• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty hard to solo an entire squad when they all rush you with auto shotguns. Not even mad, it was hilarious.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Grenades are so good in this game even at super long range. I still think more games should go the Halo route with grenades where you can toss them from off hand without having to swap back and forth between weapons.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Can make Zipline's for the group to get into and out of intense situations. Can also find the next circle before it appears.
Zipline, offensive supports are a thing. Like Pyke in LoL and Moira in Overwatch.

Zipline isn't that different from the portal Wraith can make and she's assault or whatever the bullets mean, and the survey seems more recon like Bloodhound. It's ultimately meaningless outside of getting an achievement/trophy for winning with each class, I just find it odd.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't get how you do the swing with pahtfinder's grappling hook? When I use it it just pulls me toward it, how do you get it to move around in circles and shit?

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting strange mic issues on PC? Everyone says there is a lot of static but on my end there is nothing.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Zipline isn't that different from the portal Wraith can make and she's assault or whatever the bullets mean, and the survey seems more recon like Bloodhound. It's ultimately meaningless outside of getting an achievement/trophy for winning with each class, I just find it odd.
Zipline is way more useful for getting the high ground.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns need a major nerf. They're insanely op.

Running into revive bugs where teammates aren't being revived now
I disagree. As you get better shotguns feel worse, besides the Mastiff.
I've had shots with the Peacekeeper that did 90 damage, yet other times I'd hit with a fully charged shot and hit for 30. It's very unreliable

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
In general the class organization stuff is pretty pointless outside of Lifeline. I wouldn't read too much into it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
XwFoNPI.jpg

It's impossible for me to kill someone. No matter how often I hit, how much damage I do and how much effort I put into a round. Highly frustrating and non-rewarding. :(

I'm having a similar issue. Doing a fair amount of damage but not getting kills. Practice makes perfect I guess. So far I'm not exactly great at this game, even though I usually do very well at online FPS games. Rusty I guess.

If anyone wants to squad up on PS4, my PSN is NIBZY.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing the characters in order to get a win with each so Bangalore was last and damn, she gelled with me instantly. Don't know if I like her or Bloodhound more.

After Overwatch I've had little enthusiasm for games that have any hero shooter influence, but here they give each character flavour without being a deciding factor for encounters... generally. I've won a game with Gibraltar by carpet bombing the last squad and I don't feel too good about that.

Still, I'm so on board with this. I've enjoyed the other BRs but they've always been something I've had more passive interest in, while Apex has me where I'm just getting urges to play constantly. I'm just really really pleased with what we have as a starting point and can't wait to see where they go with characters, weapons, and battle passes from here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing the characters in order to get a win with each so Bangalore was last and damn, she gelled with me instantly. Don't know if I like her or Bloodhound more.

After Overwatch I've had little enthusiasm for games that have any hero shooter influence, but here they give each character flavour without being a deciding factor for encounters... generally. I've won a game with Gibraltar by carpet bombing the last squad and I don't feel too good about that.

Still, I'm so on board with this. I've enjoyed the other BRs but they've always been something I've had more passive interest in, while Apex has me where I'm just getting urges to play constantly. I'm just really really pleased with what we have as a starting point and can't wait to see where they go with characters, weapons, and battle passes from here.

Yeah, ults shouldnt give you cheap kills, but they generally seem avoidable. Airstrike has an obvious warning, and Gibraltors cant be thrown that far. Enemies are forced to charge into your dome if the circle is that tight.

As more legends come out, we should get less games where the last circle is spamming the artillery and barrage. Hopefully no more ults where you call in an artillery strike.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
A lot of pubg people playing this, trying to call out coordinates, man just ping that thing...

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they're pinging the enemy then they're helping you by letting you know their locations...

Sorry I meant if they are dead not downed, apologies. -edit-

If they are pinging when they are dead they are doing it to annoy me, since they are spectating. Maybe when they are downed yes ping away tell me where they are but your not helping my audio by spamming it whilst spectating.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a similar issue. Doing a fair amount of damage but not getting kills. Practice makes perfect I guess. So far I'm not exactly great at this game, even though I usually do very well at online FPS games. Rusty I guess.

If anyone wants to squad up on PS4, my PSN is NIBZY.
ime, this usually means that you're taking fights from too far away

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure PUBG had hidden mmr back when I played. I may be wrong though it's been a while.
If it did, it was incredibly rudimentary. I think it was mostly just people imagining that it did and them subtly encouraging it. You don't implement a whole MMR system for your big complicated multiplayer game and then be modest about its existence.

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree. As you get better shotguns feel worse, besides the Mastiff.
I've had shots with the Peacekeeper that did 90 damage, yet other times I'd hit with a fully charged shot and hit for 30. It's very unreliable
Oddly enough, I completely agree. When I started, I thought shotguns were OP and hardly touched anything else. Now with a few wins under my belt, I feel like I can't accomplish shit with a shotgun.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The crashing on PS4 is starting to become a fun killer. Really annoying when it feels like a luck of the draw if it won't crash or not.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough, I completely agree. When I started, I thought shotguns were OP and hardly touched anything else. Now with a few wins under my belt, I feel like I can't accomplish shit with a shotgun.
I think it depends on the character someone like Wraith or Mirage need a shotgun in order to make use of their abilities. I still think shotguns are great in general.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The crashing on PS4 is starting to become a fun killer. Really annoying when it feels like a luck of the draw if it won't crash or not.

Yup. Lag is really bad at the moment too.

Edit: aaand the game just crashed at the character customization screen, LOL.

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Been getting some good kills tonight but still the best I've done is third place. It's getting pretty frustrating. :/

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
I played damn near all day today and walked away with 4 wins. I think that puts me around 9 or 10 in total. I really wish we could see career stats to confirm though. I have only really been using Bangalore and Gibraltar, but been having a ton of fun. I haven't played anything else since this game came out lol.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
With Lifelife sometimes I have to use the old Battlefield 3/4 system.

The defibrillator is for you. The medpack is for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.