• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Have you played Titanfall 2? Because that's basically what you're asking for, though it will have wall-running and double jumps so the skill gap will be a bit higher.

Also I do believe they said they're working on possibly having larger player counts. I expect maybe up to like 80ish at a max, even then honestly I don't find it too hard to find people.

I loved Titanfall 2, but the community died and it never really had a chance to grow.

80 might be a tiny bit better?

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
First night I was way more successful than my second night. Get owned in pretty much every firefight. I think I might need a new PC to be competitive in this game... although you can make it pretty far by playing stealthily and generally avoiding conflict until late in the match.

And man this type of game is compelling. I hadn't played much BR before this but it's a goddamn RUSH, when you are down to 2 or 3 squads left. Even when we lose it's really exciting and just makes me want to queue up again immediately. What a game.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are giving Caustic too little credit. His gas shit blinds people quite well. I expect not many have been on the receiving end of his shit but its a bit of a windup with how long it lasts after exposure.
he's the only character that really hinges on other people wandering into big obvious objects. everyone else can use their powers much more actively

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I really hope I stop getting put with people at level 1. I'm close to level 20 and these guys have no idea what they are doing.

Oct 29, 2017
So, what's considered to be some of the better weapons to look for? I've been playing, but always forget the name and the look of the gun.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Calling in a defensive airstrike and putting down a barrier is the ultimate "fuck off" combo.

If only I could get used to Gibraltar's speed.

Oct 29, 2017
Is it true that playing on the same IP address (IE, roommates on the same connection) will not work with Apex Legends at the moment?

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Sorry if someone already posted this but here are the damage numbers compiled by ClassicKen on the Apex reddit.

w9fufgi3f5f21.png

You have 125 HP with lvl1 armor, 175 with lvl2 and 200 with lvl3

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Some matches seem to have a lag/stutter movement issue on Xbox One which affects everyone in the server (as far as I can tell) when it occurs. It doesn't stop once it's begun, but doesn't necessarily start at the beginning. It's not that common but it's happening every so often, gives your movement a whole weird juddery feel.

Not seen any chatter about it online, the subreddit seems to be mostly chitchat / memes as opposed to response to any issues or feedback from Respawn. Any others here ran into it?

Have seen this off and on on Xbox. Just chalked it up to latency issues, but have definitely noticed, yeah.

I reached 250 kills with lifeline and have enough currency for one of the legends to get. Who should I buy ? I see a lot of mirages

It's weird, on console so far I've seen almost none of either. I bought Mirage day one and have been mostly playing him, and I've never seen anyone on my team try to pick him, and I've only encountered another one in a match once. Seen a few Caustics, but still, not many. Mirage seems pretty good. People get tricked by the decoy over and over which is fun for setting up flanks. His ult is cool, but I mistime it a lot because I'm not very good, haha. I also tend to use it more aggressively, using the cloaking aspect to set up flanks or just reposition. Anyway, yeah, Mirage is cool.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yes, I saw that, but I couldn't tell whether others in the server had it or not for sure as I usually play with randoms with no voice chat. Once it was very likely since we were all trying to run towards the next circle and I started this wobbly lag thing. I was in front so I expected them to catch up on me and overtake me, but they kept on moving at my same speed. So yeah I think I saw that. I'm sure the servers are getting hammered hard right now, there's hundreds of thousands of players online at the same time.
I can confirm this happens on PC. Had it happen 3 times.
Seconded. Had it happen multiple times last night.

Glad to know I'm not alone!

Oct 31, 2017
I fkn love this game

I ended up playing with my buddy who just got the game, it must have been his 3rd, 4th, 5th match maybe. Our other friend was only a little more experienced (level 6-7).

Had a fairly quiet time looting until we got pinned between 2 squads near Skulltown. I died. The other experienced guy died. And it was just our super newbie friend left in the middle of 2 squads having an ult filled firefight. I wrote off the match there, but he stayed in it by hiding behind a rock and waiting.

The two squads were still fighting right near our spawn banners and the timer was going down. With about 10-15 seconds to spare on our banners our newbie friend sneaks up to them, extracts our banners and got out without being seen.

We spawned in (somehow uncontested despite a small circle at this point) and did our best to pick up the leftover loot from already looted areas when we got jumped again. This time newbie and the other guy got knocked, and I had a flatline and a EVA with no reserve ammo. I somehow ended up killing all 3 of the squad that attacked us with like 3 bullets to spare. Felt like a god.

Fortunately they had great loot, including a yellow chest (finishing an enemy gives you shields back). With one squad left my team managed to kill one, distract another for me to down them, but taking off my entire shield and a bunch of health in the process. Took the risk and did the finish animation. Got the shield back, and outgunned the last guy.

CHAMPION

Yeah, I was down on this simply because it felt (and still kind of feels tbh) like classic Titanfall game design has died for this game, but after playing it the last few nights, as someone who has never really been interested in the Battle Royale games due to how they've appeared from a game mechanics perspective, I'm really enjoying this.

I had a pretty similar game to what you describe last night.

I also was playing with a friend and we had a third random player. I sucked in this game and had been constantly getting downed and caught without gear/weapons/items. I spent the majority of the game spectating and was actually respawned in TWICE.

The second respawn came at the very tail end of the match as we were down to the final/penultimate ring I think. I get dropped in and it's my squad against another, fighting it out for glory right at the end. I get dropped in and I have nothing, which was pretty much the name of the match for me in general. Find a Peacekeeper shotgun and a few shells left in a chest right where I drop in.

My buddy and the other guy are fighting with the other team and I'm not really sure what to do as I have literally nothing but a shotgun, so I try to just play super cheeky. My two teammates get dropped and they start zeroing in on me and I pop out and take down the last two guys in a 1 v 2 gunfight with nothing but that shotgun and my ability to strafe.

My only two kills and productive moments of action in that whole match were literally at the last possible moment and it was just enough to save the team. If I hadn't have been respawned that second time right at the end, we would have lost. It felt so clutch it was insane.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Thank god. Discovered that it's not just me with the audio glitches - seems many Sony TV models are affected.

cluk

May 22, 2018
This game is GOOD. I am addicted. You know you like a game when you go to sleep thinking about it.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Got another win yesterday. Kills were split quite even with 5, 4, 3. I got three because I was the close range of the group. None of us had mics and just relied on the ping system. This show you that even with basic communication smart players can really work well as a team.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I play with my friend he keeps having connectivity issues with the game. It will kick him out of the game AND the party we are in on PSN.

The weird thing is this happens in literally no other game. Not Fortnite, PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege etc, so I'm starting to think it's some weird error going on with the game.

RebornYeti

Oct 28, 2017
After having realized Apex defaults to using the integrated graphics instead of the Nvidia GPU in laptops, my game runs so smooth now! Like, I was honestly tempted to purchase Xbox Live just so I can at least play it on the One lol.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think a big problem with close / mid range firefights right now is that there are only a few guns that can drop someone from 200 HP when accounting for reasonable errors in accuracy.

If we have only 80% accuracy (which is quite high, but potentially realistic for a close ranged firefight) then the SMGs struggle to kill their target.

That means you need to reload or switch weapon, which is problematic because that drastically increases the time to kill.

As a result, you're better off using weapons with higher damage/higher minimum capacity, regardless of range.

The spitfire, devotion and R301 outperform SMGs, even up close because they have better odds to drop a guy without needing to reload.

Not only that, but those weapons actually hit like a truck anyway. They have high-single shot damage which is important when peeking / taking quick shots at people at mid-range, and minimal recoil which means they can be used up to mid-long range.

Titanfall 2 had balance issues but they weren't as prominent because of the low time to kill. You can make anything work in Titanfall 2, but here we have entire categories of weapon which are, in my opinion, not that effective.

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
Holy crap, finally everything clicked with my friends and I. Doing a battle with another squad, I jumped off the bridge into a clearing picked off two. Their third member came through guns blazing, but I had no more ammo!

Suddenly my friend, who was Wraith yells he created a portal and jumped down, shot the other end and teleported us on the top of the bridge...shit was pretty epic!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I'm actually going to try to get into a BR game. Is this really true that people don't care? I mean I don't play like a jerk, I stick with the team, try to be useful, have a endgame MMORPG background (which is why I'm loving the class roles), and all that jazz.
I don't mean 'no one cares' in the sense that no one is trying and everyone's just running around like assholes for 20 minutes, I was speaking more to the sense that if you do great, great but everyone forgets by the next match, if not, whatever, everyone forgets by the next match, and specifically regarding the post I was responding to, things like your kill stats mean nothing to anyone but yourself so it's not worth getting worked up over. Personally, I changed my stat tracker to something useless as soon as I figured out how.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, finally everything clicked with my friends and I. Doing a battle with another squad, I jumped off the bridge into a clearing picked off two. Their third member came through guns blazing, but I had no more ammo!

Suddenly my friend, who was Wraith yells he created a portal and jumped down, shot the other end and teleported us on the top of the bridge...shit was pretty epic!

These are the stories I love reading

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
I think once I get the sensitivity and brightness settings sorted. I keep playing with the response curves and feel I'm getting closer to an ideal sensitivity on Xbox, but it's still not quite right yet. Hopefully I get that sorted soon.

Brightness is a little different...whatever I set it to, it either seems a bit too dark, or washed out on my monitor. I'll keep playing with it too.

That and any more Xbox people that would like to squad up would be lovely. :)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
On PC: how do you fix sounds only playing when you face the direction they're coming from?

Dec 18, 2017
Dope game, got my first win a night ago on a team hard carrying me(I was essentially just there to revive my teammates). Realized that unlike TF2, I actually like the shotguns in this.

Bring back the Volt, and someone who can wallrun, and this game is literal perfection. Respawn did it again.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
Took some getting used to for Pathfinder's grapple because the physics work differently than in TF2, but it's got a really good pull to launch you vertically.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When will these devs stop lying to us??

lol

I never said lie, there is multiple people working on the game, there might be missinformation in their end, there might be bugs and who knows what.
Im sure they have same speed if dev says so but not 100% sure before its tested because the illusion what they give is so good that different heroes have different speed.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got my first won with 6 kills, feels good.

Circles get small pretty quick at the end. I had 9 thermite grenades and spammed them at the last squad while we rushed them down. This experience has also made the Scout my new favorite gun, there's almost no recoil!

Dec 18, 2017
Have you tested it yourself or have some video where its tested then?
Dude, if you ever run alongside your teammates, at full speed with no weapons in hand, you'll very quickly notice everyone keeps pace because everyone has the same run speed. It's like Overwatch: Rein feels slow because he's huge and has big head bobs, where Genji is way shorter and bobs in small movements. Yet both have the exact same walking speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.