• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Ok fair play, and yes that makes sense. I just assumed the Scout had the range to finish the job lol.
You'd want your teammates to rush them while you support from the rear. Map is dense enough where they can often find cover from snipers.

Another example of how stuff like K:D stats can encourage play that isn't optimal (it's good to play the role of a support sniper even if you don't get kill credit, but people are incentivized to go after those kill counters instead).

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a similar issue. Doing a fair amount of damage but not getting kills. Practice makes perfect I guess. So far I'm not exactly great at this game, even though I usually do very well at online FPS games. Rusty I guess.

If anyone wants to squad up on PS4, my PSN is NIBZY.
I'll hit you up sometime! Just played with a few Era members and we won three times! Was fun.

Our highest squad kill game of the night
cR1fi47.jpg

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i had a pretty damn good game just now with a win but the first couple of minutes were nuts. unfortunately the ps4 was set to record the last 15min :'(

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I'm not alone in thinking the Devotion is fucking too strong.

Devotion can feel ridiculous, but I think its best to just disengage from the opponent. It forces them to stop firing and makes them need to wind up again. You should have the advantage then.

Energy ammo is also harder to find.

Never challenge a Devotion head on.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
How is the game when playing with randoms btw?

Depends, honestly. You still get bad teammates sometimes and terrible drops but then sometimes you'll have a game where everyone is on the same page, pings, works together and it feels fantastic.

I've also met several people from randoms who I play with now on Discord.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Last game of the night, first win of the night with Tabby and TheMink . Lots of fun all night, but whew, last fight of the game was nuts. They had the circle on the other side of a super narrow choke point, gas traps set. As soon as we popped the trap, their Caustic ulted a gas cloud into the gap. I threw my Caustic ult, Bangalores were dropping smoke left and right, everyone charged through the gap into smokey insanity. Best thing in the world for that fight was the gold 1x threat highlight I had on my wingman. It was ridiculous.

SNTUbqd.png

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Last game of the night, first win of the night with Tabby and TheMink . Lots of fun all night, but whew, last fight of the game was nuts. They had the circle on the other side of a super narrow choke point, gas traps set. As soon as we popped the trap, their Caustic ulted a gas cloud into the gap. I threw my Caustic ult, Bangalores were dropping smoke left and right, everyone charged through the gap into smokey insanity. Best thing in the world for that fight was the gold 1x threat highlight I had on my wingman. It was ridiculous.

SNTUbqd.png
Haha man I couldn't see anything. Those Caustic traps had me hiding in a corner while you both did the work.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Mirage, i like everything but his passive.
Any skill that counts on you dying doesn't seem great

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is a bug or what, but everytime I hip-fire on an enemy it brings up the "pinging" radial menu for some reason...which of course stops me from firing and gets me killed. Anyone else getting this?

I've checked the settings and my Ping command is bound to the middle mouse button, not sure why pressing the left mouse button is bringing it up...it doesn't come up while I'm using ADS though...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes! Won my first match with InterFlorsh. Feels good. Still only level 7 but I can definitely see myself putting way more time into this. Only played a handful of rounds thus far.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally won today. And then a second time a couple games later, with me scoring the game winning kill. Feels good man.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with Origin? I can't get it to load properly like it opens when i go to play Apex but the loading circle just keeps spinning on origin and never stops. I can't even see my game library or friends list wtf. Going offline mode doesn't even let me see my game library like steam would.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
A YouTuber must have said something about some of the guns or strategies.I've seen alot of people playing exactly the same tonight haha. But this game is awesome

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if should take some PUBG related advice and just drop into highly populated areas and work on my shooting. I don't really wanna solo drop and fuck my teams over like that but I need practice

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'll ever get good at the gunplay in this game. No matter what I do I just can't seem to finish people off. Mix of bad aim and the high ttk. Even when I land a lot of hits it's almost always my teammates that get my kills.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Players are getting better now. Im still mad by record 8 kill game got ruined by a crash. I hope the game tracks stats behind the scenes.

We're never getting cross-platform accounts are we? I've been playing PC, but it's gonna suck going on PS4 and not having my unlocks

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll ever get good at the gunplay in this game. No matter what I do I just can't seem to finish people off. Mix of bad aim and the high ttk. Even when I land a lot of hits it's almost always my teammates that get my kills.

My advice would be to focus on short range if you aren't doing so already. Focus on flanking enemies and firing close with LMGs or shotguns, you'll barely even need to aim if you're lucky. Long range encounters are almost always more trouble than they're worth. If an enemy has decent body armor then even a sniper headshot might not take them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.