• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
I have to admit, I've had some great time with this game. The developers have made Apex with love, they've converted me to actually play and enjoy a BR-game.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Matching with Aussies consistently in or out of a party feels fucking great. Hats off to Respawn again. It's brought back the matchmaking magic of making friends on XBL.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play much fps mp games anynore, nor have i gotten into the br genre, but i loved tf2, and gave this a shot. And hot damn, i just played for 3 hours straight and even though i feel fatigued, squading up with my brother and playing this has been a blast.

Really good job by respawn!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Elitism in this thread is getting very annoying. Game just came out. First weekend. There's gonna be people who don't what they are doing yet. That's to be expected and that's perfectly fine.

Get over it.
I think the real problem is the lack of being able to solo or duo queue. That would seriously help some issues.

It's pretty annoying going into the game with a friend and the pub randomly dropping on their own somewhere else without a word, but I blame the fact we can't duo queue or they can't solo queue for it really.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
thq6otkg3lf21.jpg

Me, as lifeline.
Great way to get purple armour pretty much everytime. I am loving playing as her.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the real problem is the lack of being able to solo or duo queue. That would seriously help some issues.

It's pretty annoying going into the game with a friend and the pub randomly dropping on their own somewhere else without a word, but I blame the fact we can't duo queue or they can't solo queue for it really.

That happens way less to me than this thread would imply, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Around half of my 10ish wins were with randoms.

Most of them without mics even.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
That happens way less to me than this thread would imply, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Around half of my 10ish wins were with randoms.

Most of them without mics even.
I've seen it happen a few times where a person goes off on their own, it's not a majority of times or anything though, no. It's just kind of annoying when it does happen.

That said we've also nearly won games with just the two of us(though one was ended in me crashing to the desktop :( ) so it's not the end of the world, can still have some fun even in twos.

SoulShimmer

Jan 22, 2018
I've won one game out of 20, weapon thoughts:

The spitfire w/ purp mag is god tier
Hemlock on single burst is awesome, you can spam super fast
Mozambique is a joke
Rest of the weapons seem pretty alright

Loving this game so far

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck sake, I've died a couple of times now just because my character just wouldn't equip a weapon. I keep hitting 1 or 2 and it takes like 2-3 seconds for the animation to actually begin. Just died because of this.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
9 kills and a win. My best so far. This game makes my heart race like no other. So intense.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody know how to change the stats that show up on your banner? Mine just shows total kills but I've seen different stuff for other people so there's got to be a way change it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Anybody know how to change the stats that show up on your banner? Mine just shows total kills but I've seen different stuff for other people so there's got to be a way change it.
You have to unlock them. Go to Legends and then pick a Legend and you'll see Banners tab and then it's the Tracker section.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Man I've had some bad games today. Hopefully I do a bit better in the evening lol.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Another back to back wins today! Just now my heart dropped in my butt. Both mates down and I was up against 3. Downed one with a Kraber finished him off with a nade while flanking at the same time. Made both his mates go inside a small house and I just whacked them with all the Arc Star, Frags, Thermites and everything throwable I had. GOT THE W

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Trying to heal people in this game as Lifeline can be a nightmare, I put my bot down to heal them and they run away.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Got out first "last team died to the storm" win last night, funny because we just finished off the other team and maybe one of us would have made into the next zone alive.

Overall absolutely loving this game, Blackout is becoming more of a memory now, having only 3-man teams kinda sucks when we had a regular group of 4 for Blackout so it's always having one person out, but I am hoping that with an increased lobby size we can get a 4-man squad playlist.

My biggest complain so far is the loot, I feel way more often compared to Blackout we're landing at a spot and coming out with crap, so so so many pistols. Specifically for me it feels like backpacks can be so hard to come by, I've maybe found a Lv2 less than 5 times so far.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Man, was running a hit and run squad with Pathfinder, Wraith, and Lifeline. Got an in with that Zip line, an out with the portals, and constant heals and revives. Also helped that we kept running into ultimate accelerators, so we had care packages dropping on the regular.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Oh my god... I really managed to get a kill with the Mozambique.

Feels like I'm really getting the hang of the game. Started today with 10 kills with bloodhound, now I'm at 24 kills. The last 6 or 7 matches I always got at least 1 kill.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I hate so say this but this game makes me wish Blizzard would take Overwatch into the BR scene. I'm realizing that I just don't like these legends personalities or designs very much, other than maybe Bloodhound and Pathfinder, and that's because he reminds me of a Titanfall 1 pilot. I'm a Mirage main and I think he's incredibly corny and silly but I like his decoy ability so much that I just use him regardless. The worst offender is Caustic, who just makes no fucking sense in this whole line up.

When Blizz launched Overwatch there was a tremendous amount of diversity in the heroes and they all felt like they were designed from the same aesthetic - even though they all looked very different. Years later I found out that it was Torb who was the design benchmark for the game which is not surprising.

My hope is that they can inject more personality or better skins or something into these characters.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What's the trick to the elongated ballon/glider redeploy?

Currently watching KingRichard and that dude just glided through half the map. Insane.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
This is an issue in most games I see, first few few Raids I did in Destiny and people would shit on you constantly if you never knew certain things, and even be abusive. After saying that the Destiny community was pretty helpful most times compared to some games. People are pricks.

Just mute everyone. This is problem in all competitive gaming or even sports. If you don't know what you are doing, just follow others, look their pings and atleast try to learn.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yup. It's strange. Also I'll drop a medkit if somebody is hurt and ping it but they just continue to run away. For all the good respawn has done with communication people still wanna play lone wolf
I think some people also just have no idea how to play the game. I'm getting pretty frustrated getting put with people who are level 1-5 and are still learning the ropes.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Love the game, but I'm encountering far too many bugs to bother right now. It'd be nice to at least get some acknowledgement that some patch is coming to address concerns. I've tweeted to them but, if they respond at all, I'll probably be pointed to the garbo EA support site. Weirdly enough everything was fine the first day or so but the bugs have become more numerous and frequent within the last couple days.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Yes that is addiction and also skilled as fuck.

I wonder how much shroud have in his account... Like 2-3k?
im just lucky is all. Shroud just has an infinity symbol next to his kills i think. also im really hoping they would implement a gametype where the circle continuously shrinks slowly from the start of the match, i think fortnite had a similar mode and i with this games gunplay and mobility it would be crazy fun.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like one of the few battle royale games I'd enjoy but when I keep getting stuck with assholes that refuse to work together, yell bigoted bullshit (or, in one case, criticize me for not speaking Arabic which...okay?), or just drop out without warning... Ugh. I hope they put in a solo option because without one, I think I'm done.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they put more effort into future player skins. The ones that are just alternate colors are a joke. Hate when companies do that

Status
Not open for further replies.