• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Just wondering - are you talking to them? Did you say you are planning on reviving?

They saw me taking out the enemy squad and picking up their banners. They only left (at the same time) after I was on my way to respawn them.

It was so weird. If you don't want to be revived then just leave asap.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I wish some teammates would stop picking fights with enemies from long range when we could just keep scouting for better equipment and finding a good spot to defend or hide out while other squads fight. Just let them fight, people, as a wish man once said.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the IGN review in progress hate? Did you read it? The reviewer was super positive about the game.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wish some teammates would stop picking fights with enemies from long range when we could just keep scouting for better equipment and finding a good spot to defend or hide out while other squads fight. Just let them fight, people, as a wish man once said.

EXACTLY! Thats the problem I have had today. I have had 3 games where my teammates are trying to use Assault Rifles to out snipe a sniper and then they die. If the enemy has superior positioning or superior firepower then just run. Live to fight another day.

Its infuriating.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Wraith is the most OP character

She is picked in every single one of my games

Her phase need to not last so long. Its too strong atm

Kazooie5659

Nov 6, 2017
Edmonton
I wonder if this will make it to the next gen consoles. Just had the thought, that this would be a delightful launch title to have had on the next gen consoles, show off their power running it nicely at native 4K, 60fps. If so, would your stuff transfer over? I don't see any reason why not, especially with how people feel about cross-play right now, but just a thought that I had.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty amazing that they managed to make all of the legends feel unique and useful. It really does feel like you could pick any of them, have a good time and not be at a disadvantage.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Ign's review in progress claiming this game does nothing new...Looks like someone didn't play the game before reviewing it again.
This is a strange criticism to me. The game is largely defined by what it does differently than the other games in the genre. I Literally haven't booted up PUBG or Fortnite after a single game of each, but have been addicted to this specifically because of:
- the pinging (allowing me to be useful even if I am not a great shot, allowing me to better arm my teammates, allowing me to be able to play without a mic late at night);
- character's personalities/traits (allowing me to do things when I'm not a great shot, and meaning that each character in the squad-based gameplay is actually relevant/strategic);
- the specific way the respawns work has had me often be a team savior in a point in other games where I'd feel completely useless. Multiple 2 teammate respawns before wins...rarely got much damage in, but felt key to the team.

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
This game seems fun and very well polished, but I just don't think I can play it.

I've tried about 8 matches now and I die every time I come across anyone. I'm hitting them as is evident of the hit numbers popping up, but they just keep absorbing damage and I die after just a few hits.

BoldPrompt

Oct 27, 2017
I have now won with each legend so far, and I am thoroughly enjoying this game. There are some problems with newer players that I hope get ironed out as time goes on, but for now, I only have 2 issues with Apex Legends, one I find to be major, the other not so much.

1. The major one is the loot, or rather, the tiers of loot at a given location on the map. Even though loot is randomized, the tiers of loot seems to be the same for locations on the map. Most of the time I immediately suggest to the jump-master (or if I'm jump-master) to land at the 3 R's of the map: Relay, Repulsor, Runoff. I like these locations personally because they are on the edges of the map, but I also know these spots will always have high tier loot. With the exception of hot zones, I don't see why I would try to land at any of the mid tier loot locations on the map. It's the one aspect of each match that feels passive and lacking in excitement compared to everything else that can occur in a given match.

2. My minor quibble; is Caustic's gas so powerful it hurts robots? Pathfinder should be the only legend safe from gas.

Aside from that, I'm really liking Apex Legends.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
This game seems fun and very well polished, but I just don't think I can play it.

I've tried about 8 matches now and I die every time I come across anyone. I'm hitting them as is evident of the hit numbers popping up, but they just keep absorbing damage and I die after just a few hits.
You need to make sure you're grabbing armour and helmets, then looking for better versions of both as you go. Also making sure to recharge shields and health after taking damage.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017

In addition to making sure you have proper protection, think about why you die. Are you being to aggressive? Are the enemies getting the drop on you? You should think about your positioning, anything that will improve the odds of you winning, and if you are under fire don't immediately engage. Take a step back and chill wait for them to make their move.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. This being on Origin kind of kills it for me before even giving it a chance. Literally the only account I've ever had that has gotten hacked. (received an email about a sign in followed immediately by one in Russian... lol) I recovered the account and then promptly uninstalled the launcher. (only has one of the Battlefield games on there that I barely touched)

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I did this the other day on the second to last enemy team, except we had the high ground and the last circle at our backs so they had to go through us, and I was afraid that I wouldn't get to use my Mastiff, so I turned on my Bloodhound ult, jumped down and killed them all, and my team decided to follow me, and then we all died to the circle and the other team won without firing a shot.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I did this the other day on the second to last enemy team, except we had the high ground and the last circle at our backs so they had to go through us, and I was afraid that I wouldn't get to use my Mastiff, so I turned on my Bloodhound ult, jumped down and killed them all, and my team decided to follow me, and then we all died to the circle and the other team won without firing a shot.
I find myself acting pretty ballsy when I pop my Bloodhound ult too, I've just gotta run in with a shotgun.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I feel like every team should have Gibraltar, his drop shield is one of the most useful abilities in the game. Saying that, I've still not played as him, only Legend I've not played as besides Caustic since he's still locked for me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a strange criticism to me. The game is largely defined by what it does differently than the other games in the genre. I Literally haven't booted up PUBG or Fortnite after a single game of each, but have been addicted to this specifically because of:
- the pinging (allowing me to be useful even if I am not a great shot, allowing me to better arm my teammates, allowing me to be able to play without a mic late at night);
- character's personalities/traits (allowing me to do things when I'm not a great shot, and meaning that each character in the squad-based gameplay is actually relevant/strategic);
- the specific way the respawns work has had me often be a team savior in a point in other games where I'd feel completely useless. Multiple 2 teammate respawns before wins...rarely got much damage in, but felt key to the team.
Exactly. And in addition to this, theres the bounty system/kill leader and the banners that go up when someone becomes the new kill leader. Like those are incredible innovations to the genre in addition to what you mentioned. To say that it does nothing new is like saying RE2 only has one campaign and the other is the same exact thing. Oh wait, they did that too.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got put into a 2 person squad. We dropped hot, I couldn't find a weapon and my teammate got knocked down. I meleed the other person and knocked them down, picked my teammate back up then their squad member came. They knocked my partner back down and knocked them out to need to be respawned, but I killed him as he was the last member of the squad and... My teammate dc'd ha.

Got one more kill alone and managed to stumble on a care drop with a gold helmet and the digital threat scope. Then I got triple teamed. Fun game overall!

I think that speaks to why I'm enjoying the game more than anything. It feels so good that even when the deck is stacked against you, everything still feels like you have a chance. Maybe not to win, but use your abilities to at least get one more kill.

2. My minor quibble; is Caustic's gas so powerful it hurts robots? Pathfinder should be the only legend safe from gas.

It's corrosive to metal too, clearly!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
any ETA on the first patch? Not like this game desperately needs it just asking.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I'm level 8 now and I've managed to get 1 kill in total.... this game is so frustrating at the moment lmao

I'm sure I'll get better but my opponents always seem to have an upper hand.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still learning and trying to get my FPS stable but I played my first 5 games a couple of days ago. They went like this:

Game 1: Killed before I could find a gun
Game 2: Killed before I could find a gun
Game 3: Squad member goes AFK at start of the match and for the duration of the match. He was jumpmaster so might have been an AFK farmer.
Game 4: Get some decent equipment but team members not staying together or communicating. Several of my first kills here. Finish 5th.
Game 5: I'm starting to get the hang of things now. I clutch a team fight toward the end and down 3 with both of my other squad members down. I recover a banner and head to the spawn mechanism where I unexpectedly run into someone solo who looks to also be heading for the spawn. A fight ensues but I am already weakened (should have healed before heading for the spawner) and he takes me down. He was the kill leader.... finished 3rd.

I still struggle at times getting guns and ammo before the fights start breaking out. I think it's because I get a lot of jump masters that take too long to pick a spot.

Anyway, just starting. Played FPS PC games pretty much my entire life but this is the first BR game I actually attempted to play because the others were not appealing to me at all.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Third win. First as Mirage. I think he's one of my favorite character. My three go to characters are probably Mirage, Bloodhound, and Gibraltar so I'm good if anyone ever takes characters I normally use. All my wins have been with me without a mic. The ping system is amazing and so is text to chat (Sony PS5 need to allow all earphones/headphones to use their mics).

My last win I decided to drop my full kitted Peacekeeper for the Mastiff and I'm glad I did. It wrecked the last 2 teams in the final circle.

I'm not quite sure what qualifies some one as champion of a new game. Can someone explain?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the first patch allows you to see universal account stats. Because right now there is no way to see that lol.

To see my total wins I have to go through each legend individually and count.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. This being on Origin kind of kills it for me before even giving it a chance. Literally the only account I've ever had that has gotten hacked. (received an email about a sign in followed immediately by one in Russian... lol) I recovered the account and then promptly uninstalled the launcher. (only has one of the Battlefield games on there that I barely touched)

Yeah, that reminds me. This was a pain to set up again and then I had to disable like 10 flags to keep EA from stealing and sharing all my private data. I fucking hate Origin.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I'm level 8 now and I've managed to get 1 kill in total.... this game is so frustrating at the moment lmao

I'm sure I'll get better but my opponents always seem to have an upper hand.
I think I got my first kill around level 8 or 9. Im at level 20 now with close to 40 kills. Its not a bad idea to just drop into some hot zones right off the bat and get used to the frantic action in those areas. It helps get a feel for the action.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game up the first time (PC) and ti says I need to play training first, but when I click on "Play" it says "Party not ready". What to do?
I was getting this a few times last night when playing Solo, only fix I could see was to straight exit to desktop and relaunch the game.

I also kept getting a bunch of "Party Leader has left the Party" notifications or whatever, when I wasn't in a party.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I know that some of you will find some excuses, but: I'm noticing that those will high kill counts, like the Champion Team with a combined number of 500 kills is obviously going to perform much better because they have a much higher playtime. I was able to get 34 kills since monday... That's a huge difference.

I can't wait for some kind of skill based matchmaking like a Ranked mode.

I'm sure there will be some Champions with nearly a thousand kills after the weekend and those players will dominate the others.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Nooooooo! I just had a game where I started with finding a yellow backpack and two decent weapons. Then both my teammates died and I miracolusly managed to kill the squad that kiæled them. Then 2 other players appeared which I also managed to kill, and that made me kill leader.
I ran all the way up a hill to revive my teammates and when I put them in the machine the game made some crazy freeze where I lost the image and it would flicker like crazy.

Next game it froze again. This is starting to remind me og BF3 on PS3 with all these freezes.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious how fast some people just land and try to engage without getting ANYTHING good ready for a full fight. I swear some of these players would like the option to start chucking sniper stocks and scopes if it let them.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the accessibility of this. Hitting space twice after the squad gets wiped to go back to the lobby and start again makes those throwaway loot-starved games much more tolerable.

As I get to know the map more, those should drop off.

The Wingman kinda feels like a Deagle from CS so I'm going to gravitate toward that thing.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
It's hilarious how fast some people just land and try to engage without getting ANYTHING good ready for a full fight. I swear some of these players would like the option to start chucking sniper stocks and scopes if it let them.
Pssh, its all fun and games till my squad rolls up and punches whichever player is the most separtated. We've bunched out whole squads even with guns! Just gotta have a plan and trust in the power of friendship and jumpkicks.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I know that some of you will find some excuses, but: I'm noticing that those will high kill counts, like the Champion Team with a combined number of 500 kills is obviously going to perform much better because they have a much higher playtime. I was able to get 34 kills since monday... That's a huge difference.

I can't wait for some kind of skill based matchmaking like a Ranked mode.

I'm sure there will be some Champions with nearly a thousand kills after the weekend and those players will dominate the others.
Yeah, there needs to be ranked and/or transparent matchmaking implemented soon. The TTK in this game makes it much, much easier for extremely skilled players to dominate. You're much less susceptible to... pretty much everything in this game, which gives good players more than enough time to recover and laser you down.

I've watched Viss PUBG for a long time, solo, with Doc, with other TSM players, and he/they are already more dominant in Apex than I've ever seen anyone in PUBG. Shroud might as well be playing against infants. That clearly delineated skill gap is a good thing in a lot of ways, especially competitively, but having no skill grouping implemented makes a huge amount of games absolutely hopeless for a lot of the playerbase.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to play with friends. It's definitely fun but also we are absolute trash. Despite that we've made it to 3rd or 2nd place like 4 times. Each time we get offed by people who clearly have way more time invested in it. Hopping into a match to see like the champion is 10 kills vs a match where the champ is a guy with like 400 kills is wild though. Those people genuinely dominate.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bought $20 of Apex Coins on the high of my first win and got that Angel City Pacer skin. I don't care that it makes me stand out like a red beach ball, I've got that swag :D

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
For those landing and dying without loot, look at the map and see if you can find a place on the map called Relay. Land there and have fun enjoying the game.

Had my first win today, did not really feel that exciting, but I think that's due to the frequency I had wins in Fortnite these last few months. The adraneline rush I felt when I first ended in the top 5 a year ago has disappeared almost completely. The game is fun though once you get used to its mechanics and flow.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
This game is great but boy, so many crashes and disconnects (4 out of 5 games for me).

We were the last two squads alive, we had them under constant fire, rounded up - then my game just crashed and that's it. Not gonna touch this game again until these issues are resolved. This is more frustrating than fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.