• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Again, I know all about flicking, snapping, muscle memory, blah blah. This entire paragraph you wrote just tells me you didn't watch it as I instructed.

I watched the video and he does exactly what I explained he does. Flicks, is off to the left of his teammate, then corrects. He also flicks to several parts of the ground looking for the enemies and puts several shots into nothing because they're not there. It looks weird to an average player but nothing seems off about it to me.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I love the camaraderie among the random players I've stuck together with til the final squads remain. We start offering up our guns, ammo and med packs to each other. It really brings the game to a dramatic climax.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The amount of incredible plays that just get stopped completely dead from running out of ammo are starting to infuriate me. It makes it so difficult to pick up slack for players that don't know what they're doing yet.
literally not having enough ammo dropped on the ground or not having enough in the mag?

outside of energy ammo, I can't say I've ever had issues with quantity of ammo. I tend to drop energy weapons entirely if I get below 1.5 mags worth. Not worth the risk of running out of ammo. I think that's intentional as they are the strongest weapons outside of gold weapons.

as for mag size, it makes me appreciate the mag attachments more, especially for automatic weapons. really gotta loot well and be aware of how many rounds in the mag you have. sometimes it's better to stick with a decent weapon with a purple attach than picking up a weapon you may like more but with no mags.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Is there a way to say basic speech like Hello, Yes, No, etc? I know you can say thank you but right now it only seems like it's context sensitive.

JesseTheGhost

Aug 4, 2018
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

Thanks for setting this up! I'd like to give the game a try, but I'm really nervous as I don't play many competitive games (I think my last one was Smite back in undergrad and I graduated in 2016) or many shooters. It looks fun, but I'd definitely prefer to find some patient friends to show me the ropes.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
literally not having enough ammo dropped on the ground or not having enough in the mag?

outside of energy ammo, I can't say I've ever had issues with quantity of ammo. I tend to drop energy weapons entirely if I get below 1.5 mags worth. Not worth the risk of running out of ammo. I think that's intentional as they are the strongest weapons outside of gold weapons.

as for mag size, it makes me appreciate the mag attachments more, especially for automatic weapons. really gotta loot well and be aware of how many rounds in the mag you have. sometimes it's better to stick with a decent weapon with a purple attach than picking up a weapon you may like more but with no mags.
ground, I love the high TTK. I just want more ammo to actually kill people.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Is there a way to say basic speech like Hello, Yes, No, etc? I know you can say thank you but right now it only seems like it's context sensitive.
No, aside from text to speech. On console, you can hold down the map button to bring up a keyboard and type something out. You can also respond to other people's pings. If someone does a "let's go here" ping, you can ping the same spot to say okay. Or if someone pings equipment, you can call dibs on it.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the peacekeeper received a nerf of some kind. The gun is a little too good right now. I don't think it is incredibly OP, but it definitely seems to be outperforming most other weapons in most scenarios, particularly with the choke applied.

Oct 25, 2017
Dropping into spicy areas is definitely helping me get better. Sometimes it's better to take your time with shots. Also, Peacekeeper is a beautiful machine.

Didn't even have a choke on the thing!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the peacekeeper received a nerf of some kind. The gun is a little too good right now. I don't think it is incredibly OP, but it definitely seems to be outperforming most other weapons in most scenarios, particularly with the choke applied.

I'm sure they're taking stats on that stuff, I'm already running into it suuuper often. Atleast wiping a squad makes it easy to find one, lol.

The game feels pretty well balanced to me overall though. I like the place rifles and snipers seem to be in, hitting the peacekeeper a bit and giving some love to smgs and the mozambique would be all I can see for now.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
honestly it just needs a range nerf, this thing has no right to do that much damage so far away

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I love the camaraderie among the random players I've stuck together with til the final squads remain. We start offering up our guns, ammo and med packs to each other. It really brings the game to a dramatic climax.

Do you run into people who ping requests for certain things? I'm still trying to get a handle on proper etiquette for looting and trying to figure out what people might need/should I take a thing. Right now the only way I can see this working is if people periodically stop to heal/shield and you just kind of dunno all the stuff you don't need to see if anyone else wants it. I don't think I've ever run into anyone that requested anything, and I can't recall if you can see whether your teammates have armor/helmets, or if you can only see that for yourself.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
I had a solo match tonight. Ended up getting in 4th place overall and in the top 10/9 players. Who would have thought that evasion could work so well.

Dec 18, 2017
I've gotten so many undeserved kills on the Peacemaker it's not even funny. I love it, but it probably needs a nerf because I'm notoriously trash at shooters, and have had both my wins on Peacemaker rounds.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find that it takes a long time to get in a game? (PS4) it's stuck on starting server.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Had a fun time dropping with everybody in the discord, but alas no wins today.

Last edited:

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing all week, but my squad went on an absolute tear tonight. Only lost one game all night long with a 27 kill peak game. The teamwork aspect in this is brilliant. You can RARELY push a squad by yourself and wipe them, unlike other BRs, Fortnite especially. I imagine the champion-based nature of the game lends to this quite a bit. Think Overwatch and how useless one person alone is in that game. I typically feel the skill-gap is lessened in cases where individual play is unrewarded, but I don't get that feeling here at all. This game is fantastic and Respawn has a huge hit on their hands. Only thing that worries me are the cosmetics (the most minor nitpick possible, unless you're the company actually looking to make money off of this). The banners are brilliant, and seeing your banner across the entire map with your unlocked badges and kill/damage/win numbers is incredible, but the skins aren't worth spending a penny on imo.

Edit: How the hell do they expect people to get 4000 damage for that banner badge? That is an insane amount.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Always fun when your playstyle jives with the randoms, first win of the day coming late in the day

Wingman is my gun, i'll miss 50% of the shots but boy the ones that hit are hurting

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been kicking doors open constantly since learning you could do that. Will it hurt enemies if they're on the other side and get hit by it?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Dropping into spicy areas is definitely helping me get better. Sometimes it's better to take your time with shots. Also, Peacekeeper is a beautiful machine.

Didn't even have a choke on the thing!

If by "beautiful machine" you mean "first weapon to get nerfed because it's OP as fuck" then yes.

Hate when I lay into a dude with an LMG, he turns around and fires one round with a peacekeeper at me from a distance and I'm dead :lol

One dude I play with ALWAYS rages fucking haaaaard

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shotguns in general are very lethal close range. I like how the distances seem kinda set in this game for the weapon types, in COD even short range the sniper's quickscopes melt too easily compared to SMGs and assault rifles if you can land a shot quick enough. Here it seems to me that shotguns really can't be beaten close-up, add a couple feet and it's SMG land, get medium range and it's assault rifles, and so on. EVA and Peacekeeper are currently my two go-to guns for close quarter combat.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I really love this game, but I am very much looking forward to the version of it where I don't get one-clicked by Peacekeepers right after dropping

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Is kinda anoyed... when the trailer released I got immediately enticed by Caustic as a character to play. Really dumb that just that guy is only an unlockable and I need to play a hellova lot of matches to afford him >(

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
I've played quite a few games as Wraith now and I've literally never heard the passive. Is it completely indistinguishable at inoffensive volumes without using headphones?

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've played quite a few games as Wraith now and I've literally never heard the passive. Is it completely indistinguishable at inoffensive volumes without using headphones?

I've only played as her twice, but my stats said I heard voices 4 times. I wear noise-canceling headphones and never caught it.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns in general are very lethal close range. I like how the distances seem kinda set in this game for the weapon types, in COD even short range the sniper's quickscopes melt too easily compared to SMGs and assault rifles if you can land a shot quick enough. Here it seems to me that shotguns really can't be beaten close-up, add a couple feet and it's SMG land, get medium range and it's assault rifles, and so on. EVA and Peacekeeper are currently my two go-to guns for close quarter combat.

I think part of the reason that Peacekeeper is OP is that TTK is significantly higher in this game than in other shooters - but shotguns are still a 1shot kill through even blue armor. So they're even more OP compared to other guns than in most other games, ESPECIALLY with the range they currently have.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Game is great despite the issues I've had with it and the respawn mechanics create some amazing moments that you don't really get in any other game, certainly not BR games.

Hopefully people stick with it and respawn keep making it better!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way I once again ended my early morning session with a win, my 5th with randoms. This match had two key moments:

1. A slow and calm but very tense three team shootout in the huts at the swamp. With some smart positioning, a couple revives, stealing items from the first team to go down, etc. we managed to get the upper hand there, and we used the tons of great loot to gear up even better. I was so full of shields, lol.

2. It was one of those matches where by the last 3 circles there were only three teams. We were slowly trying to understand where to go when we realized one team is near the end of the circle, so we slowly moved up there on a hill. Turns out that they were duking it out with another squad, so we rushed in there. They were battling hard in a house. So we waited our turn, and as soon as the announcer called that there's only one team left, we blasted in from three different doors (without even coordinating on purpose, it's just that everyone in me team was smart enough for once)and murdered the shit out of them. They fought back but they were busy looting, expecting to have a couple seconds of tranquility. They were wrong. My personal rush brought me to eliminate a downed guy, and then kill the last person, who was coincidentally the kill champion.

So I earned that in the end too, and since I usually play conservative I never had that before. The EVA was doing great work in this match, was melting people well. Very fun match. I still need to get a win with a defense class, I don't play those too often.

Oct 25, 2017
If by "beautiful machine" you mean "first weapon to get nerfed because it's OP as fuck" then yes.

Hate when I lay into a dude with an LMG, he turns around and fires one round with a peacekeeper at me from a distance and I'm dead :lol

One dude I play with ALWAYS rages fucking haaaaard
Yes indeed, but for now I'll use it! Aside from being OP though, it is giving me good habits with making shots count.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Got back-to-back wins tonight. Second win was cause the last squad managed to get themselves all killed outside the circle.

Extremely feeling myself right now.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got back-to-back wins tonight. Second win was cause the last squad managed to get themselves all killed outside the circle.

Extremely feeling myself right now.

A back-to-back win is one of my objectives now. I sort of did it yesterday: won a match in the morning, had two disconnects at lunch break in the first 2 minutes of each match, when I joined back in the evening I won as soon as I started playing. So it's effectively two consecutive wins on matches I actually played. But I'm looking forward to two actual b2b wins. That and winning a match with each class, I think I have 3 so far as I repeat my classes a lot.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
one of the things I gotta say is that grenades feel REALLY nice in this game. which makes the limited inventory space taken up by ammo suck even more because I feel like I gotta be stingy on the nades. Landed in a game earlier where I didn't get a weapon but knocked someone just with nades :lol

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting 'Party not ready/Party leader quit(in game)'? Even though I'm solo right now sometimes I'll get 'party leader quit' when I'm in game, and I couldn't start a match because it said 'party not ready'(despite solo queueing)

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a round that started with me falling off the waterfall on drop at Relay to grapple myself out mid-fall, having to abandon my squad because I was so pinned down even after managing to respawn one of them once, constantly doing hit and run attacks as a solo, thinking I'm dead with two other squads left in a tiny circle and then realizing I picked up a legendary knockdown shield at the start of the game and rezzing myself in a corner, and only finally going down after the one full squad left pincered me.

By the end I had over 1,200 damage and like six downs, which of course means zero kills because of how armor and healing works in this game

Also I was the champion so the whole time I was on banners

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Anyone have a chance to play with Caustic or Mirage? I'm kind of interested in Caustic and his traps, but bamboozling people with mirages sounds pretty good.

Also, how the heck you use Wraith? I like her design, but she seems like she's only good in the hands of someone who can get a lot of kills.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I wanted to try Apex on my Laptop - ran it for the first time and this stupid windows defender thingy pops up that wants to place an exception for the game to be able to connect to the internet.
That happened at the same time I was trying to get the game to full screen and now that screen is gone and won't pop up again when I reboot the game. I tried to manually create an exception for the app in Windows Defender, but so far no luck - I can't get the game to connect.

Any help? What could I look at next?

Status
Not open for further replies.