• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Loving this game but the combat seems off..I'm literally lining enemies up from behind and unloading heavy amounts of ammo only for them to turn around and maybe two/three shot me. Xbox One.
I can only get kills will LMGs or Shotguns when I'm unloading with my team from point blank.

This anyone else?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Loving this game but the combat seems off..I'm literally lining enemies up from behind and unloading heavy amounts of ammo only for them to turn around and maybe two/three shot me. Xbox One.
I can only get kills will LMGs or Shotguns when I'm unloading with my team from point blank.

This anyone else?
It might just take some time for it to click for you, I had a similar experience initially but I'm dropping people pretty quick now.

Also pay attention to the colour of your hitmarker when shooting enemies. An armour symbol means you're shooting armour, and blue/purple/yellow colour means stronger armour respectively. Your gear matters a lot late game. Many weapons also have small default magazine sizes so it's a priority getting mag size upgrades.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
A patch addressing crashes would be a lifesaver :(

A had a ton of games with bad teammates and the ones that were going well crashed. Rough.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It might just take some time for it to click for you, I had a similar experience initially but I'm dropping people pretty quick now.

Also pay attention to the colour of your hitmarker when shooting enemies. An armour symbol means you're shooting armour, and blue/purple/yellow colour means stronger armour respectively. Your gear matters a lot late game. Many weapons also have small default magazine sizes so it's a priority getting mag size upgrades.
Thanks for the tips.

I'm 14 hours of gameplay in getting schooled by level 1/2/3's..hoping it clicks soon as I'm starting to think I'm a liability for my squad. Healing with Lifeline is giving me a small pass at the moment.

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I had enough cash from my EA Access dollar membership to get him, and I gave them money for toxic because I love the game so much, and I figured they deserve a bit of cash from me at the bare minimum for a character.
It's funny, I think my next post after the one you quoted in this thread is me saying I bought Mirage. It cost me 10 bucks and its a free game that I'm really enjoying.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Thank you!!

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Blackout is great but its super disappointing that the support is abysmal. It's clear Activision doesnt care to support it and will do the same thing with the next COD

Isn't the inventory still bogged on console btw?
The new Blackout inventory system is in with tabbed pages and it doesn't hang up anymore. I prefer it to Apex because I hate having to scroll down a long list of items but I love how it's color coded in AL.

I wouldn't say support is abysmal but it's slow for sure. The new modes were fun. Ambush (snipes and knives) was a good way to practice the more rare rifle drops and Down But Not Out was a fun take on respawn a in a BR. If a single team member was left alive, the next circle would spawn them in. Was hectic.

Spray cans and yachts aren't enough I agree. To me Blackout and Apex are different enough that I'll happily play both.

The biggest thing Blackout needs is to go free to play.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Down for me as well. Dammit, just got home from work/happy hour and all I could do was think about playing this game lol

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
lol I won a game where we started with two somehow. We ended the final circle in a building in the swamps. We just sat there and used our shotties as the other squads swarmed in.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ughhhh I'm not good enough to clutch up. I've made it to the last two squads so many times tonight only to lose to someone much better than me, or even have my inexperienced squadmates apologizing for not being the best. I always tell them good game though and not to worry!

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit so servers are down. I had just finished a match where I blasted someone jumping through a window directly at me. Shotgun blast. Then while finishing him off his squad mate killed me

edit - Seems the servers might be coming back. Nearly joined there

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see other people are having issues. I fell through the world in my last game and when I tired to start another got errors. I thought something fot corrupted.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I needed to come off anyway, so this isn't so bad. I would have probably played another 5 games or something though, because I can't help myself.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhh I'm not good enough to clutch up. I've made it to the last two squads so many times tonight only to lose to someone much better than me, or even have my inexperienced squadmates apologizing for not being the best. I always tell them good game though and not to worry!

Man I am mayor of second place right now, don't feel too bad. I had a game last night where I was in the box above thunderdome with just two guys directly below me; I was literally one frag grenade away from victory when I stupidly decided to jump down and try to mastiff them to death. Yeah it didn't work.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i assume yall mean on PC? should specify.
i haven't had that issue at all on xbox. I've had 2 games that were in slow mo. but thats it

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Just played 5 hours solid with my friend, great fun. Didn't like Fortnite or PUBG at all, liked the Blackout beta but didn't want to pay £50 for one mode.

Then Apex Legends comes along... for free, with no pay to win.

Great stuff. :)

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on Xbox I was able to get into 2 matches but now it just keeps attempting connection and failing.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first win with two other friends earlier. Love this game.

I bought the starter pack but I'm thinking about buying 1000 coins to get enough to buy caustic.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Man I am mayor of second place right now, don't feel too bad. I had a game last night where I was in the box above thunderdome with just two guys directly below me; I was literally one frag grenade away from victory when I stupidly decided to jump down and try to mastiff them to death. Yeah it didn't work.
I literally lost my entire squad to the last man standing. I take the blame because I had the highest killcount and damage on the squad. Felt awful lmao, The spirit of Blisk rings true. He was better.

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Replying to join. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.