• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm really loving this game.

Main thing I've learnt though, if a player decides he wants to be a lone wolf and doesn't engage with you while the other player does (following orders and what not), just let the lone wolf go and die on their own. Too many times I've fucked the good player over by trying to save the lone wolf.

It's painful watching a good teamate give a last stand cus you tried to keep everyone alive.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, there really needs to be like some kind of player rating system or penalty for ignoring your team and going off alone too far.

Nothing can tank the fun of a match more then getting on a team where one guy just up and splits off and goes lone wolf clear across from where the rest of your team is even if you ping him, like that's putting the whole team at a 2 vs 3 disadvantage and going solo you usually aren't gonna do shit if you walk into a 3 vs 1.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
All 3 of Bangalore's abilities are useful as well, what do you mean

What I mean is that she seems like a jack of all trades while everyone else has some situational abilities that can also be countered.
Bangalore has a smoke that also affects teammates/her own vision, she can still be shot while sprinting, and her airstrike can do friendly fire (if I am wrong about this, please correct me).
Being able to go invisible or put down a teleport to quickly get your teammates out of a bad spot seems more useful more often than the other abilities IMO. MAYBE they should introduce a way to destroy one of her portals and if her or a teammate tries to use it they get knocked down or something ala the translocators from Unreal Tournament or a hero with the ability to see and attack her while she (and any future heroes that can go invisible) tries to go invisible.

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a match there was a cave in the last ring, my squad hid in it, and the entrances both became shut off by the ring, the last remaining squad presumably being above us. In the end the ring disappeared completely and we had to tank it out with a lifeline drone and our medkits, somehow made the win with one man standing.

I'm assuming the other squad was hella confused and didn't realize they had to use their medkits to endure as long as possible.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Just had a match there was a cave in the last ring, my squad hid in it, and the entrances both became shut off by the ring, the last remaining squad presumably being above us. In the end the ring disappeared completely and we had to tank it out with a lifeline drone and our medkits, somehow made the win with one man standing.

I'm assuming the other squad was hella confused and didn't realize they had to use their medkits to endure as long as possible.

Had similar situations in PUBG. One team is on the bottom of a mountain while the other team is at the top and every path is outside the zone. Players on top can't jump down since that will kill them and bottom team can't climb up.
Only way to win is to either have grenades and start chucking them or out-heal the other team.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played my first 3 matches. 1 kill. Felt clueless and useless. I did the training first. Gonna keep playing a bit till I get used to everything and hoping it clicks.

Question...is there a scoped weapon in the game? The snipers I used in training had no scope.
And any advice on which weapons to use short and long range? Is there maybe a good video about this? Would be much appreciated.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
2800 damage 15 kill victory, holy shit, I went insane

wWLsmpi.png

Jan 4, 2018
Played my first 3 matches. 1 kill. Felt clueless and useless. I did the training first. Gonna keep playing a bit till I get used to everything and hoping it clicks.

Question...is there a scoped weapon in the game? The snipers I used in training had no scope.
And any advice on which weapons to use short and long range? Is there maybe a good video about this? Would be much appreciated.

Scopes are an attachment that you find separately from weapons, like extended mags and stocks. At short range I recommend the Peacekeeper and R-99 SMG. At long range I recommend the G7 Scout.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are we sure this game has no skilled matchmaking right now? I'm playing with a very good team right now and the final squads were just crazy, I didn't had such a try hard round in all my previous 28 hours. Sniper hundred meters away, hit you every time, confrontations where everything connected, like a completely different game this round.

We won, but holy f'n shit was that insane.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I have crashed 3 in the last 6 games I've tried to play

ready for this to not be the case anymore!

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
There are a lot of dialogues that the character talking to himself when your teammates left and you remain as a solo player. Not quote unquote but Mirage says something like "the ring's coming fast and I'm talking to myself". As found by data miners solo playlist is a thing and I believe it'll also have some unique features.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of dialogues that the character talking to himself when your teammates left and you remain as a solo player. Not quote unquote but Mirage says something like "the ring's coming fast and I'm talking to myself". As found by data miners solo playlist is a thing and I believe it'll also have some unique features.

I actually heard that mirage quote ingame, they can say those quotes when they're the last member alive.

But yeah, I'm sure they have different modes in the works.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm ready for ranked matchmaking and a solo mode so the idiots who want to play solo don't screw up my matches.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Managed 3 wins in a row for the first time and got a new kill record of 15. Really loving this game at the moment, even with the connection and crashing issues on PS4.
R-301 with purple extended mags is deadly at mid-close range.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on PS4 pro, should have mentioned that.
I'm on PS4 pro, no crashes yet and I've played quite a decent amount over the last few days. You might want to delete and re download or something.
Yeah, not his ultimate being that
Yeah he definitely excels in smaller areas, especially in the last circle. Had one kill me in a building and there was nothing I could do.
Got placed before in a team with just another random (our third disconnected at the start of the game) and we managed to survive until the final circle... and we won! What a game, the final fight was a 2v3 situation and we managed to pull it off, my heart almost jumped out of my chest lol Gibraltar's ulti + Spitfire annihilated them
That's a great feeling, sometimes having only 2 people makes me want to disconnect but a friend and I pulled out a win yesterday after our third disconnected at the start so it's worth trying!
Caustic is a godsend in the final stretch to flush teams out of their strongholds. Just won a game with a good Caustic as a wingman.
Yup I got bodied by a Caustic in the last circle, definitely really effective end game.
Does it seem like Wraith has the most going on compared to the other legends, maybe a bit too much? You get told when someone is aiming at you, you have an ability that lets you avoid damage and go partially invisible, and you get the ability to place down portals you and your teammates can travel between when in a pinch.
All three seem extremely useful pretty much all the time while the others have maybe one ability that is useful most of the time.
Personally I don't think so, just moreso that her abilities are geared towards her rather than the team. I think Gibraltar is kitted just as well with his built in shield, bubble shield, and mortar strike. Also, Wraith's portals can be used against her - anyone can use them not just her team members.
Man, there really needs to be like some kind of player rating system or penalty for ignoring your team and going off alone too far.

Nothing can tank the fun of a match more then getting on a team where one guy just up and splits off and goes lone wolf clear across from where the rest of your team is even if you ping him, like that's putting the whole team at a 2 vs 3 disadvantage and going solo you usually aren't gonna do shit if you walk into a 3 vs 1.
That would be nice. I at the very least wish I could avoid the players that clearly don't want to help, it's really annoying when you save someone and they won't even grab your banner when they're safe.

Scopes are picked up as an attachment, they're fairly plentiful in most cases. Don't be afraid to use iron sights if you have to though.

Close range the Peacekeeper is really strong, and the EVA-8 auto shotgun is decent. The Devotion LMG is really powerful but eats energy ammo quickly which seems hardest to find, the spitfire is solid too and uses heavy ammo which is easier to find.

Long range the G7 scout is the more common find and is great, the Longbow seems a lot less common to find but is more powerful.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
The randoms I played with were better on average today, though I still want a solo mode of some sort. Carrying teams all the time gets old.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
An odd problem I have with this game, is identifying which players are down, and which players are reviving them.

Quite often, there's a group of players crawling around, and one guy among them getting the revive.

In that split second moment, I need to determine which one is reviving, and which ones are down.

It's difficult. They just look like a lump of huddled over people. I need to hit the right one, because the guns in this game only kill one player per magazine, and yet I often find myself finding the wrong target, or hitting parts of one, and and part of the correct target.

Anyone else have the same issue? I wish the downed players were more distinct.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Really not a fan of super passive teammates. Hiding isn't going to get you that W. Sure, you might make it to the endgame, but you're going to be out geared.

But I is Lifeline. Feed me Accelerants and we should be good to go. Also I prefer fighting from a distance and calling out enemy movements so that enemy abilities (especially Wraith's) are nullified is fun.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
An odd problem I have with this game, is identifying which players are down, and which players are reviving them.

Quite often, there's a group of players crawling around, and one guy among them getting the revive.

In that split second moment, I need to determine which one is reviving, and which ones are down.

It's difficult. They just look like a lump of huddled over people. I need to hit the right one, because the guns in this game only kill one player per magazine, and yet I often find myself finding the wrong target, or hitting parts of one, and and part of the correct target.

Anyone else have the same issue? I wish the downed players were more distinct.
I can tell them apart clearly but sometimes during heated moments I don't wanna waste my time thinking about it so I just nade there and carry on

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Reinstalling Titanfall 2 so I can get back my aim by having fun instead of watching loading screens lol

I wish I could be more into BRs too - I love the game, but I've ignored FPSs for about a year and can't compete

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
The only other BR games I've played have been Fortnite and Black Ops, and in comparison to those two games, Apex seems to have a lot more action and less downtime. I love it, since one of my main gripes about BR games is how boring they become when people simply camp out.

Status
Not open for further replies.