• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so Caustic is extremely underrated

His gas is like a smoke screen only he can see through

He can drop a gas pod, shoot it, and then stand in it to be invisible to enemies

Ive played 2 games with him so far and ive won both

5 kills and then 7
Can enemies see his gas pods before they blow? He says he's "setting a trap" when you drop one but it sure is a big ass, obvious trap.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The SMG's are very disappointing, a whole clip into someone at close range and you still need to switch guns to secure the kill

Yeah, they seem like the biggest balance issue in the game ATM, the whole class feels weak. There's maybe more merit to the Prowler if you can get that attachment that makes it full auto, but the LMGs are really fuckin' good and so is the Peacekeeper.

The Mozambique seems absolutely terrible to me too which is a bummer since I loved that gun in Titanfall. It only headshots for 66 or so with a full hit and only having three shots before a reload feels weird compared to the other shotties.

Can enemies see his gas pods before they blow? He says he's "setting a trap" when you drop one but it sure is a big ass, obvious trap.

They can but you can put them inside next to a door or something so they run into it. He plays well indoors since he can trap doors and windows like that.

They're more for area denial than outright damage though, like if you drop them and shoot them to trigger them and block off a pathway you're still getting value from it since positioning is huge in a BR.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah. Aiming at a super small, fast moving target can be difficult with analog sticks. That's why I said it was tough to do. Because it's tough to do.

I want to use snipers but on consoles I am GARBAGE with them despite being a very solid sniper in most other games. I got a Kraber once and just squandered it. On consoles, I kinda see it as more of a pestering/harrasment thing or to get big damage on a standing still target.

It's crazy that this game is still #1 on twitch. Not even just #1, but it's near double the next couple games most of the time.

I think its gonna be succesful but don't get too excited. Sea of Thieves was huge when its first public builds came and quicky died out. Resurged recently but only due to summit and friends mainly.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then you will have maniacs asking for a solo queue mode without character abilities
No different than a fighting game that has S tier and trash tier characters. The solo queue meta will be pretty well defined. It'll also make the unlikely victories using a garbage character even more fulfilling.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just make everyone this guy

brx-allen-screenshot009.jpg

Passive ability: Wallrunning

Other ability: Grapple

Ultimate ability: None

Let people unlock skins and different helmets for him.

This is what I hope they consider. But Wallrunning isn't happening and the map is not built for it. Just keep the grapple on cool down and then make things like the Dome Shield, personal shield, etc. pick ups.

Titanfall 2 had some perks, they can be pick ups like in COD Blackout or something. This BR game could be the best in that the Team modes are inherently different than the solo mode, but they both offer something unique.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Just make everyone this guy

brx-allen-screenshot009.jpg

Passive ability: Wallrunning

Other ability: Grapple

Ultimate ability: None

Let people unlock skins and different helmets for him.
I like it but I think it should be like this.

Passive: Increased movement speed and reload speed
Other Ability: Double Jump
Ultimate: Wall-running for 30 seconds

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This game really wants me to play Pathfinder. I've already got 3 skins for him, one being purple (I can't remember what it's called in this)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ffs, was down to my team and another which we was likely to win, only for us to get an electric surge which flipped the fuse box.

I'm just happy I have a surge protector these days as I lost a surround sound system to that shit before.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Wallrunning by itself is useless, while momentum and slidehopping would literally break the map. The game is not designed for it.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
The game needs more players. I dunno about 100 but as is most matches are just running/loot simulators rather than a shooter.

No solo is also a downer. I can see why, but I'm just really not trying to talk to randoms.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so my last match... a few mins in and this happens...

loSMqdN.jpg

Luckily the other person was responding to both pings and text chat, so we moved together and took down a squad and got geared up.

Finally the third player joined us, only to promptly die... but I took out the kill leader and 2 of his team by myself which was a huge rush, then got killed by another squad but my decent team mate rushed in returned the favour. The other team mates banner had de-spawned during the firefight, so we were 2/3

They re-spawned me )what a great mechanic), we ran back to our spot and I retrieved my weapons and mods. At this point were in a very small circle. 3 squads remaining.

We roamed about guarding each other and managed to take out another squad together. The final squad was behind a rock... I dropped my Lifeline ultimate supply pod on them and took one out (thanks for the tip ITT whoever shared that!)t, the other rushed out and we I got the final kill!

I was so focused I didn't even know how many were left, and the win screen suddenly pops up.

CCbHjtk.jpg

I was feeling down about this game thinking my FPS skills had all but withered, but now I have a feel for it and I think this has me hooked.

Great game, the team mechanics really set it apart from every other team based shooter I've played. I really hope this system is copied and becomes ubiquitous.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Barely related question:

When did Twitch start showing commercials? Is it only for the biggest streamers (Dr. Disrespect, Ninja).

I really like watching Apex Legends being played but I can't take another deeze nuts or Hanna advertisement.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I only managed to play one match, and while I did enjoy the gameplay a lot, my squad wasn't very great. Granted I don't have a microphone, but I felt the ping system worked as supplement to the mic. Is there any indication there may be a solo mode? I just can't imagine enjoying the game for an extended period of time with randoms.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope if/when they bring in a win game stat tracker, it'll be backwards compatible because I am raking in the wins so far.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I hope if/when they bring in a win game stat tracker, it'll be backwards compatible because I am raking in the wins so far.
There is a "Wins with Full Teams" stat tracking card you can equip per character.

Go to the Banners tab and then scroll down to the 3 Tracker options and put it in one of those slots. It's a cheap one to buy with materials.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, almost got another win. Very close second.

I mean, I died in 30 seconds and was being totally carried, but hey.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nvidia pls release a hotfix for that device hung error....I am thirsty for more wins but I keep crashing in the middle of matches.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
There is a "Wins with Full Teams" stat tracking card you can equip per character.

Go to the Banners tab and then scroll down to the 3 Tracker options and put it in one of those slots. It's a cheap one to buy with materials.

Oh that's cool! Would still like a more indepth stats page that tracks your overall wins etc though.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Why Peacekeeper over the EVA-8?
Peacekeeper has better range and more damage on a single shot. To me it kind of feels like Pump Shotguns vs Tactical Shotguns in Fortnite. Trading off range and damage for faster fire rates.

Oh that's cool! Would still like a more indepth stats page that tracks your overall wins etc though.
Same. Titanfall 1 had a graph that tracked your K/D over the last 5 games and Blackout had this, too. Would like to see it here.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to trying this, it's fantastic! This is coming from a guy who doesn't play Battle Royale games. I've tried the big ones before and they are fine but just not my thing. Apex feels so good though and everything is done so smartly. I enjoy the forced groups and because of how well you can communicate without a mic, it just works and it's fun! It feels like a sweet spot between and Battle Royale and a typical team death match which is what I normally prefer. It's definitely my go to multiplayer game for the foreseeable future I think.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit like Blackout, you need to gain speed by going downwards in order to be able to fly "horizontally" for larger distances. Say the plane is going on the side of the map, if you just press forward the whole time you can barely reach like half of the map. But start going down, then go in the direction you need, then when you are losing speed just go down again and gain some more momentum, and use it to fly towards your destination. If you do it right you'll be able to reach the other side of the map, or go close to it. Since there's plenty of people not aware this works like Blackout rather than something like Fortnite or PUBG, a lot of people fail to reach the farther areas, thus you've got decent chances of finding fairly calm places. Of course you could find the "wrong" match where there's actually a lot of good players which would make those distant locations more likely to be populated.

Thanks for this. I was wondering if it was like Blackout in that way, but every time I'm jumpmaster I'm too concerned with screwing it up to play around with the diving/flying physics.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 22 (total) squad kill game with randoms. Would have won if I didn't bleed out and got revived (was an accident).

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Fortnite is still a great game. Very different experiences in my opinion. Fortnite is unique enough and accessable that it will always be on top. I still think Fortnite requires the most skill to play at high levels. That being said, Apex will destroy call of duty battle royale.

I do hope Fortnite adopts some things from Apex. That ping system is so good to use in battle.
I couldn't disagree more. Fortnite leaves the impression of being the opposite of accessible. It's the building, man. It is by nature intimidating and a pain point for quite a few regular players of the game. You know, the people who've been playing for months and still hate to build anything but a box and a ramp. Those are people that would rather not build anything at all and are playing more or less because their friends and celebs started playing it so they did too. Game is good enough to stick for them, but not impregnable. Fortnite will be on top for the foreseeable future because it got in early and is on every platform including mobile phones. Well, for 3rd person shooters, anyway. But this game looks better, feels better to play from moment to moment, offers superior map design, has better communication features, and flat out better ideas going on. The number of hero moments possible in this game and the excitement they offer is something special.

But certainly if you need the scratch the 3rd person BR itch or need to get back to godly building, there's only one place to go. Everyoone else: the Apex line is over here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We need a solo mode first before thinking about that lol it will be interesting to see how they attempt to balance a Solo mode.

Haha so let me rephrase. A lot of people say solo mode would be hard because heroes have different abilities. Some say just remove the abilities but then the hitboxes would be different per Hero. What I'm sharing is have the Pilot be the only Hero you can play as in Solo mode, it would be balanced for everyone.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast with this game but had a pretty frustrating situation I didn't know how to handle.

When it gets to the final bubbles, the bubble shifts from where the safe areas are. But the safe area I was in didn't shift to the new one; instead the whole thing just shrank and I died in the storm. Are there just some sections of the map that can be sandwiched between the storm and I'm just fucked?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't disagree more. Fortnite leaves the impression of being the opposite of accessible. It's the building, man. It is by nature intimidating and a pain point for quite a few regular players of the game. Fortnite will be on top for the foreseeable future because it got in early and is on every platform including mobile phones. Well, for 3rd person shooters, anyway. But this game looks better, feels better to play from moment to moment, offers superior map design, has better communication features, and flat out better ideas going on. The number of hero moments possible in this game and the excitement they offer is something special.

But certainly if you need the scratch the 3rd person BR itch or need to get back to godly building, there's only one place to go. Everyoone else: the Apex line is over here.
Yeah, I definitely agree. I was putting up with Fortnite building because PUBG still runs like ass on console. Now that I have this game I doubt I'll ever play Fortnite again. Assuming they add in common sense modes like solo queue and practice range.

Also, the shorthand is "ApeLeg." GOAT.

Oct 30, 2017
Just joined a match, someone left my party before we even jumped and I got a nice message from them. "Don't want to play with noobs".

I'm level 7 and was using a new character so had 0 kills.

:(

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish randos in my team stop breaking off during deployment and landing nowhere near the rest of squad. They're always the ones to die first and put us at an immediate disadvantage.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I really wish randos in my team stop breaking off during deployment and landing nowhere near the rest of squad. They're always the ones to die first and put us at an immediate disadvantage.
Strangely I've found the most success with broken squads. Squads of 2 play safer and are less likely to do stupid shit that gets you killed. I probably get into the final 4 squads with 2 or solo at a 75% rate. Probably a 30% rate for a full group of 3. lol

I haven't had this much fun with a game since Overwatch first released
this. not since Overwatch launch and Titanfall launch before it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Im starting to hate when your random teammates bale on you in the middle of a match. Had a few games where i ended up just camping it to get to 3rd or 4th at least.

Had that happen to me and a friend just two days ago. We could have won the match too but after a really good team fight they just left.

It's possible they crashed. At least yesterday I had my first crash loading the character select and a crash after picking some items up. PS4 Pro btw.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
Strangely I've found the most success with broken squads. Squads of 2 play safer and are less likely to do stupid shit that gets you killed. I probably get into the final 4 squads with 2 or solo at a 75% rate. Probably a 30% rate for a full group of 3. lol

this. not since Overwatch launch and Titanfall launch before it.
So much this.
Of my 3 wins so far, 2 were mostly just duos for most of the game.
Maybe it's just easier to manage.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Haha so let me rephrase. A lot of people say solo mode would be hard because heroes have different abilities. Some say just remove the abilities but then the hitboxes would be different per Hero. What I'm sharing is have the Pilot be the only Hero you can play as in Solo mode, it would be balanced for everyone.
Oh gotcha! Yeah that could be one approach they take to ensure Solo mode is balanced but I fear that would fragment the playerbase and go against the nature of the game. I definitely think there is room to add a Piolet character in Squads thought regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.