• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played an insane round with a team with a guy who had ridiculous amount of kills. Had so much fun.

eCpJrW7.jpg

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else feel like some of the common skins are cooler than the purples? making bangalore's armor a single color looks much better to me than putting weird animated textures all over her, for example. although i think pathfinder looks cool with some of those animated ones

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I heard people trashing Caustic and i gotta say y'all dead wrong.

My boy is nasty, so many free revives and kills off greedy people running into traps its crazy, nobody ever expects em.

And his ult is the ultimate "fuck you buildings" there is, throwing it in then walking into the building like an exterminator bout to kill some roaches is the dirtiest thing ever.

Ive also used it to good success on people using the cheesy pathfinder mountain strats.

Obv his traps are harder to use on open fields but even there you can place in good enough positions to fuck up a push.

His only "weaknesses" is pushing but if youre a decent player you dont even need an ability to help you with that.

Aslong as youre not smoking youre own team the character is amazing.

Does Caustic's ult bypass walls?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really is incredible watching Shroud just roll the hell over anything that comes his way, casually wiping entire squads by himself in seconds.

Before this clip he was talking about when he play tested the game 8 months ago, Bangalore's ult 1-shot people and didnt drop the missiles before exploding which sounds crazy OP lol. He also said Wraiths Q ability lasted longer, she ran faster and she could see enemies during. Some pretty big changes made during playtesting.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This is the best BR imo.

Only thing that can top this is if Naughty Dog did a BR mode in TLoU2.

The MP is perfect for it. It would be the most intense MP ever made.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my first time playing a battle royale and, I dunno. I don't think this genre is for me. Everybody kills me too fast, I don't know where anything is. There's too many weapons and items. I don't know. I'll try again tomorrow.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
After playing more tonight I am a fan, never thought I would like a BR game but this is one I can get down with.
This was my first time playing a battle royale and, I dunno. I don't think this genre is for me. Everybody kills me too fast, I don't know where anything is. There's too many weapons and items. I don't know. I'll try again tomorrow.

I felt like this the first time I played it but I would give more time, I enjoy it but it still not sure if it will surpass the Last of Us MP for me.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's your first br it may be confusing. Justkeep playing/learning and you will get the hang of it. Or watch some videos

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing where items are, what they do, and when to engage with them is a core part of BR games. Apeleg throws in an extra wrench because of hero abilities, too.

It will take some time to get used to, unfortunately.
I just lvled to 22 but did not get a lootbox... is this normal?
Yeah, you don't get one every level.

IIRC about half of the total progression has loot boxes. Someone posted it a few days ago.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really is incredible watching Shroud just roll the hell over anything that comes his way, casually wiping entire squads by himself in seconds.

Before this clip he was talking about when he play tested the game 8 months ago, Bangalore's ult 1-shot people and didnt drop the missiles before exploding which sounds crazy OP lol. He also said Wraiths Q ability lasted longer, she ran faster and she could see enemies during. Some pretty big changes made during playtesting.

I was watching him a bit, its funny that he is BORED from winning so much.
I can not kill shit and that guy is talking about how everybody (meaning ppl like me) don't know how to use a mouse.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Two matches into Titanfall 2 - stopped playing for months and gotta practice somehow - and I'm seeing stuff like

R4mF4iD.jpg

and people with offensive nicknames all around.

Fml

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Apex gods smiled upon me. It was a 2v3 last circle's in a narrow mountain pass, one team coming from each end but we get to the center of the circle first and waiting right there for us was an untouched care package with my first ever Mastiff (on Apex). Ten seconds later the teams meet and their Gibraltar was so nice to pop a shield for me so I can easily go in there and destroy everyone with that beastly thing. GG I adore this game.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

leezy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

So is it safe to assume that people who use this strictly voice chat through discord? I'm new to this

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I carried my team to top 2. I had one team mate who refused to stick together so the other person and I would move with him.

They were decent live bait but it was 3v1 at the end.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not getting any legend tokens

Do I have to watch until the whole match is over to collect ?

Is it for certain levels as a reward
I'm lost

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Does Caustic's ult bypass walls?

I have no clue, you throw it like a granade so i just throw where people are at.

Just won back to back!

This time as Bloodhound in a 2 squad cuz one of the randos left the game out of the blue like halfway into the game.

It was 2v3v1 in the end i used my ult and chased a solo wraith for like half a year running at mach speed till i eventually killed.

Then my squadmate got jumped by the three man (she was far behind me since i was so fast and went so far) but she managed to not get knocked until i got there which let me wipe the 3man squad while they were still rattled.

Ended with 9 kills and 1388 damage done.

God this game is so fun!

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I'm encountering this really weird bug on Xbox that causes everyone to be more accurate than me.
Yes Respawn please fix. Real talk though, sometimes I'm 100% sure that my aim is aligned to the enemy with bullet drop in mind yet no hit. I know there isn't hit scans and that's one of the big reasons I'm loving this game. Hit scans are bollocks

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think this game is going to generate all that much money without better costumes and character models. I think they look fine for the most part but also kinda boring and even unpolished compared to Fortnite/Overwatch. It's a little hard to get excited to grind towards or look forward to buying skins that are hardly any different or dont make the characters more interesting.

I hope with this momentum they really look into getting more artists on board because it's my favorite playing BR so far, but also pretty bland looking to me. At least Pubg has sorta realism so I'm not exactly thinking about how dull everything is and more focused on the tension. With the Hero angle they're clearly trading on people liking these characters all lot like Overwatch so I would have hoped for some flashier, cooler, or sexier skins.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
teammate just randomly fired off their gun gave away my position so we get owned

losing like that...
im depressed

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to play, but between technical issues and constant disconnects, it's been a horrible experience.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think this game is going to generate all that much money without better costumes and character models. .

I agree right now because the prices are crazy, but it'll generate plenty of money the instant they offer the Battle Passes if they are 10$. Doesn't matter if the stuff the Battle Passes add don't look THAT great, getting exclusive stuff will get a lot of people to buy in esp if it's adding some grind on top.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a lot more games where one random decides to break off during the jump, land two zones away from the team, and then have the gall to ping their recovery box when they die alone.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do we need to wait to pick out character? Just let it be first come first serve like in games like Overwatch.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
So you can get like, 45 loot boxes for free and then it's time to open your wallet if you want any skins? Jeez..

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got 4 wins today. My preferred load out if you ask me. Its peacekeeper and flatline/g7 scout . Getting several kills now in each game. Today was a good day :)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Can't lie. Kind of obsessing over the game now. I was named kill leader in a match earlier. Reminds me of The Running Man.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do we need to wait to pick out character? Just let it be first come first serve like in games like Overwatch.
I agree, or just let me pick my preferred character before the queue and then just group me with others that dont have my character

Theres honestly a lot that can be reduced to save time in this game. a lot of stuff looks cool and is technically very short in duration but it starts to add up in a game like this where you might spend a bunch of time queuing and then dying and then going back to the menu over and over again

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

Frothy did a lot of the great tutorial videos for Titanfall. He's got some up for some of the heroes already.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I've probably played at least 20 rounds, 0 kills. Last game one guy spent the whole time bitching how he got matched with two players with 0 kills. I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.