• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to support the game and bought a starter pack plus a small amount of in-game money. This game is so good

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Tickrate doesnt tell anything alone, you should not care about the number.
Im sure battlenonsense makes video about it soon.

I realize it's not the end all be all, but having played many Source engine games it's been a fairly known constant. Ignoring interpolation/extrapolation issues (assuming a good connection), quick and dirty summary:

30 Hz and under - Bullet hits feel noticeably delayed. Shooting doesn't feel good.
60 Hz - Bullet hits feel near instant, however there is a bit of inconsistency in terms of registering hits
120 Hz - Flawless

It doesn't matter how good your engine's interp/exterp is, 20-30 Hz will never feel very good regardless of your connection quality. The delay for bullet registry is noticeable. As you get closer to 60 the delay starts to become less perceptible.

I'm not quite sure how the math works out when you combine input lag from the engine, network latency, and tick rate, but out of experience it's clear that tick rate has a noticeable impact on how good a game feels online. I've never played a shooter with a low tick rate that felt good.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yo I did something so sick in this one game holy shit.

I was low on ammo in my spitfire but this Bloodhound ran up on me, I cranked his ass with a melee and riddled him with the rest of my ammo.

I was panicking. Panicking because in my mind I know his teammates were right around the corner. They always are. Here they come! Wraith runs up on me. I have no ammo. Only a grenade. She sprays with her sub machine gun but misses like 50% of her shots. What luck. But I know if she reloads, she won't miss again. So I take off running. But as I make me way through a doorway, I throw my grenade forward so that it bounces off the wall, over my head, and lands back behind me!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT WORKED BECAUSE SHE WAS CHASING ME!! it blew up behind me and I got the kill.

Fuck you wraith! I was so hype. But then I died to some..... Dude shortly after. My story ends so anticlimactic lmaooo.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Mirage is the one I am the most interested in out of the 2 locked classes. He seems like alot of fun and I love the personality they gave him.

Also the Michael Jackson Finisher is probably one of the best things I have ever seen lol
Yeah, he's pretty funny. The voice actor sounds familair too.

Also, damn came 2nd place in my second match as him, so close. I can see why this guy is locked. He is OP.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
It's under the selection wheel...lol.

You select an item you want and tap RB for 'need shields' or 'need heals'

Haha figured the one place I didn't think of while playing!

I think some crowd control heros would be good. Someone who can blanket the ground in ice causing slowdown to movement would be great. Would prevent enemy charges and give a boost to the grapple ability as a counter to it. I really look forward to see what they have planned.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game up the first time (PC) and ti says I need to play training first, but when I click on "Play" it says "Party not ready". What to do?

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
Random questions I have as I struggle in this game.
Is it better to sprint and slide everywhere? Is sliding faster?
Also, anyone mess around with the FOV settings on console?
For shotguns is it better to aim for the head or body?

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing to think that this time last week we had a thread swinging into action where all people did was proclaim how abysmal this game would be.

Now their servers are starting to struggle with sheer volume of people, what a difference a week makes.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Just unlocked Mirage and damn, this guy is a lot of fun.
Ha! you got Bamboozled.....
I keep having trouble raising my damage numbers. Even when my team wins I am always the lowest damage dealer. I think its because I am being too careful. I am afraid to put myself out there and properly engage the enemies. I mostly hang back and play it safe. Which is good in some situations, but in others I feel like my hesitation is costing my team. I think its because I am too used to playing R6 Siege and playing as a Sniper in BFV. Both of which require me to pick my shots and play it safe. So its carved into the inside of my skull to be overly cautious.

I have no idea how to overcome this though.
i played most other BRs like this because people camp or in fornites case they just build and build (i hate building). But with this game i just push every single gunshot i hear and average around 9 kills a game, i suggest you do that. I love this games gunplay and movement that i dont even care if i die. Oh and also use Mirage.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
other shooters and look what playstyle these games encourage, I think for a lot of people the barrier that keeps them from getting better at BRs is that they play them like any other shooter.
Thank you for this advice. This is something I had to discover about Battlefield as well, as someone who played very fast-paced arena shooters and CoD before. It really needs time to adjust the playstyle, and sometimes it is even hard to put into words on how exactly and what exactly needs to be different.

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
ENTROPY IS THE NATURAL ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE.

I SIMPLY CATALYZE THE PROCESS.

caustic has quotables for days.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Random questions I have as I struggle in this game.
Is it better to sprint and slide everywhere? Is sliding faster?
Also, anyone mess around with the FOV settings on console?
For shotguns is it better to aim for the head or body?
sliding is in general a bit faster than sprinting but you can't keep spamming it on level surfaces as your character will start sliding less and less. sliding down slopes is incredibly fast. unequipping your weapons (hold the weapon switch button) makes you move faster. i'd recommend pumping up the FOV to full on console, it gives you much better visibility.

as for your last question it depends on how good your aim is haha, i'm not great at this game so far so any shot on someone in a frantic fight is good enough

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Z7HeRxU.png

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
The one thing I wish they would do is allow you to queue up for a game with the character you want to play and match you based on that instead of the randomizing it.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Is squad matchmaking based on some rating? I'm lvl17 and most of the time i'm matched with lvl 2-3 in my team.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The one thing I wish they would do is allow you to queue up for a game with the character you want to play and match you based on that instead of the randomizing it.

It does uses the char you chose but if another one picked him already then you have to choose someone else, logically. I don't see the problem here.

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
sliding is in general a bit faster than sprinting but you can't keep spamming it on level surfaces as your character will start sliding less and less. sliding down slopes is incredibly fast. unequipping your weapons (hold the weapon switch button) makes you move faster. i'd recommend pumping up the FOV to full on console, it gives you much better visibility.

as for your last question it depends on how good your aim is haha, i'm not great at this game so far so any shot on someone in a frantic fight is good enough
Thank you so much! I was noticing people sliding and now I know why. I will try to incorporate it more especially when escaping. Also, didn't know about sliding down slopes. Will be useful for sure.

Couple more questions:
1) Whats the ideal guns to hold? One close range and one long range?
2) Are the frag nades the best grenades in the game? I usually don't have space to hold multiple different types of nades and want to know which are preferred over the others.
3) For the shield guy do you aim for the head when facing him?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Has anyone ever played a game on the PS4 yet? Every single time I've tried it wouldn't sign me in except once which only held up through the tutorial.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
It does uses the char you chose but if another one picked him already then you have to choose someone else, logically. I don't see the problem here.

Huh?

My point was to lock out the ability to pick the character that I queue as and match me with people who have other characters chosen. It doesn't need to get rid of the ability to change your mind, but just lock out the characters we initially chose (unless they change of course)

However it's not a huge issue just a minor gripe with randoms, but as more characters get added it will be less of an issue.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, and you even did great. BR is always a mixture of everything including luck, and it's hard to do much with bad teammates. I never had 7 kills in a match and yet I have 5 wins with randoms already. But all those matches I had good teammates, as in either better than me or if not at least somewhat coordinated.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Caustic is such a goddamn dork loooool
They made the straight white guy have a toxic name and made him a sociopath dingus WITH FART BOMBS

Status
Not open for further replies.