick. Bangalore maybe lengthen smoke's cooldown a hair.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I decided to try this on my PC since I really suck at playing FPS games on gamepads.
So Apex Legends worked fine in wine (no pun intended) but apparently EA doesn't like the linux users even if EAC supports wine profiles and are now locking out the users.

I don't understand why they would do this when their anti-cheat client has wine profiles in the first place.
The OP of the latter reddit link explains it much better than me but I'm actually very annoyed now as EA has actively taken steps to prevent linux users from playing.

I guess it's a matter of two steps forward, one step back for linux games. I've never ran into this particular problem before since I don't usually play online games and especially not FPS games.. But this one kind of ticked my interest for some reason.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Kraber for the last couple circles in my last game and won. The last squad were pretty screwed since they were having to make a run towards us before the ring got them.

I need to know how many times I've been champion now. Odd that it's not tracked in the game.
Yes please! I don't want to got through and count how many wins I have lol

TraumaHunter

Apr 17, 2018
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why it seems "easier" to win this as opposed to other BR's. I just got another two wins this morning. I have two wins TOTAL across 60 hours of Blackout, lol. Is it the lower player count? My friend and I can't wrap our head around why we're having so much more success here than we did in Blackout, because we're essentially employing the same strategies.

I would imagine F2P players leads to more fodder players. Games that have a 60$ pricetag lead to players that are more serious about their shooting games and likely employ more challenge as a result. Reduced player count also directly means that you have a higher chance of winning even if the skill level of the players was the same.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at this game. I have no idea why I keep playing... it's like I can't continue to be this bad, right? It doesn't help that the 5 games I played this morning someone always quit out during the drop ship. I don't care what others said, I'm positive it's because they don't want to play with a level 6 with 4 kills. 80% of my games someone drops immediately after picking, that seems way too high to be a coincidence. Even when I pick last. They need to add a drop penalty, or better yet offer a casual/beginners vs. competitive mode.
As someone who had basically the same issue of being rubbish this time last year with Fortnite where I'd basically hadn't played much in the way of competitive shooters. All I can say is try and find some other like minded people to play with and just keep at it. I played with friends quite a bit and eventually I got better. Enough so that I managed to transition to this well enough getting a few kills every game, which isn't the best, but I'm happy enough that I'm not awful anymore.

Maybe they'll add some casual modes like in Fortnite.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The two rarest skins I have are for Caustic, who I don't own.

EA's trying to tell me something, I think.
Tell me about it. He's the only character I don't have, but the loot boxes have given me some of the best stuff for him, including an animated pose, which you know, would be lovely if it were for a character I can actually use.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see if Respawn does anything different with the battle pad. They already said that you'll get Apex packs through it, right?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Caustic completely the wrong way. The Nox mines and grenade have little to do with damage and almost everything to do with tagging enemies. You can get a really good idea of where they are and where they aren't even if none of your mines are disturbed.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Man, just won a game where my teammate had 15 (!!!) kills, I had 5, and the other had 3. 23 kills out of 60 is insane lol.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people keeps choosing crowded drop areas. Like you might now where's the good stuff,but I definitely don't...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people keeps choosing crowded drop areas. Like you might now where's the good stuff,but I definitely don't...
because it is fun to shoot people in this shooting game, and it is considerably less fun to run around rural environs for 10 minutes without any action or conflict

I'd take a game where I get 5 kills and come in 15th over a game where I get first place with 1 kill every time

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont

The thing is, there are areas that are tagged as "higher tier" loot, but it's not set spawn points. It just means the area as a whole has a higher percentage of Blue/Purple items. You could drop into a Blue Area that has 10 Mozambiques and 5 Ulti Boosts for all that means. The only place each round you're guaranteed to find one really good gun is the blue circle that has a guaranteed "Golden Gun".

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the real problem is the lack of being able to solo or duo queue. That would seriously help some issues.

It's pretty annoying going into the game with a friend and the pub randomly dropping on their own somewhere else without a word, but I blame the fact we can't duo queue or they can't solo queue for it really.

Way to many players in party chat is my biggest issue if they want to promote team play as they say party chat needs to be disabled. Playing solo I'm constantly matched with parties of two who are in party chat watching me wipe whole squads while they stand around like potatoes.

I turned the game off in frustration lastnight due to awful teammates it's starting to really frustrate me tbh. This games awful without a 3 man group sometimes. In 3 hours of gameplay last night I had maybe two guys with mics.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me about it. He's the only character I don't have, but the loot boxes have given me some of the best stuff for him, including an animated pose, which you know, would be lovely if it were for a character I can actually use.
Is it cynical of me to suspect maybe they're intentionally dropping more shit for characters you don't own?

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
What's wrong with it? Some of the best in a recent game
I think it's really inconsistent. Hitboxes seem to be inaccurate and sometimes TTK is long, other times it's way too short. Almost every gun feels the same and different classes aren't different enough to me. Not the best comparison, but I think the gunplay in Destiny is better and more coherent.
I know I'm the minority with this opinion so I don't expect serious changes, which is bit of a shame as I really like the overall atmosphere and aesthetic of the game.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly dropping is random. I've dropped in hotzones or in the flight path and nobody is around. Sail to the far reaches out the map and find four groups with you.

Can't predict other peoples choices on the drop really in any br. One match may have more passive players who want to be far from the flight path and the next may be aggressive players sailing straight down asap to any bigger loot area.

Some of the areas are big, so if you see a group you need to loot and work your way away from them unless you have items to immediately engage them and hope to catch them with nothing. No need to loot towards another party if you don't find at least a gun and shields. No shame either in bailing on an area and looting on the run to another spot.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Oh boy... getting your squatmates killed, then activating Bloodhounds Beast Of The Hunt and killing the enemy squad is such a satisfying feeling. Makes you feel like a real badass predator.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This game! I wish they would come up with something better for me to support it though. I just feel no need to spend any money on it at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Level 10 now and got my 4th win. Having a blast! I went ahead and bought the Founder's Pack and Starter's Pack to show Respawn some love. Will probably grab the Battle Pass as soon as it's available.

SoulShimmer

Jan 22, 2018
Kwf08.png

That's a feels fucking good man, playing lifeline is great! Also, Spitfire is incredible

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love the game, but I'm encountering far too many bugs to bother right now. It'd be nice to at least get some acknowledgement that some patch is coming to address concerns. I've tweeted to them but, if they respond at all, I'll probably be pointed to the garbo EA support site. Weirdly enough everything was fine the first day or so but the bugs have become more numerous and frequent within the last couple days.
The game is growing in popularity exponentially and this is its first weekend. Of course there are going to be hiccups. It's a free to play game why are you tweeting at the devs, they've already acknowledged several issues and are working on it.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
caustic owns and is my favorite to play, although if I had money riding on the game I almost certainly wouldn't pick him

more than any legend, his teammates can easily force him into games in which he gets little or no value out of his kit. i think there are other plenty-good characters that can similarly have games where they don't substantially get value, but that that's more a product of their choices or forces outside the team's control, not their teammates

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see if EA announces first week numbers. I bet the game has easily cleared 15 million players by now.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's really inconsistent. Hitboxes seem to be inaccurate and sometimes TTK is long, other times it's way too short. Almost every gun feels the same and different classes aren't different enough to me. Not the best comparison, but I think the gunplay in Destiny is better and more coherent.
I know I'm the minority with this opinion so I don't expect serious changes, which is bit of a shame as I really like the overall atmosphere and aesthetic of the game.
Destiny has top tier gunplay but this isn't far behind imo. Not sure how you can actually think the guns feel the same. They vary so much by spread, damage, and recoil. I personally love the ttk. We have enough games with quick ttk, let there be something different

Status
Not open for further replies.