• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017
Of course both of my teammates leave immediately after I risk my life to pick up their banners...
Playing the rest of the match solo was certainly an intense and rewarding experience; made it to top 4 and died in a crazy 2v1 showdown in Thunderdrome. I'm not sure if I would want that experience every game, but it has definitely made me consider the advantages of a solo mode.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Been playing all week on my PS4 with no issues myself. Aside from the random disconnect after matches, but it always lets me back in?
No issues here. A lot of people have been playing on PS4.
Good to know. Google searches say it's an ea problem they're working on but it only effects some users. It can happen on any platform but might only effect one platform for one user.

I can still play on pc and that's where my friends are too, but I kinda just wanted a little easier competition with the console version.

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to check my stats? I want to know my k/d, dmg/game etc? Want something to grind towards.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Apex Legends |OT2| Fartnite

top_that_arrested_development.gif

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Curious, to make sure G-Sync works with this game, how should I be setting my VSync settings?
Turn ON Vsync in "Manage 3d settings" of the nvidia control panel (it recognizes the gsync monitor and will know what to do, don't worry), use rivatuner statistics server to limit your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate minus 3 (if 144hz limit at 141fps, if 165hz limit at 162fps) this removes input lag. Ingame turn Vsync off. Enjoy gsync gaming bliss.

Can't wait to support this game with the battlepass, I hope it comes with fun challenges and stuff.

"They're aiming right at you."
"You're not safe here."

Anyone else find this hype as fuck when you start hearing her coach you through a firefight?! She sounds so cool. I wonder who the voices are?
Do the voices reply when she's all alone and says stuff like "the circle is coming in 60 seconds let's go!" That would be cool. I know that Mirage (the only character I've been playing for now to take advantage of people still falling easy for decoys) makes fun of himself everytime he's giving circle info out loud when there's noone else alive.

Alex Navarro has sold me that this game should be referred to as Ape Leg
please no

I legit dropped Rockpapershotgun because they tried to force plunkbat into a thing and still do to this day

Just unlocked Mirage and damn, this guy is a lot of fun.
Stop unlocking him people!! I don't want people to start knowinbt easily when it's a decoy.

The one thing I wish they would do is allow you to queue up for a game with the character you want to play and match you based on that instead of the randomizing it.
Oh that would be cool option if the population gets massive! Just put up a warning that the matchmaking might be slower.

Sucks, that kept happening to me yesterday, except I did not get 7 kills, only 3 or 4, but still did much better than my random squads. BUT that's just how it is, not everyone can be great at the game and it's not really their fault, they're just trying to have some fun same as everyone else, be chill about it and be prepared to have to carry or have a less than ideal time if you don't queue with reliable friends.

Oct 25, 2017
Love the game, hope there's going to be 4 player squads added a bit later thought. As it stands now we have 1 friend who is left out when we hop on. Have they said anything about this? I imagine the game is finely tuned for 3 and probably wont happen for a while, if at all.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017

Can't wait to watch this. I was quite shocked going from PC to base PS4 as I didn't think the game looked good enough to run that bad. It was better on the ground until some shit started happening. Curious to see the numbers.

It really opened my eyes as to just how old these consoles are now. They can still produce some good looking exclusives but damn.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Still very new to the game, my only complaint so far is that it feels "clunky" to handle my character and look/move around in-game on the PS4 controller. What I mean is, it doesn't feel smooth to turn side to side on the controller, especially when I'm running, compared to COD/Fortnite.

What are y'all controller settings on the PS4? What's the best sensitivity for someone who usually opts for the "medium" sensitivity in games like COD/Fortnite? I watch people play the game on twitch and they usually can turn their character's POV in a dime, it takes a while for me to do something like that :/

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to party up with a friend right now but it keeps saying the party leader has quit. He told me that it says the party leader needs to update or something. Hopefully it gets all patched up soon.
I'm just trying to play solo with randoms and I can't because it says that the party is not ready but there is nooooo party. :'(

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Oh wow you got screwed with those teammates.
Damn, and you even did great. BR is always a mixture of everything including luck, and it's hard to do much with bad teammates. I never had 7 kills in a match and yet I have 5 wins with randoms already. But all those matches I had good teammates, as in either better than me or if not at least somewhat coordinated.
Sucks, that kept happening to me yesterday, except I did not get 7 kills, only 3 or 4, but still did much better than my random squads. BUT that's just how it is, not everyone can be great at the game and it's not really their fault, they're just trying to have some fun same as everyone else, be chill about it and be prepared to have to carry or have a less than ideal time if you don't queue with reliable friends.
Not exaggerating this is the the 15th if not 20th time I finish 2nd

Fakto

Oct 26, 2017
I would love to play with some ERA teammates .... is anyone up to it ? I couln't find any Hangout thread.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not satisifed with the state of the skins. Imo the yellow skins should be the baseline of changes to expect from a skin, not a simple color swap.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I disagree about the weapons. I've won two matches with just using the basic semi-auto pistol. Good usage of the grenades and a steady hand aiming for headshots rocks.

The only weapon I've not used past the first round is the auto shotgun, that's one weapon I don't like the feel of.

I can't say much about the armor though from the receiving end. I always make sure to keep it full, so I don't know how it feels to be without it in fights.

I don't think an entire standard magazine of headshots would down a person if the numbers are correct for the pistol. The Wingman only takes half a magazine to down. It's a bit unbalanced. It feels like a majority of the guns in this game can't kill someone if you hit with an entire magazine. Even Shroud in that video had to reload every time he got a down while pretty much only getting headshots. I think there's room to tweak the guns and player health.

Felt the exact same way for the first 2 days of playing Apex. I was constantly comparing it to Blackout - which is a game I adore.

I don't know if it's as easy now....Apex is sinking it's teeth into me more and more - especially after getting the hang of the looting and healing systems and winning 3 matches.

There's things I genuinely wish Blackout had in it that Apex has. Namely the knockdown shield, respawn mechanic and color coded death stashes. I think Blackout feels more polished and in general a more tactical game since they made the TTK so fast in the recent update. Apex is more forgiving.

One thing about Blackout is that you could tell what armor people were wearing before engaging which let you get a good assessment of the enemy. So if you saw a squad fully kitted out with level 3, you're tossing those concussions first but if they didn't have that you could just open fire. Can you tell what shield someone has before shooting? I know the number indicates that but that's after you deal damage right?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We were a two person squad for half the game. I'd move up and see my teammate right behind me, watching the other side. I had a good feeling about this game.

He ended up finishing the last person with a kick to the face as Mirage, and we won! First BR win ever. It was very sneaky and tactical since we were down a body.

I love this game, and I couldn't get into BR until now. Way to fucking go Respawn! I love y'all.

Edit: For a BR title, it definitely brings new things to the table. Obviously.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not satisifed with the state of the skins. Imo the yellow skins should be the baseline of changes to expect from a skin, not a simple color swap.

They seem to have followed super closely to Overwatch's model which was basically pallet swaps for everything except legendaries, and the legendaries having two color variants.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh please show me where I was stressing about being stuck with newbies? I was showing my frustration about finishing 2nd every game. Read my previous posts before assuming what this post even means lol

Yeah just once mate
lol dude you're posting screenshots of people doing poorly. they're doing poorly because they're new to the game. maybe new to BRs entirely. The game is 4.5 days old. Sit the fuck back and relax.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
lol dude you're posting screenshots of people doing poorly. they're doing poorly because they're new to the game. maybe new to BRs entirely. The game is 4.5 days old. Sit the fuck back and relax.
What the fuck are you saying? I was posting MY STATS and NEVER pointed out my teammates. If you wanna sound more stupid please keep replying lol

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
What makes that IGN quote in the tweet even funnier is that the actual review text calls the ping system "innovative".

So I guess the tweet is click bait?

It's actually a decent length and detailed review, though I'd say there's still more new stuff in the game than just the ping system.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
also am i crazy or is there no way to change ADS to toggle when using mouse & keyboard? I saw an option to change it under controller settings but it didn't change anything for my mouse settings

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
FIRST CHICKEN DINNER!

*And* I was the Team Kill Leader, and I unlocked the Flawless Victory 1 and 2 badges. Feels gooooood :)

Status
Not open for further replies.