• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played another game with Bloodhound today, not sure what happened to our Pathfinder but he left when it was down to 2 squads. Just me and Wraith camped up in a house, I'm shitting it thinking we're about to get rolled over because I was dog-tagged (Pathfinder saved my tag and got me redeployed) and had to scrounge around hard to find level 1 armour and a weapon. I have half a clip left in my rifle, no heals or shield regen.

I pop my ult because I hear footsteps outside, shoot the first person I see come through the side door... Victory!

Turns out it was only one guy in the other squad and he had low health, that was lucky. We only had 4 kills between our team as well. I'll take it!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I know it's counterproductive to these types of games, but does anyone play this with the sound off and just listen to music or podcasts and stuff?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just went way off the circle to save two idiots' banners, only for them to leave the game when I was close to them. They died because they didn't stick together in the first place, and they weren't even level 1 or something. Would love a report feature of sort, no need to ban these people but let them play among the other people who completely ignore tactics, common sense and fuck over their teammates willingly.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just went way off the circle to save two idiots' banners, only for them to leave the game when I was close to them. They died because they didn't stick together in the first place, and they weren't even level 1 or something. Would love a report feature of sort, no need to ban these people but let them play among the other people who completely ignore tactics, common sense and fuck over their teammates willingly.

I mean, sounds like they were just new to the game? Seems like you're being needlessly hostile about playing with people who are in their first game.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man it is exhilarating to get the final kill in a match. Finally won a match his morning and then another right after with a shotgun kill. So fun.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I got to play several hours. The only criticism I have, and I am usually a whiny bitch when it comes to arena shooters, is that the SMG's seem spectacularly weak. Emptied an entire clip into someone's head and back at point blank range only to have them turn around and one shot me with a shotgun. Two seperate occasions. That needs balancing.

Other than that the game seems aces.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Won an intense match last night thanks to our Pathfinder´s beacon ability (which allowed us to camp in the last ring zone while everybody else was out there wearing themselves out) and a Mastiff I found at the last moment.

Surprisingly fun and tactic game. I´m not invested in battle royale at all, but this will keep me busy until Anthem and Dirt Rally 2.0 drop.
I do wish the characters were more customizable.

Last edited:

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

They're new to the game. The game has been out for less than a week. Take it down a notch.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they put more effort into future player skins. The ones that are just alternate colors are a joke. Hate when companies do that
It's pretty much the same amount of effort any other game with skins like this has. Epic and Legendaries are basically the only ones worth looking at and the rest are more or less just filler for the boxes.

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's quite easy to get wins in this though, I feel? Or maybe the skill bar is way lower still, at the moment.

Lost a game on second place though, gut wrenching :(

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sounds like they were just new to the game? Seems like you're being needlessly hostile about playing with people who are in their first game.

They were close to my level in terms of numbers. And I am not advocating for them to not play, but let them play with others who wander off on their own, ignore team orders, quit as soon as downed and such. All such people do is waste people's time.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crashes to desktop are bad.

That said, I finally went from having 1 kill total after like 15 games, to having 1 win total. And three kills. So that's like an improvement, sorta.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Game matched me with only one squadmate, a level 1 with no kills. We won.

Best feeling in the fucking world.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
I got to play several hours. The only criticism I have, and I am usually a whiny bitch when it comes to arena shooters, is that the SMG's seem spectacularly weak. Emptied an entire clip into someone's head and back at point blank range only to have them turn around and one shot me with a shotgun. Two seperate occasions. That needs balancing.

Dont even bother without an extended mag. They are the worst right now.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like one of the few battle royale games I'd enjoy but when I keep getting stuck with assholes that refuse to work together, yell bigoted bullshit (or, in one case, criticize me for not speaking Arabic which...okay?), or just drop out without warning... Ugh. I hope they put in a solo option because without one, I think I'm done.

I want a solo option, but not even to play it. I'd like for players who have no intention of collaboration to have that option.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Third party thing can work if your looted for it otherwise wait... And just think it can make you a target to also be third or fourth partied after your relentless battle with others. It's still situational and you need to evaluate the battle and landscape before rushing in.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Fucckkk I rarely crash but always seem to when I'm doing really good and it's near the end of the game. Fuck. They really need to get on adding a rejoin match feature like PUBG.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Dont even bother without an extended mag. They are the worst right now.

Yea, both times I mentioned I had really good armor too. The only fault I've seen with the game from a general point of view.

From a class perspective Mirage seems worthless but I get the feeling Respawn is still figuring out how he works in.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Elitism in this thread is getting very annoying. Game just came out. First weekend. There's gonna be people who don't what they are doing yet. That's to be expected and that's perfectly fine.

Get over it.
This is an issue in most games I see, tried a few Raids in Destiny and people would shit on you constantly if you never knew certain things, and even be abusive. After saying that the Destiny community was pretty helpful most times compared to some games. People are pricks.
Just mute everyone. This is problem in all competitive gaming or even sports. If you don't know what you are doing, just follow others, look their pings and atleast try to learn.

I was talking about destiny raids...relac. You need to have a mic in that game, either way that's dismissive.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's quite easy to get wins in this though, I feel? Or maybe the skill bar is way lower still, at the moment.

Lost a game on second place though, gut wrenching :(
There's a lot of factors that go into it. Significantly less people in the running compared to other games, shield items are abundant so getting into engagements isn't too risky long term when compared to other games where armor repair items are rare or you can't do it at all, when you get knocked you get the shield which is a small thing but it greatly increases your chances of surviving long enough to get picked up, if you do die you can respawn which mitigates early game fuck ups, and certain characters offer good escapes if you're in a hairy situation so you can get out rather than have to accept your fate.

The game does a great job of making winning more feasible without sacrificing the intensity and challenge of the genre.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

Which one were you using? I think the R-99 is very solid but I don't like the Alternator much.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8oG1Str.jpg

First win!

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Yea, I think I'm out until they do something with the shooting, because imo it's all over the place right now.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting annoyed by people that constantly push and don't stay near the rest of the team. Slow the fuck down. Tired of having to run into battles you already started

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Which one were you using? I think the R-99 is very solid but I don't like the Alternator much.

Oh I don't remember. But regardless emptying an entire clip into someone at 1m away and not killing them, while you back up to reload or switch weapons while they casually swap to a shotgun and murder you then go back to what they're doing, doesn't feel balanced.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
A tip for other Pathfinders out there: you can disconnect the grappling hook (the normal one) with crouch. I just found that out today.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no option to report a player for abusive chat on Origin? Just got called every word under the sun for the crime of picking someone else's main.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Four matches in a row with randoms dying in the first minutes due to them not following orders, with either them quitting or me having myself killed to try save their asses. Annoying.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea, both times I mentioned I had really good armor too. The only fault I've seen with the game from a general point of view.

From a class perspective Mirage seems worthless but I get the feeling Respawn is still figuring out how he works in.

Mirage is not worthless he have his uses. Sending decoy every 10sec to scout and bamboozle enemies is pretty huge.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at this game. I have no idea why I keep playing... it's like I can't continue to be this bad, right? It doesn't help that the 5 games I played this morning someone always quit out during the drop ship. I don't care what others said, I'm positive it's because they don't want to play with a level 6 with 4 kills. 80% of my games someone drops immediately after picking, that seems way too high to be a coincidence. Even when I pick last. They need to add a drop penalty, or better yet offer a casual/beginners vs. competitive mode.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got the Kraber for the last couple circles in my last game and won. The last squad were pretty screwed since they were having to make a run towards us before the ring got them.

I need to know how many times I've been champion now. Odd that it's not tracked in the game.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When you have squad mates run off on their own get downed, yell at you to come get them up and you can clearly see a full enemy squad camped right next to them...

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Can you break Lifeline's rez shield? I think I've shot it before but stopped after I didn't get any damage feedback.

I was thinking earlier about Legend balance, and it seems like they're in a really good spot with it. People are coming around on Pathfinder and Caustic already, and everyone seems happy with the rest. I think Lifeline needs a bigger silohuette/hitbox (and a breakable rez shield if that thing can't break) to tone her down a bit, but other than her, it feels like most Legends are hovering around even.

And are the relative proportions shown in the Legends menu correct? Because jesus christ Caustic is a huge target.

Last edited:

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got the Kraber for the last couple circles in my last game and won. The last squad were pretty screwed since they were having to make a run towards us before the ring got them.

I need to know how many times I've been champion now. Odd that it's not tracked in the game.

You can look through each character on their trackers to see how many wins you have for each character. They definitely need to add an overall stats tracker though.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why it seems "easier" to win this as opposed to other BR's. I just got another two wins this morning. I have two wins TOTAL across 60 hours of Blackout, lol. Is it the lower player count? My friend and I can't wrap our head around why we're having so much more success here than we did in Blackout, because we're essentially employing the same strategies.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i have two damn Caustic legendary skins

Can this game come up with something else

(The Philosopher's Stone skin is HOT tho, so I'm happy)

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People are coming around on Pathfinder and Caustic already, and everyone seems happy with the rest.

Caustic when played right is really strong. His area control is incredible. There was a game where it seemed like we were gonna lose cause me and another squad member was down in a building, but then our caustic set off all the gas, then killed multiple people while making others just leave. Then he was able to revive all of us, then we were able to heal (cause I was lifeline) and then we turned the whole fight around and won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.