• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a second game-ending crash while trying to play. Something about "video card has been physically removed from the system." I'm not having enough fun to try and diagnose it so I guess I'm done.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
The fun of getting randoms is what makes this game fun for me. I'm almost level 30 and getting level 1s in my team is interesting. Yes it would be nice to have players same my level but it's also unfair in a BR game

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a scope that can do it? Or maybe guy got lucky, hit you. And guessed whichway you were moving.
Did bloodhound have a "threat detect" holo on their weapon? that can track through smoke

Just to fill in the blanks, there was no bloodhound around and I highly doubt it was just random shots. They could've had the gold scope which marks targets in red through smoke, but there's no way for me to know if they had that. I had forgot about it when I made my hasty post.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Discovered a new strat, if you have Bangalore and Gibraltar, you can initiate fights using a wombo-combo using both of their ults. Won a game today with Canis and Supervga using this.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just to fill in the blanks, there was no bloodhound around and I highly doubt it was just random shots. They could've had the gold scope which marks targets in red through smoke, but there's no way for me to know if they had that. I had forgot about it when I made my hasty post.
Sorry i meant to say "did bangalore have" but yeah that scope is what I am referring to

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like the randos im teamed with never use their abilities. They just loot.....i get killed outside. I ping enemies. They either continue looting and not paying attention....or run away.
I have never seen Lifelines little healthbot. I didn't even know that was a thing. Cuz no lifeline ive teamed with has done that.
The only ppl that use their abilities is anyone who is Gibralatar. They love those bubbles

Maybe begin playing as Lifeline then? Or hop on the mic and request someone playing as her to drop it.

Or maybe they feel like the situation doesnt call for the health bot. I main as Lifeline and I always make sure people are ok with me dropping my health ability and ultimate because they give our position away.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
The game should really let you spectate immediately after and see what gear the enemy has. I would love to know and it would help get better acquainted with the nuances (imo).
I'm sure they'll add things like death cams (seeing a replay of your death from their perspective) in future updates.

edit: in PUBG, you can only view this after your squad wipes

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out to fix the borderless full screen glitch? It won't actually switch to regular full screen no matter what I do.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Who wanted to tell me that I can't shoot while being cloaked by Mirage's Ultimate? Cool to learn it the hard way in the last important seconds of a match.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We're probably at the point where we should just have a Shroud thread, he jumps online queues solo drops 22 kills and wins the game whilst playing the ping system with his randoms (2 and 0 kills) - The guys unreal

Roquentin

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck this game. I'm addicted to watching it. First Ninja clutch respawns and now Shroud 5 squads left solo to winning the game... Exciting stuff. The game is so well designed - UI, sound, loot, pings. Can't wait for proper skill-based matchmaking, where every team is high skilled.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
So you can give their position away to your squad? Wouldn't that be an issue?

They would have to do like in blackout. Basically after the squad is eliminated or when exiting to the lobby ask if you wanted to see the kill cam, not anytime prior. Even then blackout still doesn't show all the perks the person may have been using. I don't think the game needs it now but it would be a decent addition down the line of implemented right.

I'd also think the person asking for it could have just just spectated if his squad was done cause I don't they dropped that scope. I'd definitely say it was the gold threat detector.

Oct 29, 2017
Having an absurdly bad day with this game. Most of the time, if I dont have both teammates run into completely different directions, I'm not lasting more than a handful of seconds upon landing, now in about 15 games today. Not sure sometimes despite launching strategically and looking as we land how it seems at least 2 teams are fully locked and loaded as our feet hit the ground.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Yay I finally started killing people consistently last night. It takes a while to adjust to the TTK and to get a feel for the weapons.

And I really don't know which legends I like. Bangalore is cool as hell but I don't use her powers much.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
The game is unplayable with randoms. I've got to wait for my friends to play. Nobody communicates, every man is for himself, and when people die they just quit instead of waiting for you to get their banner and respawn them.
Really is the total opposite of my experience. Have no friends on PC and have won 5 games and top 3 15+ times. Nearly all just the ping system with the odd mic

Really weird how that works!

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
I just had a round with 2 rando's (could've been paired I dunno) and we melted. Those guys knew how to play.

Oct 28, 2017
I have had great experiences with randoms pinging and voice chatting and I have had randoms calling me a socially inept piece of shit when they asked "where's the weed at" and I responded "wingstop" or the person that was blasting pitch shifted telemundo.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Won another match as kill leader with 9 kills, where I revived the the same guy twice and respawned him once lol. Took a whole squad out trying to finish him off at the start with my RE-45. I ended up getting killed along with that guy near the end though, and our last guy ignored getting our tags for some reason and just hid for a bit, could have easily respawned us as a station was right next to us, but the lucky bastard managed to get the last guy. Not so pissed at him now.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
The game is unplayable with randoms. I've got to wait for my friends to play. Nobody communicates, every man is for himself, and when people die they just quit instead of waiting for you to get their banner and respawn them.

I've played with only randoms and I've had the opposite experience. I'm new to BR so people have been showing me the ropes and are very patient even though I'm obviously terrible. The last competitive fps I dedicated much time to is BF1. The ping system is used by all of us and it is awesome. I have even been added by a few people through PSN as friends and squaded up for a few rounds.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cliffy B is just over here having a normal one

tenor.gif

Just take your L bro.

Lawbreakers was good, game play wise, but other than that it was a mess. Then you tried to salvage it with a half baked BR.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Found the golden prowler just to see it only holds a whopping....35 bullets?? This should hold at least 50 especially at a legendary clip. Garbage gun and not worth picking up over the hemlock or spitfire for your heavy ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.