• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Made me laugh.

Dy_1U19UwAAl4fT.jpg:large

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
breaking game mechanics
You can kick down doors. You can blow doors up. Most places have two exits per floor.

This scenario is so unlikely to happen again, I'd be surprised if this guy could pull it off like that. Secondly, why were all 3 squad members in that small ass room LMFAO?!

Not game breaking.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
ugh, my computer can't seem to run this at anything more than 35 fps. makes firefights a lot tougher.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
ugh, my computer can't seem to run this at anything more than 35 fps. makes firefights a lot tougher.
Does that sound about right for your PC, or is it lower than you thought? There's a bug where the game is defaulting to peoples' integrated graphics, so you might be experiencing that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hes the worst character in the game and that move virtually has 0 utility for your own team and is incredibly difficult to pull off. You might as well ask for nerfs to non wingman pistols and the prowler while youre at it. Makes 0 sense.

Setting up a grapple to an advantageous position is amazing.

And if it takes skill to use his ability well that doesn't make him bad. Kills = good for your team.

Oct 25, 2017
Pathfinder is the only hero I've played so far, but he's also the only one I want to play. I love characters with high movement ability.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Hes the worst character in the game and that move virtually has 0 utility for your own team and is incredibly difficult to pull off. You might as well ask for nerfs to non wingman pistols and the prowler while youre at it. Makes 0 sense.
Being able to post your team up on the highest position in final circle is like one of the best team utilities.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, you are just making shit up. Guaranteed he will he most used character at high level play if they don't change him

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing that video with Pathfinder, I am shook. We need to mobilize to see if we can get him nerfed.

dame2.png

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Does that sound about right for your PC, or is it lower than you thought? There's a bug where the game is defaulting to peoples' integrated graphics, so you might be experiencing that.

It doesn't seem right tbh. I have a GTX 960. This game doesn't seem *that* graphically crazy that it should struggle at 35.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Saturday ruined the servers. I'd be interested to see the weekend numbers when they're inevitable released next week.

I just got some time to play today though so this sucks

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
One of my best rounds so far in over 30 hours Apex because I finished and decided the round and got us the victory and that felt so good.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't seem right tbh. I have a GTX 960. This game doesn't seem *that* graphically crazy that it should struggle at 35.
Yeah, I have a 980 with an r5 2600 and that can get it up to 100-120 at 1080p on a medium/low mix. I'm not sure exactly what the fix is, but it should be easy to find. I think it has something to do with going into your Nvidia control panel and setting programs to "Always high performance" or something like that.

Origin has a built-in FPS display to help you monitor your tweaks, which was a big help for me.
How do you make sure its using your actual graphics card?
I don't know if there's a surefire method, but it chugging suspiciously low would probably be a good indicator. If you go into your Nvidia control panel and set either the global setting or Apex-specific setting to "High Performance" or "High Power" or whatever it is, I think that's all you need to do.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
anyone else consistently crashing on pc when playing with/watching someone use a sniper? It feels like every time i crash to desktop its cus I was using one or watching a teammate use one while I was waiting to be revived at a station

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Thats where we disagree. You can break down doors by kicking them
iirc you can still break the door down with two kicks even if it's blocked
They could have kicked the door out. They just didn't seem to know about it.
You can kick down doors. You can blow doors up. Most places have two exits per floor.

This scenario is so unlikely to happen again, I'd be surprised if this guy could pull it off like that. Secondly, why were all 3 squad members in that small ass room LMFAO?!

Not game breaking.

I eluded to the fact that you can break down the doors by kicking them, but yes you can break down the door by kicking them. That doesn't change my opinion on it at all. It doesn't add anything of value to the game IMO, either people know a mechanic that is never told to them and indeed most the people that play this game aren't aware of because outside of basically just this scenario it's not very useful or they don't know about the mechanic and get screwed over by it. And by broken I mean it makes no sense, why is a person standing up not blocking a door but someone crawling on the ground is? If there's something blocking the other side, why can't you just open the door towards yourself like you would in real life? It's a stupid mechanic that only makes sense in game logic.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Landed and found a fully kitted out gold R103. First time that's happened with any weapon.

Also, the servers are pure shit right now. It's like moving in slow motion.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The kills on your banner are tied to the character.

edit: and I think knockdowns don't count =/
You played a different character he time before.
Ah, yes. I went back to Bloodhoud and saw my lone kill:)

No, and that's one of the main reasons why I hated every single one of them. I have high hopes for this game to add a Ranked mode.
So I shouldn't have high hopes Apex will add one... Well, I tried Apex on PC (had been playing on PS4), and first game - 3 kills and finished 2nd. Ha! I was carried a bit, but while far from competent, I can at least aim with a mouse. I'm terrible with a controller (Splatoon's motion aim spoiled me). The problem is my PC struggles to run Apex... it's old:(

Though I was brought back to reality game two. Game 3 I finished 2nd again, with 0 kills. I had flashbacks to my time with PUBG.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Finally played my first match, really fun and we won! Randoms were really good

Visually it's a little overwhelming because of everything on screen but I'm hoping that'll be something I get used to over time

Status
Not open for further replies.