• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Legendary Knockdown Shield allows you to do this, but I've never had a situation where I've had one and had enough time to actually revive myself. Pretty worthless.
I used it once as I feel from a drop ship. It left me stuck in the air as I did the animation and then I feel to the ground after.

It could probably be good with Mirage's passive if its a big fight and you are able to actually escape.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The only thing that the game needs is a way to revive yourself after being knocked down.

Too often my team gets clipped and we all bleed out because there's no way to recover despite having a ton of healing items on me.
You can get a legendary item that allows you to do this, but I've only managed to get it twice in all the games I've played so far.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed with the Mozambique impressions because that was my 2nd favorite gun in Titanfall 2, 2nd to the glorious Alternator.

It was also one of my favorite guns but it's beyond garbage here. I wonder if it was a late stage nerf or something because it's so bad that it almost doesn't make sense. A full on headshot where all three pellets hit is only 66 damage, so even if you land all three shots as full headshots you wouldn't even down someone with purple armor. And you're most likely not getting that full amount anyway.

If I have a mozambique on my person at all it is a cry for help. Which is a also a bummer because I have a cool skin for it.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WE WERE DOWN TO LIKE A SUPER TINY RING AT THE THUNDERDOME AND ME AND ONE OTHER DUDE IN THE SQUAD WERE IN THAT BIG BOX HANGING AT THE TOP OF THE ARENA

THEN THE ENEMY SQUAD WAS ON THE LOW GROUND AND THE CIRCLE HAD GOTTEN SO SMALL THAT WE HAD TO JUMP

AND WHILE I WAS JUMPING I JUST SPAM DROPPED ALL OF MY TOXIC MINES INTO THE CIRCLE
AND ONE OF THE ENEMIES DOWNED ME BUT MY TEAMMATE JUMPED LATER THAN ME SO THE ENEMIES WERE BOTH FOCUSED ON ME. AND THEIR LIFELINE WAS TRYING TO EXECUTE ME BUT THEN MY FUCKING TOXIC CANISTERS EXPLODED AND STOPPED THE ANIMATION BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE

AND MY BLOODHOUND HAD BETTER ARMOR THAN THEM SO HE WAS ABLE TO KILL THEIR WRAITH FROM INSIDE THE WALL AS HE JUMPED DOWN FROM BEHIND HER RIGHT WHEN HE LANDED

AND LIFELINE COULDNT SEE TO RETALIATE BECAUSE OF THE TOXIC MINES AND THE WALL JUST FUCKING MELTS HER

I WAS CRAWLING ON THE GROUND WATCHING THIS SHIT I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, I WAS CERTAIN WE WERE ABOUT TO LOSE AND THEN "CHAMPION" COMES UP ROFLLLL THEY HAVE TO BE FUCKING PISSED

Now who can argue with that

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Legendary Knockdown Shield allows you to do this, but I've never had a situation where I've had one and had enough time to actually revive myself. Pretty worthless.
Yeah, I got one today and was most of the way back up when they finished my squadmate and then came back to finish me off.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got my first disconnect. Pretty annoying as my team and I just got a lot of good loot and there were only around 6 squads left.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have to stop playing this game so late because I haven't been sleeping well at all. Haven't been this into a multiplayer game in a long time. Despite some issues I have with the TTK, armour shield numbers and/or weapon damage numbers, lack of recoil and lack of Titanfall 2's Pilot movement, it's probably the best BR game I've played. It's also the easiest BR game I've played because I don't normally get 5+ wins per session in PUBG or Fortnite.
Dy27VmaWsAEjPAL.jpg
Dy27VmVXcAAGiEi.jpg
Dy27VmYXcAI1yjX.jpg

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone else not getting kills they should? Like I'll down someone, do a finisher even, and then at the end of the match it says I have 0 kills, like wtf?

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Got my first win after about 5 games. Surprised how well made it is for a F2P title. Probably my go-to BR game now since I couldn't really get into the other big 3.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah boyy, second win of the night. Clearly they start coming when you finally get that first one lol.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I was soooo hyped, I love Titanfall to death, but squad only? Is there really no option to play solo? I want to explore at my own pace, not follow randoms.
I played one match, we won, uninstalled until solo play is enabled.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
At least it would be better than dragging yourself around for 10min before you finally die.

Give some sort of ability to save yourself, sheeh.

I think the game is pretty generous with survivability already. There are enough ways to stave off death without just being able to pick yourself up.

If you get downed because you lost an engagement you should probably consider everything else as a plus. Getting downed is a failstate.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ok now the game is crashing every 5 minutes (PS4) wow. I think I'll just stop for now. Only going to get worse over the weekend.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I think the game is pretty generous with survivability already. There are enough ways to stave off death without just being able to pick yourself up.

If you get downed because you lost an engagement you should probably consider everything else as a plus. Getting downed is a failstate.

Nah if I'm down for an extended amount of time, it's no longer enjoyable. Just give me the option to kill myself at least.

I realize that can be abusable by idiots, but I'd rather die and get into a new game than flail around for an eternity hopeless to do anything until I finally die.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
OH HOLY SHIT I won and the game crashed on PS4. But as soon as I logged back in It awarded me everything! Sick af!!!!

Dude I was calling them out as Bloodhound like a pro. I found the last team in the house hiding OMG I just snapped into some sort military tactician "THREE HOSTILES IN THE HOUSE 1 UPSTAIRS TWO DOWNSTAIRS" I KICKED THE DOOR OPEN AND WE FUCKING MURKED ON EM.

sorry I still have adrenaline running through me.

Nice! I live for these kinds of battle stories haha

SpiderBelmont

Oct 25, 2017
I was on last night when ps4 crashed and now my badges and levels stats are back to zero. My money and unlocks are still there though. I called support but he wasnt sure why. This sucks

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've been sleeping on the Wingman for some reason, just took down someone with it from long range, pretty good accuracy, going to start using it more.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is the first time I have ever seen developers tweet about a server interruption and the responses are almost all something along the lines of "it's okay!" and "Thanks for being good developers!"

Apex Legends - Turning Gamers Decent (for probably like an hour but still)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I've been sleeping on the Wingman for some reason, just took down someone with it from long range, pretty good accuracy, going to start using it more.
I've yet to get a shot off with it. I either crash when I get one, or I'm too scared to use it because typically pistols = garbage compared to everything else. I know data wise that isn't the case, but for some reason I can't bring myself to engage with it over my primary weapon.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to stop playing this game so late because I haven't been sleeping well at all. Haven't been this into a multiplayer game in a long time. Despite some issues I have with the TTK, armour shield numbers and/or weapon damage numbers, lack of recoil and lack of Titanfall 2's Pilot movement, it's probably the best BR game I've played. It's also the easiest BR game I've played because I don't normally get 5+ wins per session in PUBG or Fortnite.
Dy27VmaWsAEjPAL.jpg
Dy27VmVXcAAGiEi.jpg
Dy27VmYXcAI1yjX.jpg

Where do you trigger the stats?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed with the Mozambique impressions because that was my 2nd favorite gun in Titanfall 2, 2nd to the glorious Alternator.
The only thing the Mozambique needs is a larger capacity magazine. 3 shots isn't enough to kill anything. I guess it makes a good "finisher weapon". But it is a shame it cannot stand on its own.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I probably should have saved that 10.5k for the next legend, but I wanted the upgrade. Plus the G7 is a fun weapon, I use it a lot.

BD.png

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've yet to get a shot off with it. I either crash when I get one, or I'm too scared to use it because typically pistols = garbage compared to everything else. I know data wise that isn't the case, but for some reason I can't bring myself to engage with it over my primary weapon.
I find it's maybe a bit too slow for close range, feels better at mid-range for me.
The game runs like ass today. I wonder hoe high the concurrent player numbers are.
I've been disconnected three times in a row now, everything is just stuttering, even the character animations at the main menu.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

I thought this at first but I've already sunk 20 or so hours in and I can personally see myself being hooked for a long time. I could see someone buying a skin for a gun they like to use the most. I haven't bought skins but I did buy a founders pack to show support and used the coins on more Apex Packs.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Anything and everything that says Shadows. Also Volumetric Lighting and Ambient Occlusion.

Make sure Texture Streaming Budget is within your GPU's VRAM, maybe go 1 setting lower than what you have.

Use the Adaptive Resolution FPS Target function (probably set at 60 for most people) if turning all shadows off still doesn't get you where you want.

I haven't checked via FRAPS, but I feel like I'm getting a stutter-free, solid 144 fps with most shadow options, volumetric lighting, and ambient occlusion on lower settings or disabled. Everything else at High. Game still looks decent enough, too. This is at 1080p with an old i7 3770 and 980 Ti. Well optimized game as it should be as a FTP Fortnite killer.

The weapon skins in this game are some of the worst I've seen. Typical CoD type skins for teens. Super gaudy, neon, hideous things. Hero skins are slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.