• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded. My first ever BR game...I never did bother to try the others, but eh guess I'll try this one.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Tons of people are crashing on PC too, me included.
Its really getting annoying when game have over 50% chance of crashing in match.
I have tried pretty much everything but nothing fixes it.
I know how frustrating it gets. There was a bug in Blackout on the X that crashest your game when you reach the final circle

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The versatility of some of the Ultimate modes is great. I love using Gibraltar's to force a close range duel.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Shroud at 100K viewers right now, his career is going to have an interesting year

9I7oix1.png

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Are we sure this game has no skilled matchmaking right now? I'm playing with a very good team right now and the final squads were just crazy, I didn't had such a try hard round in all my previous 28 hours. Sniper hundred meters away, hit you every time, confrontations where everything connected, like a completely different game this round.

We won, but holy f'n shit was that insane.

You do know eventually more and more will get really skilled at the game and new strategies will be formed. It's not even been a week.

I highly doubt they have a hidden matchmaking in just casual queue. If they come out with some ranked mode then possibly.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a fully upgraded Triple Take and I was downing fools like crazy. Vaporized a squad in the span of a minute and they never even got a shot on me.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
After a bunch of top threes today, I finally got a win. Five revives! They kept feeding me accelerants like that pic though.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Had a game where me and my teammate got sandwiched between 5(!!) squads. We tried our best. I got 7 kills and he got 4, I did 1500 damage and him 800. We still got killed at the end and placed 7th. I don't know why so many squads were around us so early in the game lol, we weren't in a hot zone. Just bad luck.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.
Thanks! I'll give this a try! I definitely need more peeps to play with :D

This game is wrecking havoc on my anxiety but its so damn good, lol

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Man I'm trying to play with my 2 sons who are in my living room and 1 of us always gets disconnected. Any ideas to fix it? Whoever gets disconnected cant even queue up solo.

Edit: now after 1 switched to Division 2 beta only 1 of us can play Apex lol. Division 2 it is I guess. Ugh.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I really like this game, but I hate that I suck at playing with gamepad. 8 kills in 20+ games. I wish I had a better PC...

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Just played for my first time, great game and control feels very snappy, I like it.

The ping system is just so good and is definitely the highlight of the game. I never like talking to stranger over the internet and this is a great solution. So much better than forced voice chat on other team based game like *ahem* Overwatch. Imagine if you can ping flanking Reaper or Tracer on solo queue, or mark entry route by double clicking, IMO this will solve half the toxicity problem....

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still none got fix for crashes on pc?
This game is lucky its so good, no way I would keep playing any other game if I crashed every 2nd match.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Just played for my first time, great game and control feels very snappy, I like it.

The ping system is just so good and is definitely the highlight of the game. I never like talking to stranger over the internet and this is a great solution. So much better than forced voice chat on other team based game like *ahem* Overwatch. Imagine if you can ping flanking Reaper or Tracer on solo queue, or mark entry route by double clicking, IMO this will solve half the toxicity problem....

It's kinda funny because I think when Overwatch came out way back in 2016, the simple commo rose and context sensitive voice lines were one of the things that really made it appealing and impressive to me. It took the basic quick pings from games like Lol/DotA and applied them to a team shooter, it felt pretty novel but obviously now it's quite limited. Apex really feels like it's the next big step in this department

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a match there was a cave in the last ring, my squad hid in it, and the entrances both became shut off by the ring, the last remaining squad presumably being above us. In the end the ring disappeared completely and we had to tank it out with a lifeline drone and our medkits, somehow made the win with one man standing.

I'm assuming the other squad was hella confused and didn't realize they had to use their medkits to endure as long as possible.
The final circle trapped me in a cave... Enemy team above me.

Wait... what are the chances?

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips I can pass along to my squad? I play Bloodhound, and one person always plays Lifeline. We really struggle in the endgame, but we usually tear through other teams in the beginning.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
8 kill game ends with a screen freeze

Getting too many of these. Is this a common bug? It was my best game yet and I was kill leader

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny because I think when Overwatch came out way back in 2016, the simple commo rose and context sensitive voice lines were one of the things that really made it appealing and impressive to me. It took the basic quick pings from games like Lol/DotA and applied them to a team shooter, it felt pretty novel but obviously now it's quite limited. Apex really feels like it's the next big step in this department

I really want a way to say Hello and Youre Welcome

It bothers me when people thank me and I cant respond

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I heard people trashing Caustic and i gotta say y'all dead wrong.

My boy is nasty, so many free revives and kills off greedy people running into traps its crazy, nobody ever expects em.

And his ult is the ultimate "fuck you buildings" there is, throwing it in then walking into the building like an exterminator bout to kill some roaches is the dirtiest thing ever.

Ive also used it to good success on people using the cheesy pathfinder mountain strats.

Obv his traps are harder to use on open fields but even there you can place in good enough positions to fuck up a push.

His only "weaknesses" is pushing but if youre a decent player you dont even need an ability to help you with that.

Aslong as youre not smoking youre own team the character is amazing.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

My boy is nasty, so many free revives and kills off greedy people running into traps its crazy, nobody ever expects em.

And his ult is the ultimate "fuck you buildings" there is, throwing it in then walking into the building like an exterminator bout to kill some roaches is the dirtiest thing ever.

Ive also used it to good success on people using the cheesy pathfinder mountain strats.

Obv his traps are harder to use on open fields but even there you can place in good enough positions to fuck up a push.

His only "weaknesses" is pushing but if youre a decent player you dont even need an ability to help you with that.

Caustic's weaknesses are being outdoors and pubs.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I really want a way to say Hello and Youre Welcome

It bothers me when people thank me and I cant respond

yeah, there are a few things I'd like to see. Hello, automatic character "you're welcome" lines, some sort of "leave it/let them fight" suggestion, etc

from my experience so far caustic REALLY shines at the very beginning and very end of rounds. his traps can make a big difference when people are running around without much gear and give you some room after a hot drop, and both the traps and the ult are a great nuisance when the circle is getting really tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.