• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I see even when you get disconnected you still keep all the kills and other things that go towards stats in the match up to the point you disconnected. I'm thankful for that.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

I've been playing this a ton the last few days and it's great. Hoping to team up with some people from here so I don't need to roll the dice every time I queue!

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Getting 1200 crafting materials for a single skin is kinda ridiculous. Played a ton this week and i still have only 165.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Day started out bad but in the end some beautiful randoms and me won thrice.
btw: Apex is a serious GOTY-contender for me.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Legendary Knockdown Shield allows you to do this, but I've never had a situation where I've had one and had enough time to actually revive myself. Pretty worthless.

I've done it, but it involved getting hit and range and then a shield put around me while they took care of business

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is free.

People like cool looking stuff. They are helping fund continue support. Whats not to like?

It should give you full hp or something, cause I was able to use it but then died immediately after with a single melee

I think it would be more interesting if you actually could self rez yourself (perhaps with an item) but it takes a long time and gives you like no health. Can't use knockdown shield while rezzing either.

That way it incentives finishers and killing downed enemies quick.

Then the gold knockdown shield should let you res quicker, while using the shield, and giving you full health no armor.

I'm also entertaining the idea of using finishers to KILL KILL you. Meaning if you get finish'd your spawn banner is toast. Because as it stands I rarely see anyone use them.

Kicking doors down feels so great.

Heh, I once kicked down a door where 2 enemies were at. Spun up the devotion behind Gibralters Shield. They were toast.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Holy shit this game is crashing left and right on ps4. I hope people don't think I'm leaving the match.

Hey, do you have "voice to text" turned on? I just realized that I have not heard a single person talk in the last 2 days, I think the voice to text is causing the game to crash on ps4. I will turn it off tonight make sure.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
I probably should have saved that 10.5k for the next legend, but I wanted the upgrade. Plus the G7 is a fun weapon, I use it a lot.

BD.png

Sick skin right there.

Question: Can we only use our Red Currency on new Legends and the 2 featured weapon skins? Or am I missing something?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just dropped on a place that had 7 teams in the same place....7 and it wasn't even a high tier loot area and was no where near the supply ship.Ive never experienced so many players in one random place like that. Not even tilted in fortnite gets that busy.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I find it's maybe a bit too slow for close range, feels better at mid-range for me.
I've been disconnected three times in a row now, everything is just stuttering, even the character animations at the main menu.
I see even when you get disconnected you still keep all the kills and other things that go towards stats in the match up to the point you disconnected. I'm thankful for that.

Yeah, same for me. Extreme stuttering and disconnects after the matches.

At least I got my first win today. But I got carried hard. I had 2 kills with about 500 damage and 14 minutes alive, the other mate 1 kill with about 300 damage and 13 minutes alive and the guy who carried us had 9 kills with 1200 damage and 20 minutes alive, lol.

I think I'll stick with the PS4 over the XBox. The Dualshock feels much better to play with than the XBox controller.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sick skin right there.

Question: Can we only use our Red Currency on new Legends and the 2 featured weapon skins? Or am I missing something?

Legends you can use tokens (in game) or coins (real money). Legendaries you craft, however, they rotate being featured which you can use coins to buy them and the exclusives have to be tokens.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I don't think there is anything more heroic than running outside of the ring to recover your squad's tags. I felt such a badass doing it.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I love the combination of Gibraltar's active and ultimate. It's fun to pull out a shotgun and dare your enemies to seek shelter from the pain rain under your umbrella.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'd really like if they added full-on wall-scaling so you can run up straight up an entire wall or surface.
My friend had a situation yesterday where he was wedged between two rocks and couldn't fully scale up the sides of the rock and was essentially stuck.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Also, Mirage seems to be my lucky charm, every game but two I've played with him today I've either won or been in the top 3.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting these Ws and I dunno how many specifically. I need a better stat tracker , Respawn

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Fuck, this game is so addicting. Just had a match where my teammates were killed, I wiped out the whole enemy team, revived one teammate and respawned the other one. Unfortunately the game ended after our next encounter but it was so damn good to hear my teammates say things like "damn, this guy is good" and "well, we got the man..."

Now I'm going to buy the founders pack.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Requests:
* Update to Ping system so I can say "Hi", "Thank You", and "Good Bye" on command
* Dancing

/end of list

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the performance tips for this game on PC? I'm playing on a 1080ti/8700k at 1440p/144hz and I just can't get it to feel smooth

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the performance tips for this game on PC? I'm playing on a 1080ti/8700k at 1440p/144hz and I just can't get it to feel smooth

I had to reduce the texture streaming budget from 6GB (My 980ti VRAM) to 4GB and it was great. Try going a setting lower than the default.

Everything else maxed for me

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, same for me. Extreme stuttering and disconnects after the matches.

At least I got my first win today. But I got carried hard. I had 2 kills with about 500 damage and 14 minutes alive, the other mate 1 kill with about 300 damage and 13 minutes alive and the guy who carried us had 9 kills with 1200 damage and 20 minutes alive, lol.

I think I'll stick with the PS4 over the XBox. The Dualshock feels much better to play with than the XBox controller.
It seems better now. The stuttering seems to have stopped and I managed to play a whole match.
I've been able to recover tags, but I always try and fail with revives.

(The above video might be a slight dramatization).
Haha. I just love that everyone is running away from the closing ring while you are running towards it. I never leave my team behind.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Yes to 1. For dancing, I only want that post match. I think finishers are a great "fuck you you're dead" risk-reward substitute
Someone tried to pull this off when two of my squad makes were still alive. He was about to finish the animation when my squad member killed him with a shotgun and his body went flying.

Good times.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to squad up on PS4 right now? I'm down to play a few matches. My PSN name is JackScofield. I don't have a mic but I definitely use the Ping system. 👍

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Someone tried to pull this off when two of my squad makes were still alive. He was about to finish the animation when my squad member killed him with a shotgun and his body went flying.

Good times.
I accidently did a finisher while trying to loot some armor off a body real quick. Animation is so damn long, his teammate arrived and murdered me... It was brutal.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I was on last night when ps4 crashed and now my badges and levels stats are back to zero. My money and unlocks are still there though. I called support but he wasnt sure why. This sucks
I'd see that as a good thing, honestly. Lootboxes slow down after level 20 (once every 2 levels), and then slow down even more dramatically after level 50 (once every 5 levels). You only receive 45 total by the time you hit the 100 level cap, and then you can't get anymore. For now, anyway.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There´s a learning curve for sure, but if you want to get into the genre this is the game to play.

At least right now it is by far the easiest to win out of those I played. (Fortnite, Blackout, PUBG, Apex)

Yeah I've gotten 4 wins so far and two of those was with randoms. Great game and it gets better the more you play it. The map has tons of nooks and crannys to find loot.

jkanownik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there is anything more heroic than running outside of the ring to recover your squad's tags. I felt such a badass doing it.

I respawned a teammate inside a small ring with the final 3 squads. I risked imminent death to do that. I made it back to cover but got dropped by a bombardment before I could heal. Unfortunately he was a rando and didn't revive me.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Yes to 1. For dancing, I only want that post match. I think finishers are a great "fuck you you're dead" risk-reward substitute

I spend so much time hunkered down at a location waiting for enemy squads, so it'd be nice to mess around with emotes.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The map is too small. I'm starting hate it. Dropping in and having 4 teams scramble for loot is a pain in the ass when it happens 5 games in a row. It doesn't seem to matter where I drop.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I accidently did a finisher while trying to loot some armor off a body real quick. Animation is so damn long, his teammate arrived and murdered me... It was brutal.

I've pulled off 5 and I love it when successful. This is still my fave witht he whole clip (but timed on the finisher)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

I'm just running everything low until Nvidia does a driver update. I actually had to rollback my driver, it seemed to fix the hung error I kept getting. Hopefully Nvidia puts out a new driver soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.