• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Watching a stream last night I discovered that Caustic's gas traps can be placed behind doors to block them from opening unless you break them.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I have no trouble getting 2 wins in a row, but a third? Shit is downright impossible, especially when in solo q.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Why doesn't the announcer keep telling you fewer and fewer squads? We won and didn't even realize they were the last team, lol.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Played the Xbox version last night for the first time on the X. EA Access gives you 1000 coins and a skin. With the $5 starter pack and that, you can unlock both Legends on the console.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why do you say that? There is a LOT of map compared to players. I'd imagine there is a ton of areas that get completely ignored and remain unlooted. I don't see how adding players would hurt

A core part of BR games is getting the gameplay loop into a good place: loot > move > engage

At the moment matches are finishing somewhere around 15 minutes, and a long drawn out match is only slightly longer. I'm no expert on other BR games, but that feels pretty quick.

And while I agree that the map is large, the current player count gives the drop phase some space. The quick movement, hills/slides and zip lines mean that you're never far from a fight, regardless of distance.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
This game is so fun. Having a blast with peeps on PS4.

Like every team fight is exhilarating and gets my heart going. When you pull off some sick shit, like dive slide under the house, chuck a grenade at one guy and pull up straight to a dude with your peacekeeper on lock. Wipe a team. Damn what a feel.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
There is nothing bad about having the occasional game with a lull in the action.

But more importantly, that has nothing to do with player amount to map size. That has to do with player choice. Where they choose to land, where they decide to run, and how passive they choose to play.

The reality is that it's extremely common to have at least one team near you no matter where you land. You add more squads then it's just going to result in more crowded drops which results in more teams dying in the opening minutes which leads to lulls mid-game because teams died while the circle was still really big.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? What does that add?

I'm seeing alot of random feedback on stuff like player counts, drop rates and TTK all over the place. I just hope Respawn are ignoring this stuff in the early days.
Unless your dropping in a hot zone player encounters don't really happen until the final circle. Even slower paced games like PUBG have a higher encounter rate. Adding five more squads would make each game a little more action packed.

But no I guess the game is just perfect and there is no legitimate feedback to take. Respawn should just hire a bunch of yes men!

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
just to say it again, to anyone having crashes on PS4: turn off both "voice to text chat" and "usage sharing" in the settings menu

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone actually have the 20 kills in 1 match badge? That seems near impossible when playing with randoms.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I had a consistent group of buddies that would play Destiny and Fortnite together and we all kind of fell out of touch... this game brought us ALL back in parties on PSN and just having a blast. Have had plans the past two days and it made me miss the game even more.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Unless your dropping in a hot zone player encounters don't really happen until the final circle. Even slower paced games like PUBG have a higher encounter rate. Adding five more squads would make each game a little more action packed.

But no I guess the game is just perfect and there is no legitimate feedback to take. Respawn should just hire a bunch of yes men!

I don't think I've ever had a game where that's the case. Further still when people get the hang of mobility options and loot spots the map's going to start feeling even smaller.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I've never even played tlou SP and I have hella hours in the MP. It's great

why do you say that? There is a LOT of map compared to players. I'd imagine there is a ton of areas that get completely ignored and remain unlooted. I don't see how adding players would hurt

You don't want the map saturated with players — you want variety. It adds pacing to the matches.

Tho I wouldn't be surprised to see a mode where it's bumped up to 80 players — not by adding more squads, but by making squads 4 player. Would not affect map saturation as much because squads still mostly stick together.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think anyone is advocating for Respawn not to take feedback. But the game has been available for days and is still very much in the growth phase. I think Respawn should wait to see the data over time, and as an average of all matches. I'd prefer that much more than "hey Respawn, more players plz" without any real explanation.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs more than 60 people in a match
Nah matches can already feel pretty packed depending on where you drop. I have frequently been in a situation where we kill one team and then get killed by a team sneaking up. I think there's plenty of opportunities to hot drop if you aren't feeling like you get into enough fights.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never even played tlou SP and I have hella hours in the MP. It's great

Also technical limitations, do we want to turn this into another janky lagfest just to have the meaningless big number?
You can already decide if you want action packed game by landing to hotspot or a bit more relaxed by landing somewhere with less people.

It is almost too much already sometimes because when you fight 1 squad, by the time the fight ends there is 2 more squads to fight and more keeps coming.
Sometimes you can have those boring no action games if you focus on looting and have no one around sure.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Server performance is probably something else to think about when adding more players. I don't think they should from a gameplay perspective either anyway.

Unless your dropping in a hot zone player encounters don't really happen until the final circle.
This isn't true at all.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife

What? This is the complete opposite of my experience so far. Game is pretty action packed for as it is imho. I'm not saying adding a few more squads wouldn't work, but pacing seems really good to me at the moment.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

This is just not true. PUBG can be just as calm until the end. If anything I feel like Apex has more encounters.

Edit: my average kill count with wins is certainly higher in Apex

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
A core part of BR games is getting the gameplay loop into a good place: loot > move > engage

At the moment matches are finishing somewhere around 15 minutes, and a long drawn out match is only slightly longer. I'm no expert on other BR games, but that feels pretty quick.

And while I agree that the map is large, the current player count gives the drop phase some space. The quick movement, hills/slides and zip lines mean that you're never far from a fight, regardless of distance.

This so much this. I feel like right now it's a great balance

And my limited experience of pubg would disagree (20 hours) i found myself constantly having nothing to fight for long periods. I don't think it's ever happened to me in this

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wonder why I bother, because pinging an enemy while in a downed state seems to translate as 'approach from the same direction I'm at, and therefore the direction they are looking at'. I have better odds just letting people approach danger blindly - they're more cautious that way.

Nah, I think if you are down and just ping in the direction of an opponent in front of you, the ping automatically pings his direct body and not the 100% position you was looking at, try to test it, it feels like it does that.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? This is the complete opposite of my experience so far. Game is pretty action packed for as it is imho. I'm not saying adding a few more squads wouldn't work, but pacing seems really good to me at the moment.

And this is my whole argument. Your experience, my experience - appear to be vastly different than some others asking for more players, or shorter TTK, on more drops etc. I don't want Respawn listening to any of us on this. Let the data do the talking and avoid comparisons to other BR games.

I see no value in adding more squads at the moment. More importantly, I don't think anyone would be asking for more if it didn't say 60 players when matchmaking. It just seems like some people want more players arbitrarly, to get closer to the 100 player system that other games setup.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game needs more than 60 people in a match

If they add another area I'd be down. But.. that's the only way tbh. Or maybe if we increase the # of people in a squad count.

Right now there's been moments where I've gone into a zone and 2-3 squads have came also. Multiple times. Having more squads would just make that worse.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Won two games in a row. It always seems to be the games where I have to revive my teammates a lot near the start lol.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting weird a constant stuttering in this? Even in the character selection screen- the little bar can stutter a little as its moving down.

I dont think it was always like this?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I saw one my teammates charge and light the peacekeeper. Is there a different types of the shotgun?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I... like Caustic a lot. People love pushing, and the traps go down fast enough that you can retreat, drop em, and have the enemy charge right into them. The ult ain't half bad either.

Oct 25, 2017
I went from getting no wins at all, to getting three yesterday and then coming second twice alone with two very low level teammates.

I'm getting way better, and you're better off moving around and not sitting still. You'll only get better the more engagements you get into.

I'll definitely be picking up the battle pass when it drops.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Nah matches can already feel pretty packed depending on where you drop. I have frequently been in a situation where we kill one team and then get killed by a team sneaking up. I think there's plenty of opportunities to hot drop if you aren't feeling like you get into enough fights.

Second this. There's very few moments where I feel like my squad is safe and engagements tend to attract a lot of attention from surrounding teams. As big as the map is, it can feel very claustrophobic at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.