• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a level up reward list? I'm 22 now but got no loot box, is this the area where you don't get them every level anymore?
There are a total of 45 lootboxes up to level 100, only legends tokens after that, don't like this system, there is no way to get cosmetics without spending money.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a level up reward list? I'm 22 now but got no loot box, is this the area where you don't get them every level anymore?
When you hit lv20 you only get a box every other level.
Buddy said that some people on the subreddit aren't getting anymore boxes at lv50 or something though.

There are a total of 45 lootboxes up to level 100, only legends tokens after that, don't like this system, there is no way to get cosmetics without spending money.
Ouch.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you? Im in South Africa playing on EU servers with like 160+ ping and its extremely playable

I use the London server and it says 60-70 ping but in the actual game is extreme lag spikes, freezes constantly for seconds at a time. Every other game works fine, just this one. Weird thing is after 10-15 mins (if i can stay alive long enough) the lag goes completely so idk what the deal is

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
The kill count thing is weird on matches . My kill count in total is 10 or more but I game it says I have 2 .

Then I see others with 200+ kills . They must play it every night

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the tip. I checked again and my kills are indeed tied to the character I got them with.
Playing on the PC, I get quite a lot of disconnects, mostly at the end of the match when I return to the lobby.

The problem with finding useful loot needs to be addressed quick. Getting killed while running around barehanded is not fun.

Finding loot is not a problem in this game, you might get a bit unlucky once in a lifetime that it takes 20sec longer to find gun.
You either are dropping in middle of desert with no loot or you are missing something. You know you can open those big containers that have loot right?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
The kill count thing is weird on matches . My kill count in total is 10 or more but I game it says I have 2 .

Then I see others with 200+ kills . They must play it every night
The kill counter on your little card pre-match shows actual kills with that specific character.

If you down somebody and you kill them - you get the kill.
If you down somebody and a teammate kills them - you get the kill.
If kill a teammate's down - you get an assist.
If you kill an opponent's down - you get the kill.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This game is pretty fun and fresh but I liked the TTK and weapons in blackout better at this point. I'd say about 75% of the guns in the game aren't even worth picking up, even in the early game, while in Blackout I won a game with just the semi-auto pistol (strife) because it actually does damage comparative to the enemy health. The elements surrounding the gun game are really good though. The UI, inventory management, pings, dialogue, and all that are super cool. Like armor in blackout, I don't know if I even care to have shields/armor in these games, just makes the fights a chore. I know they probably won't change something that substantial though.

Felt the exact same way for the first 2 days of playing Apex. I was constantly comparing it to Blackout - which is a game I adore.

I don't know if it's as easy now....Apex is sinking it's teeth into me more and more - especially after getting the hang of the looting and healing systems and winning 3 matches.

There's things I genuinely wish Blackout had in it that Apex has. Namely the knockdown shield, respawn mechanic and color coded death stashes. I think Blackout feels more polished and in general a more tactical game since they made the TTK so fast in the recent update. Apex is more forgiving.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Other than 'Don't engage' I'd really love 'Wait up' and 'Splitting off' (I'm not sure 'Going here' communicates that) options in the Commo Rose.

Those are the only things the current system is having me struggle to communicate. You know you're playing something great when you come away with nitpicky things like that.

Nov 18, 2017
Felt the exact same way for the first 2 days of playing Apex. I was constantly comparing it to Blackout - which is a game I adore.

I don't know if it's as easy now....Apex is sinking it's teeth into me more and more - especially after getting the hang of the looting and healing systems and winning 3 matches.

There's things I genuinely wish Blackout had in it that Apex has. Namely the knockdown shield, respawn mechanic and color coded death stashes. I think Blackout feels more polished and in general a more tactical game since they made the TTK so fast in the recent update. Apex is more forgiving.

I think this puts Blackout to shame, and shows it up for the janky, cumbersome experience it really is.

I mean, Treyarch did ok. They put out a working BR game with COD gameplay. But it was barebones.

Apex Legends:

1. Looks better
2. Is free
3. Features better character movement and gunplay.
4. Better character loadouts/abilities.
5. A ton of social QoL improvements that highlight how underdeveloped Blackout was.

Blackout is done as far as I'm concerned. The new king has arrived.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah Antitrop is right. Game needs more ammo around. Every other match I feel like it's a problem and don't have enough.

But man, this game is great.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Antitrop is right. Game needs more ammo around. Every other match I feel like it's a problem and don't have enough.

But man, this game is great.
Are you playing solo or with a squad? It was a bit painful for me when my friend was still getting the hang of things, I didn't want to start asking him for ammo and whatnot whilst he was still trying to figure out what each ammo color meant, but now ammo isn't an issue.

Usually sitting at 160+ heavy ammo before the first round even ends.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I keep having trouble raising my damage numbers. Even when my team wins I am always the lowest damage dealer. I think its because I am being too careful. I am afraid to put myself out there and properly engage the enemies. I mostly hang back and play it safe. Which is good in some situations, but in others I feel like my hesitation is costing my team. I think its because I am too used to playing R6 Siege and playing as a Sniper in BFV. Both of which require me to pick my shots and play it safe. So its carved into the inside of my skull to be overly cautious.

I have no idea how to overcome this though.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep having trouble raising my damage numbers. Even when my team wins I am always the lowest damage dealer. I think its because I am being too careful. I am afraid to put myself out there and properly engage the enemies. I mostly hang back and play it safe. Which is good in some situations, but in others I feel like my hesitation is costing my team. I think its because I am too used to playing R6 Siege and playing as a Sniper in BFV. Both of which require me to pick my shots and play it safe. So its carved into the inside of my skull to be overly cautious.

Use Shotguns more.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Do the opposite, go there even when it always doesnt seem like the best idea.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Look at teammate's kills and level in the loading screen and set your expectations accordingly.

If they have less than 10 kills or less than 10 levels, they have no idea what they're doing yet. Expect failure and if you're the jumpmaster, try to get them someplace where other players won't be because they'll get shit on if they drop in a populated spot.

I guess you`re right.

Oct 28, 2017
So go full Leeroy on people? lol

Get a Peacekeeper and go crazy. Let your pals engage and flank the enemy. Peacekeeper does 110 damage if you land every shot. You should also get into using frag grenades. They can do incredible damage if placed properly. I had a game where I was on a rooftop in the river area, looked over the edge and 3 people were hugging between a rock and the house. Flung one down and turned them all into mince.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Are you playing solo or with a squad? It was a bit painful for me when my friend was still getting the hang of things, I didn't want to start asking him for ammo and whatnot whilst he was still trying to figure out what each ammo color meant, but now ammo isn't an issue.

Usually sitting at 160+ heavy ammo before the first round even ends.
Is there solos? Heh didn't even know that. Been playing squads. I guess the key is I need to communicate with my teammates more and ask for ammo. It's usually only a problem in the beginning of matches. First ten mins or so. If I survive long enough it's not a problem.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Nice, first match as Mirage and we win, was a great match. I got killed at the start then respawned, then my other two teammates got killed and then managed to respawned them, then right at the last circle two of us went down and our last guy won it for us.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nice, first match as Mirage and we win, was a great match. I got killed at the start then respawned, then my other two teammates got killed and then managed to respawned them, then right at the last circle two of us went down and our last guy won it for us.

Mirage is the one I am the most interested in out of the 2 locked classes. He seems like alot of fun and I love the personality they gave him.

Also the Michael Jackson Finisher is probably one of the best things I have ever seen lol

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
No fall damage is so great in this game , being able to just launch off any high point to ambush someone is incredibly satisfying .

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Is there solos? Heh didn't even know that. Been playing squads. I guess the key is I need to communicate with my teammates more and ask for ammo. It's usually only a problem in the beginning of matches. First ten mins or so. If I survive long enough it's not a problem.
Sorry, by solo I mean just matchmaking with 2 randos.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That´s exactly my second win from today. After that my Apple Watch told me that my daily workout was complete...

Oct 28, 2017
After tweaking the settings (particularly the ADS aim speed), the game is a lot more fun to play. I've been mostly playing Caustic, but I feel like my team and I spend too much time running through wide open spaces for his abilities to be useful at all.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The ping system is great, teammates who don't use it for shit are useless and not so great.

The system is only great when it is being used...

The randoms that use it are the best... Sometimes you get lucky without it but it helps for looting. Had a random discard purple armor for a gold and didn't alert anyone, why?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on the tick rate? Haven't played enough or had enough encounters to really get a feel for it yet. I want to say it feels like it's around 60 Hz, or maybe a bit lower. It feels a hell of a lot better than Blackout.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any word on the tick rate? Haven't played enough or had enough encounters to really get a feel for it yet. I want to say it feels like it's around 60 Hz, or maybe a bit lower. It feels a hell of a lot better than Blackout.

Tickrate doesnt tell anything alone, you should not care about the number.
Im sure battlenonsense makes video about it soon.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Some people are still using the ping system all wrong.

The ones that ping guns and crates before taking themselves annoy the hell out of me.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Really need a ping for need health or need shield rechargers. If you are out, I don't think there is a way to request it unless it's under the selection wheel? I just realized that I didn't check there.

The ping system is great but it limits mic use. I still enjoy getting into a full party with mics. Those matches still seem to go a little better with higher placements on average. That is one area blackout seems to be above is with mic use; however you basically have to have a mic since a ping system is non-existent

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
there's quite a few little touches about this game that are just plain brilliant and that are sorely missing from other BR games. I imagine Fortnite and Blackout are gonna bite off this game. Particularly with the ping system.

also I can't explain why exactly but I love the TTK. It's weird cause I loved feeling lethal in other BR games, taking dudes down with a couple of shots. But this game just feels right with it's TTK. I remember even playing Blackout Beta and thought it was too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.