• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I swear to god if some of you whiners get Pathfinder's grapple mechanics nerfed I am quitting video games permanently.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Made it to the final two squads solo. Both my teammates died pretty early, but they were useless anyway.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I'm having a blast with this game! Won twice today, only won a team Victory Royale in FN before, so I am high as fuck on hype RN
giphy.gif

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. I just can't aim for shit with a controller. I really wish there was matchmaking or the game didn't show stats at the beginning. I had 4 games in a row where both my teammates quit right after the start. Could be many reasons, but I can't help but think my crap stats caused them to quit. Is there any penalty for leaving early?

It's not because of your stats, most likely they quit because someone chose their favorite character, some players are that childish.

Also, you can change the stats displayed in your banner.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Top 3 as a two man because our third quit after I picked the character he wanted lmao

Won the next game :D

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Being able to post your team up on the highest position in final circle is like one of the best team utilities.
Having a character thats best use in only end game isn't really something that screams utility to me.
Lol, you are just making shit up. Guaranteed he will he most used character at high level play if they don't change him
The game has been out for less than a week, any call for any nerf at all at this point is beyond ridiculous. Least of which is one of the least used characters. Pro gamers got the game early and they all virtually play the DPS heroes and no one picks the robot. And if it does evolve into a skill where high players dominate with him, then so what? You dont nerf something thats only applicable to 1% of the population. And making shit up? Youre the one asking for nerfs on the least used character because of speculation on your end, from a video of a dude making a noob look hilarious (seriously had he just waited for him to come off of the swing and not wasted his ammo thats a free kill). We shouldn't be asking to neuter high skill gameplay. We should actively be encouraging it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but a high loot area on the otherside of the map is just me and the team where we get all the loot we want without shitting ourselves
Until you get wrecked by the people who are better at gunplay. 😉

That another reason people do it — to practice fighting other players. The fact is, you'll have to fight eventually.

I don't think I've ever landed in the high loot circle and not encountered another squad though. You're pretty lucky to see that in any game.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Played with some era folks and got another win. Fun matches for sure! I'm definitely going to add some more from the discord group.

Best part of this game is reading comments or watching streams and nobody seems to agree on their favorite guns. I feel their is something for everyone and proves most guns are viable and diverse.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Haha, this isn't anything special, but this is why I love the RE-45.

Of all weapons I could have hurriedly picked up, it was one of the guns I'm best with.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
There is nothing quite like gearing up, making the 400 mile trek to the circle with 4 squads left, fucking up your air strike, missing all your shots and dying.

I think that match was 20 minutes of nothing and 2 minutes of being terrible at the game.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Wingman, Peacekeeper or Scout are my go to wepaons. So far I have terrible luck with my lootboxes. I'm level 18 now and just at 215 crafting materials. At this pace it will take me months to get a single legeandary skin. They need to tweak the economy.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I love Apex so I'm not dissing the 64 player limit. I just feel it would still work with an extra 6 squads.

BFV will be 64 player at launch and I also hope they increase that a bit as time goes by.
Why does it matter what BFV is? If it's better with lower player counts, it's better with lower player counts.

Oct 17, 2018
Is Wraith incredibly buggy for anyone else? If you're downed and take your ult portal, you can't put your shield up. And I got another bug where I took my portal and my shotgun emptied its ammo and I couldn't reload it for the remainder of the game.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just won the BR which the squad on I was on didn't even realize that was the last team we were fighting against! lol

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
There is nothing quite like gearing up, making the 400 mile trek to the circle with 4 squads left, fucking up your air strike, missing all your shots and dying.

I think that match was 20 minutes of nothing and 2 minutes of being terrible at the game.

That's the BR way. I stopped playing Pubg because it was 40 minutes of nothiong and 2 minutes of being bad.

At least this loop is cleaner.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but winning games with randoms is my Guilty pleasure. Just won with a squad of Lifeline, Bangalore, Pathfinder (me). 0 voice chat, all ping communication, smart positioning and play. Muah! Best feeling in the world

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
As a Pathfinder main I'm seeing a lot more people use him in the last day or two, which I assume is people realizing how deceptively powerful his tools actually are.

Luckily I've fallen back on Caustic as a secondary, and really enjoying him. Just won a game as him a little bit ago and the ult is so worth it.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
As a Pathfinder main I'm seeing a lot more people use him in the last day or two, which I assume is people realizing how deceptively powerful his tools actually are.

He's definitely my best guy - got 2 of my 3 wins using him. His grapple really is insane and if you use it right you can get crazy drops on enemies when they least expect you.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Caustic is a more fun, better voiced, cooler looking, and way rarer than Mirage. But yeah, he's for funsies not serious play.

There's more going on with him than first glance. Grappling hook momentum can help you cover a building's worth of distance like spiderman. I'm not good at it yet myself. But Moonmoon's maining him and his hook swings are pretty on point. Also Zipline recharging every 2-3 minutes is sweet.

This is probably old but still great.

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would let us see overall stats; I think I have 8 wins, but it might be 7 or 9???

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
And every group I've played with since my first have been awful. These kids keep dropping in the worst spots and the loot has been hot garbage.

Man, I need more friends to play with

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Pathfinder:

-Can get incredible flanks and overlooking angles, making nades and DMRs super deadly in his hands
-Can move laterally, not just vertically, so you can pull yourself into cover or along the ground to catch up
-Can pull enemies into you
-Swinging is not as hard as it appears with a little practice
-Zip line charges so fast that you will never need accelerant and can just give them to your team
-Zip line allows you to access a ton of places people will not think to look
-It negates tons of height advantages/terrain disadvantages in places like Bridges or Cascades, allowing great getaways or approaches that are otherwise impossible. Pinned down in a house outside the next ring? It's zip line time!
-The range on the zip line is incredible
-You can even use it for something as mundane as speeding up the whole team into the next ring, because it'll charge up again anyway before you know it

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Caustic is a more fun, better voiced, cooler looking, and way rarer than Mirage. But yeah, he's for funsies not serious play.

There's more going on with him than first glance. Grappling hook momentum can help you cover a building's worth of distance like spiderman. I'm not good at it yet myself. But Moonmoon's maining him and his hook swings are pretty on point. Also Zipline recharging every 2-3 minutes is sweet.

I feel like if Respawn didn't want wall running and all that they wouldn't think that sort of maneuver should be possible either.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite grapple moment is fucking up my drop into Relay and nearly falling into the ravine for an instadeath, only to grapple my way up the waterfall from a surprisingly far distance down.

Oct 26, 2017
California

Can you do this with a controller, or is it PC only? I saw the other video linked and he uses "a strafe button," so I gotta know!

Status
Not open for further replies.