• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Caustic is a more fun, better voiced, cooler looking, and way rarer than Mirage. But yeah, he's for funsies not serious play.

There's more going on with him than first glance. Grappling hook momentum can help you cover a building's worth of distance like spiderman. I'm not good at it yet myself. But Moonmoon's maining him and his hook swings are pretty on point. Also Zipline recharging every 2-3 minutes is sweet.

This is probably old but still great.

That animated so well. Man that's cool.

Oct 28, 2017
I understand the mechanics and collect good loot but I die without ever really getting a kill. It has been really just zero fun. At least with Fortnite there are other things keeping me interested outside of just the gunplay. Here it's just sink or swim and I feel like I'm not getting better or learning anything.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
XwFoNPI.jpg

It's impossible for me to kill someone. No matter how often I hit, how much damage I do and how much effort I put into a round. Highly frustrating and non-rewarding. :(

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
finally used Wraiths portal offensively instead of just to get my teammate to catch up.
we got ambushed in one of those lil mudhuts. I phased outside. Set a portal outside each exit door. I couldn't win the 1v3. But i caused a lot of havoc just potshotting and zig zagging between portals lol

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I understand the mechanics and collect good loot but I die without ever really getting a kill. It has been really just zero fun. At least with Fortnite there are other things keeping me interested outside of just the gunplay. Here it's just sink or swim and I feel like I'm not getting better or learning anything.
thats the reason i dont like Fortnite. theres too much distractions between farming and building. I just want to collect loot and get kills

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
XwFoNPI.jpg

It's impossible for me to kill someone. No matter how often I hit, how much damage I do and how much effort I put into a round. Highly frustrating and non-rewarding. :(

I totally agree with you. I can knock down people all day in game and I am still somehow sitting at 0 kills.

Got frustrated and just reinstalled Titanfall 2 and have been playing the multiplayer on that instead lol. More of that Respawn style movement and gunplay but with titans and not having to wait for a new match everytime I get killed

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
After 6 games just won my first match with 21 squad kills. Fuck that felt good. One of the best battle royale squads I've ever had. They had to respawn me at the start of the match then revive me twice, but I came through and wiped a few squads and then got the match-winning kill. The Spitfire is a goddamn beast.

Fuck I'm hooked...this game plays amazingly well.

Oct 28, 2017
thats the reason i dont like Fortnite. theres too much distractions between farming and building. I just want to collect loot and get kills

Yeah I get that. I'm just bummed as I really like how smooth the game plays and I love Titanfall. I don't think this game is bad but I'm very bad at it.

In some ways it feels like a fighting game. You're either great or you ain't.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
After 6 games just won my first match with 21 squad kills. Fuck that felt good. One of the best battle royale squads I've ever had. They had to respawn me at the start of the match then revive me twice, but I came through and wiped a few squads and then got the match-winning kill. The Spitfire is a goddamn beast.

Fuck I'm hooked...this game plays amazingly well.

The beautiful thing is TF1/TF2 also felt this good to play as well.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Do you have a rtx card?

I tried everything internet suggested and the only thing that seemed to work for me is like downclock my 2080ti half the way , now I can play without crashing it seems.

Yeah, rtx cards seemed fucked for this game atm. Going back to the 417.71 driver helped me. However, today the game went black screen and my gpu fan went 100%. So, idk anymore.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My RTX 2080 hasn't had a single crash yet... played around 30 games maybe a bit more.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, rtx cards seemed fucked for this game atm. Going back to the 417.71 driver helped me. However, today the game went black screen and my gpu fan went 100%. So, idk anymore.
Not just RTX.

I've a 1080 TI and I'm getting random crash to desktops. I tried a few things but it's still happening. It's really intermittent too, sometimes it'll happen a lot, other times it'll last a lot of games before it does it.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns need a major nerf. They're insanely op.

Running into revive bugs where teammates aren't being revived now

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man what a match I just had (won obv). I went in fucking hard, just rushed people any chance I had. I made a particularly smart play by using a balloon to get ontop of the metal tower in the desert area (middle of that shanty area), and there was a guy up there who had no idea, took him out, and then other people on the ground. That was just the start. I got lucky enough with my nades and ninja stars too. Man. And we had a guy leave after he was downed in the beginning. I wiped those guys and could've respawned him so easily. So many of my wingman and peacekeeper shots were on point, so satisfying. I personally took out the last 3-4 squads and revived my rando twice in the final match up.

10 kills, 14 squad kills got damn. I'm all jittery from the adrenaline.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right now the biggest way to earn xp is through game time. I've had a few games today with a teammate who was AFKing just to earn xp.

Hopefully they make a tweak to the way xp is earned or add a way to detect and boot afk players or a way to report people.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
oh my god pubbies are playing so boring tonight. dropping in the middle of nowhere, crouching on roofs looking around for minutes on end, sniping aimlessly at people 300m away. i cant whatsoever understand going into this game wanting to have some meaningless top 3 'win' in which you never actually fight another person

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Respect your jumpmaster please and don't straight into the fire because you will die immediately and I'm over at the water treatment plant calmly picking up lvl 2 armor

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I swear there should be an option to turn ping requests off or a timeout when people are dead. I mean 50+ seconds on the clock I will try and get you if I can, it's not helping me spamming ping when your downed whilst I am looking for ammo, healing and trying to hear enemy footsteps in my ear all I can hear is PING PING PING.

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
After using Banglore a tonne, I've switched over to Lifeline for a bit and I think she may be the one for me, always liked being support, I just seem to gel with her real well. Also just got my first win with her while being kill leader.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.
Thnx for the link. Been doing well with random (think ive won 8-9 games, and actuator won 3 back to back last night) but it be nice not having to play the random lottery

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I swear there should be an option to turn ping requests off or a timeout when people are downed. I mean 50+ seconds on the clock I will try and get you if I can, it's not helping me spamming ping when your downed whilst I am looking for ammo, healing and trying to hear enemy footsteps in my ear all I can hear is PING PING PING.

If they're pinging the enemy then they're helping you by letting you know their locations...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
You can carry randoms to a win so well in this game. They can can still be useful even if only as a distraction. The respawning mechanic is genius.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Watching Shroud is a god damn masterclass.

Guy just got revived and with only a pistol kills two enemies by running circles around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.