• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Seeing lots of people struggling with crashes on here. I assume most of you are on PS4 yeah? Luckily on Xbox I haven't experienced any crash yet. I know how frustrating it can't get

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
agh, I might finally need to invest in a mic. It's annoying when randos are talking to me and I can't answer quickly using chat. I have severe social anxiety even when talking to people online/in games so that's going to be tough.

On the upside, my average number of kills per game have gone from 0 to 1 now so that's something I guess.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Hemlock, Spitfire, Peacekeeper and Carbine continue to be the only guns I feel are worthy of using.

G7 Scout > All

It doesn't even need attachments to wreck people at all ranges. People are going to wake up to it and it's going to get nerfed. I will continue to enjoy it while I can.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just came #2 playing all solo. Tried to rush the last full squad with pistols, wasn't the best idea.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I am interesting in knowing why only TSAA is available in this game.

TSAA is hot garbage and makes everything look smudged. Game looks better with it off. Where's the SMAA option?
I'm seeing so many games decide to use it these days, it really makes me wonder why. Ought to ask someone at Digital Foundry for a reason. Could probably make a good video, if they know why.
MSAA doesn't play nice with deferred rendering — wouldn't be surprised to see other options later.

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja has been consistently streaming apex. I think this will hurt fortnite quite a bit.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a win my second time playing yesterday with six kills and got champion. Digging this game

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have any console players had issues with hearing player voice coms in-game? I haven't been able to hear anyone for almost 24 hours now, despite seeing their mic icons.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
How do you get champion squad? What are the requirements? Because I joined a game where the champion squad all with 0 kills..

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do you get champion squad? What are the requirements? Because I joined a game where the champion squad all with 0 kills..

Win your last game I guess, if there is many winners then I guess its random or there is some stat they look what was the "best" squad.
Once my squad got the champion squad when we were 2nd in our last match so I dunno if its some other stat it checks or there was no winners in that game so it took our 2nd best then.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I imagine that loot boxes will be among the free rewards when the battle pass launches. So it's likely that each season there will be a new batch of loot boxes to earn.

It is a little weird that the game has a hard limit on how many loot boxes you can earn for free though (even if my theory is true each season will still have a limited amount), but the game is completely free to play so Respawn doesn't have to make earning everything for free a possibility. This isn't like Overwatch where you pay for the game up front so Blizzard has to make earning everything a possibility by rewarding you with a lootbox every time you level up. Apex is a completely free game that you don't have to spend a penny on if you don't care about cosmetics.
Sure, the game being free makes this decision somewhat fine but they will need to offer free players something to earn (other than tokens) and work towards.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Champion Squad only has at least one winner, might not the same 3 people. The champion either got carried last game or they're all playing different heroes.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Champion Squad only has at least one winner, might not the same 3 people. The champion either got carried last game or they're all playing different heroes.
No, not even winners. It's just the highest rated person of everyone in the match.

I got champion after being part of a #2 squad, for instance.

Dec 3, 2018
Won my first match.

Started out with one of our team quitting, so the two of us that were left stayed close and managed to pick up some good gear, killed two people, including the kill leader and made it all the way to the last ring with two teams left.

We were underground in a cave and the other team were above us and the ring prevented us leaving the cave and the other team coming down. I was Gibraltar, so I called in an air strike directly on our position and chipped some health off the team above, but didn't kill anyone. The final ring closed and it came down to who could heal long enough to be the last alive. I died at this point, but luckily my teammate managed to heal long enough for the win.

A bit of a cheese ending, so lucky to get the ring in that place but satisfying regardless to get a win.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Doesn't need to have a winner in the squad. If they died as the 10th squad and lasted 10 minutes and everyone in the new match's last round did worse, they will be the champ, eventhough they didn't actually do all that great. Probably why so many "the champ's been eliminated" in the first couple of minutes. And as you say, the fact that stats are character apecific, they could have been a 20 kill winner with Wraith and switched to Bloodhound for a change and now appear as 0 kills.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I'm level 32 at the moment and getting put with level 1-5 is really annoying. I'm just constantly babysitting everyone. Very rarely have I been put with some on the same skill level as me.

Only level 12, but playing with level 3-8. You instantly notice when you are put on team where people ping and know what they are doing

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I play on both PC and PS4, I like playing on console solo, but on PC with my friends. Is there anything for account handling between platforms? I want to buy packs to support the devs but would also like to have my unlocks shared between platforms.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Win your last game I guess, if there is many winners then I guess its random or there is some stat they look what was the "best" squad.
Once my squad got the champion squad when we were 2nd in our last match so I dunno if its some other stat it checks or there was no winners in that game so it took our 2nd best then.
Well this is stupid. I won back to back games with all my squad doing great racking more than 20 kills in total and no champion squad for us yet a squad with 0-0-0 kills were the champions..

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
No, not even winners. It's just the highest rated person of everyone in the match.

I got champion after being part of a #2 squad, for instance.
Doesn't need to have a winner in the squad. If they died as the 10th squad and lasted 10 minutes and everyone in the new match's last round did worse, they will be the champ, eventhough they didn't actually do all that great. Probably why so many "the champ's been eliminated" in the first couple of minutes. And as you say, the fact that stats are character apecific, they could have been a 20 kill winner with Wraith and switched to Bloodhound for a change and now appear as 0 kills.

Oh thanks, I didn't know that. Thought there was always a new winner in every match.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well this is stupid. I won back to back games with all my squad doing great racking more than 20 kills in total and no champion squad for us yet a squad with 0-0-0 kills were the champions..

Your squad was not the best squad in that game then or however it count the "best".
I have won many times too but would not show as champion, there can be many winning squads in same game and only 1 can be champion.
Also the 0-0-0 doesnt matter since kills are attached to each legend.

Oct 26, 2017
I keep running into an issue that keeps displaying enemies near me in green text on their names, then when they attack me it changes to grey.
like, its confusing as shit.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
It's not "champion squad" it's "the champion, and their squad"

And as mentioned, banner kills are per character so doesn't mean they got champion without killing anyone.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Use the Wingman. It's declared as a Revolver but feels like a Shotgun. It always gives 45 damage and shoots fast, even on 200 meter distance it still gives over 40 damage and is like a f'n laser.
It's a must have.
Yeah, I've been using that a lot but it's a little tougher close range. Shotgun is prob better

Status
Not open for further replies.