• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a chance to play with Caustic or Mirage? I'm kind of interested in Caustic and his traps, but bamboozling people with mirages sounds pretty good.

Caustic is undertuned IMO. I think he's a bit better then I initially gave him credit for, but the biggest problem with him is that you basically have to 1v3 people with him. His gas can be super disruptive and powerful but it's almost as obnoxious for your teammates as it is for the enemies. It's a bit bad when every time I have a fight where I feel like Caustic is super useful and doing tons of work my teammates complain about how they couldn't do anything because of the gas. They get obscured and more importantly disoriented when going through it. If they just made it so teammates could see through the gas like you can and also made them immune to the gas then I think he could actually be really good if used well, but until then I feel like he's situational and can often do more harm then good. For your first unlock I would definitely recommend Mirage and wait for Caustic to get buffs. I do like him a lot more and think there's some really cool stuff you can do with him, he's pretty tricky to play though.

Last edited:

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Wait, did they left?! After this awesomeness of yours?? I'm totally new to this game and the whole battle royale mode.

Managed to be the champion at third round, had no clue what I was doing. Had then five or six games in a row without a single kill. It feels so random to me :/ (I play Overwatch a lot, Platinum tier, but this game mode here is something else and I'm happy when I end up with two kills after a 20minutes match).
Yeah sadly they left me, happend quite a few times yesterday. But aside randomness is definitely a factor in BR games, but it's also a genre that needs some time to click for people, while you can be super aggressive and win for a lot of people that is a lot harder in BR games, so maybe try to think of it as a completely different thing to other shooters and look what playstyle these games encourage, I think for a lot of people the barrier that keeps them from getting better at BRs is that they play them like any other shooter.

For fuck sake!!! You're a great team player though don't change that
I definitely won't change that, just felt a little discouraged after it happend to me quite a lot yesterday, especially since on monday and tuesday people were happy to see me run across half the map to get the respawn.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Got 7 wins today!!! So hyped.
Wow gratz...

I played one game and came second. We had an amazing run, good team, I think I had to rez the others like 8 times, we came very close to wiping so many times. When we came to one of the last small circles, the other team had taken up an almost un-attackable roof position. We just couldn't take them down. This game is soooo much better than Fortnite.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The punching in this game is something else too, my squad just wiped another squad without finding any weapons and just ran up to their faces and punching them to death and they had guns too haha.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
That time when you steal someone's ammo from under their nose, and end up doing 3v3v3 melee only because there are no weapons and nobody wants to share weapons / ammo with the enemy. :D :D Hilarious situation. We wiped one squad, but the other one killed us.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Started in a 2 man squad.... the other player instantly DCs so just me left. I decide to go spicy assuming I'll die right away and jump in the high loot area. Get lucky and find a peacemaker & hemlock, great attachments with purple armour / helmet. Proceed to kill 2 full squads and get to the final 3 with total kills of 8.

This games alright.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Statistically I should have been put in a match with a few randoms to carry me to a win but no. I've been in 2nd place about 50 times now. Its been 1v1 at the very end about half those times and I cant get a god damn win. Im cursed.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Really not a fan of super passive teammates. Hiding isn't going to get you that W. Sure, you might make it to the endgame, but you're going to be out geared.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any word on a universal stat tracker?

Statistically I should have been put in a match with a few randoms to carry me to a win but no. I've been in 2nd place about 50 times now. Its been 1v1 at the very end about half those times and I cant get a god damn win. Im cursed.

Welcome to the club. Plenty of top 3 endings for me too, no wins.

Really not a fan of super passive teammates. Hiding isn't going to get you that W. Sure, you might make it to the endgame, but you're going to be out geared.

Take the role of the leader. Be active, start pinging and moving a lot. Show them that you know what you're doing, or at least look like it even if you don't know. More often than not people will start following you.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Winning the game while killing the champion and being the kill leader was such a great feeling. Lifeline is so fun to play.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Winning the game while killing the champion and being the kill leader was such a great feeling. Lifeline is so fun to play.
tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Played two rounds yesterday. Not really feeling it, unfortunately. In a fast game like this, I don't like all the looting. I would rather have loadouts and just find some special shields and stuff in the world. Searching for all that ammo and small stuff is not fun for me. But I get it why it's in there.
The artstyle is also kinda whatever.
It plays well and has a lot of great ideas though. But it somehow didn't grab me. I think that I'm at the point now where I want more shooting and less looting.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
Love being matched with level 2s who drop into the nearest shittiest spot; meanwhile the champion squad is a three stack with a dude at 500+ kills.

SuperFinal

Cinematics Designer at Playground Games
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
So, last night I finished a late-game skirmish that resulted in me (LIFELINE) with no shields or med packs. To make matters worse the ring was closing in fast and the rest of my team had already took off for the safe zone, leaving me desperately trying to outrun the thing on my lonesome. No use though - I was quickly engulfed in the danger zone and within five seconds was on my hands and knees. Couldn't really blame the squad for abandoning me, though. Not being the most skilled player, I'd been trying to keep up with the pair for the past 25 minutes, contributing nothing but the odd med pack and moral support. BUT THEN!

Just as I was about to call it a night, I'd spotted that one of my squad (WRAITH) had dropped a portal. Now, I'm not sure whether this was originally intended for me, but not wanting to look a gift-horse in the mouth I managed to slither through it with an ounce of health and pop out right next to the ring's final resting place. After a quick revive, I got to watch my new hero dispatch the remaining squad and claim a much celebrated V.

And that's the story of how I came to purchase the Founders Pack.

GG Respawn. GG.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, last night I finished a late-game skirmish that resulted in me (LIFELINE) with no shields or med packs. To make matters worse the ring was closing in fast and the rest of my team had already took off for the safe zone, leaving me desperately trying to outrun the thing on my lonesome. No use though - I was quickly engulfed in the danger zone and within five seconds was on my hands and knees. Couldn't really blame the squad for abandoning me, though. Not being the most skilled player, I'd been trying to keep up with the pair for the past 25 minutes, contributing nothing but the odd med pack and moral support. BUT THEN!

Just as I was about to call it a night, I'd spotted that one of my squad (WRAITH) had dropped a portal. Now, I'm not sure whether this was originally intended for me, but not wanting to look a gift-horse in the mouth I managed to slither through it with an ounce of health and pop out right next to the ring's final resting place. After a quick revive, I got to watch my new hero dispatch the remaining squad and claim a much celebrated V.

GG Respawn. GG.

You can use the portal when you're downed? That's pretty neat

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
Had a day off yesterday and wanted to complete RE2 and continue with some more KH3 but I ended up playing Apex for about 8-10 hours straight. It reminds me of so many good shooters at the same time (halo, overwatch, rainbow, cs) - and in the process it manages to create something of its own. This could become a really big game. Well done Respawn!

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
They really need to get a drdisrespect legend. Okay maybe they don't really NEED to but it would be hilarious.
Someone suggested on his stream his abilities should be called Violence, Speed, Momentum.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 more wins this morning, but accidental melee is still a problem for me somehow. To bad I can't just flat out deactivate it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Reddit:

56nkpgzeo9f21.jpg

I feel personally attacked by this meme. Been waking up at like 5am all week to get some matches in before work.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GG Respawn. GG.
That is awesome. Wraith is my favourite Legend by far, she is absolutely perfect for situations like this and getting out of disadvantageous positions

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
Finally got a game in with two friends last night- second game in and we win. It shines when there is a modicum of communication between players. Not sure how I feel about the being able to spam the enemy spotted ping system yet- I feel it makes the HUD & game too noisy.

Pick up groups continue to be trash though- regardless of what people say, the tutorial tells you how to use the ping system. I've not played a shooter in 6 months and I already feel in front of the curve. :/

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw guys, don't sleep on melee when you're out of ammo/no weapons in early game. Because of how quick the movement in this game is it's real easy to get up in their face and drop them before they can reload their own gun.

I managed to down an entire squad yesterday with just melee at the start of a match, was so funny.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get champion with randoms. Two of us died right before the final border, but our lovely robot managed to run and pick us up and zipline away. Lucikly there was a respawn right outside the border and three dead bodies right inside. Spent too long looting, so I fell behind my teammates, but somehow managed to flank the enemy team and down them all. Such a good feeling.

And right after, my buddy logged on to play, and I got to show of since we were now the champion squad!

First BR I'm excited to play, even by myself. I usually play BR games when my buddies are on, but Apex feels so good that I log on to play with randoms for hours.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Pick up groups continue to be trash though- regardless of what people say, the tutorial tells you how to use the ping system. I've not played a shooter in 6 months and I already feel in front of the curve. :/

I've had some surprising success with randos, few wins and some 2nd/3rd places. I think those were groups of two though, so I guess I'm the rando. They still seem surprised when they get someone competent.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
I've had some surprising success with randos, few wins and some 2nd/3rd places. I think those were groups of two though, so I guess I'm the rando. They still seem surprised when they get someone competent.
Most of my groups have been pretty good. Usually pinging really well and sharing loot. I've been really surprised tbh.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK

I'm sure things will get better over time it's just incredibly frustrating to come across a level 3 armour/helmet/item which is in a building which was already looted by a team mate. The game makes it incredibly easy to communicate with a button, it's very intuitive, but you can lead a horse to water and all that.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I definitely won't change that, just felt a little discouraged after it happend to me quite a lot yesterday, especially since on monday and tuesday people were happy to see me run across half the map to get the respawn.
Yeah toxicity didn't kick in at the beginning. Now you hear people screaming in your ears for stupid stuff

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my groups have been pretty good. Usually pinging really well and sharing loot. I've been really surprised tbh.

To me it's a continous up and down. I alternate between good teams and top 5 finishes (even got 5 wins with randoms) and people completely incapable of playing. Barely any players inbetween the two categories.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I still need to figure out the controls on this shit, I panic way too easily and having someone barking me orders and whatnot isn't helping.

Wish I could auto-mute everyone in this and place a "ping only" setting.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
>start any online game
>go to settings
>disable voice chat

works perfectly every time
Guess I'll do that. Got paired with straight out horrible people who never stopped insulting me during the whole match.

I can't speak English and I don't have any gaming friends but I like this game so much, so I'm sorry if I'm ruining the fun of the overcompetitive guys.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Game is so damn enjoyable. Being honest I'm not a fan of the general world-style and character designs but the gameplay is tight enough to the point I can't stop playing and it's not even a thought. Am a fan of the presentation and framing of the competition, especially the champions.

Dropping in is great, the sound design is fantastic (really good from the hype music to the sound effects), there are a number of great UX considerations in everything from gear upgrades to having a respawn mechanic that works well. Playing with randoms and early on got knocked out alongside another teammate. The other guy bailed but I spec'd our remaining hope as he fought his way to the final 15 and found a respawn beacon to pull me back in with.

What a great, unexpected release out of nowhere. It feels way more fresh than it has a right to.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll do that. Got paired with straight out horrible people who never stopped insulting me during the whole match.

I can't speak English and I don't have any gaming friends but I like this game so much, so I'm sorry if I'm ruining the fun of the overcompetitive guys.

You can also just mute the assholes from the squad tab of the inventory screen if you don't want to straight up disable voice chat altogether. I can speak English but opt not to since it always just feels weird to me lol, but there have been a handful of nice mic users too so I have yet to disable it completely.

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>start any online game
>go to settings
>disable voice chat

works perfectly every time

Please don't do that. There are genuine players who rely on voice communication that wont treat you like shit out there. Its much preferable to just mute the assholes as they come and go.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got a Kraber. Two knockdowns with it and it did +200 damage both times. We only came in second, but using the Kraber made it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.