• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know what's up with people in this game sometimes.

Me: I spotted an enemy
Them : LEEEROOY JENKINSS

Then my teammates rush in and get killed. Great.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sneak up on a guy, land over 20 SMG shots between upper body and head, only do about 100 damage. He turns around and kills me with a burst despite being shielded. Good to know people are already using exploits.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to start penalizing people and forcing them to wait before they can queue again.

I suspect players are not yet used to the ability to respawn in a battle royale game if they're coming from PUBG / Fortnite. I myself left the first few games I played when I died out of reflex before I remembered that this game has a respawn mechanic.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Sneak up on a guy, land over 20 SMG shots between upper body and head, only do about 100 damage. He turns around and kills me with a burst despite being shielded. Good to know people are already using exploits.
Damage is static across all armor, and just 20 SMG body shots with any SMG would kill someone even if they had full purple gear, because all SMGs hit for at least 10. I think the auto-pistol does exactly 10, and that should be the lowest, although it doesn't even really count as an SMG. Headshot bursts happen though. I think the Hemlock headshots for around 50, so a burst might do you in if you have white armor and he connects all 3.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Any word on when this will be playable in Asian territories? Or do you just to need VPN the download. South Korea specifically. My friend is getting a permissions/region lock error

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
SMGs are the tickle cannons (Starcraft) of this game it seem.

This is the first BR that I played more than 1 game in. I suck though. Having classes and a straight forward gameplay flow helped. My first game I my team made it to second place, but mainly by luck. I was the only one to get a kill, we crossed no one until the final circle and got mowed down with their awesome loot.

I mainly wanted to play for an attempt of getting a cool skin, but the skins so far don't seem that interesting. Coming from Epic's Paragon, this was a letdown.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Finally got my first win and it was very anticlimatic. Dropped with my two friends in a secluded corner of the map to explain the mechanics and loot to one of them who was playing his first match ever. We were all distracted and didn't even realize the final circles had come to us and there were only two teams left and all we had to do was shoot a Duo running into our compound.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FYI you can die from having a care package land on you. My friend was playing the healer and killed himself accidentally, it doesn't even down you either it just straight up kills you lol.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody on PC having to reset your display mode every time you re-open the game? Pretty darn annoying.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having so much fun with this. Was playing As Wraith with 2 groups left. All my team was down but they were able to take my warp while downed and get to safety where I got them up quickly to win the game!! I felt useful especially since I'm bad at the shooting part haha.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
FYI you can die from having a care package land on you. My friend was playing the healer and killed himself accidentally, it doesn't even down you either it just straight up kills you lol.
I tried this in the tutorial, I guess you're in invincible mode there. Makes sense though. You can friendly fire on some other ults too apparently.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

I had a game today where a dude dropped the missile strike on himself and both downed and finished himself in the final squad v squad situation. He was also the only one talking on a mic and his reaction was hilarious, because it was his first time playing the character, he was trying to zone the enemy out and wasn't sure if it would do friendly damage or not. I wasn't even mad we lost the 2v3, I was laughing so hard.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, there's a little warning symbol. You can kill enemies with lifeline's ult too.

S_Dev

Oct 26, 2017
Someone was reviving me on a moving loot barge, and we were floating in mid-air while the barge flew away, after the revive was finished we just fell to the ground. So weird.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
They really should tweak the weapon spawn algorithm. I'm dropping by myself in mid-tier loot areas and only finding an auto-shotty/smg and tons of attachments that don't fit my gun.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone was reviving me on a moving loot barge, and we were floating in mid-air while the barge flew away, after the revive was finished we just fell to the ground. So weird.

That happened to me as well. Somehow on the loot shop me and the other guy both downed each other his friend comes and revive him and they fall off floating away my buddy the comes and does the same for me and we fly away. We both dropped same place as the other guys so the fight wasn't over lol.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've not posted in this thread again because this game is SO much fun.

the fun I have reminds me of halo 2 MP times. It's the first time in YEARS that I send another person a message after a match, saying thank you for the good team work.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Really enjoying this game, but man I really want solos. I know it's been said probably a billion times but I'm sure it'll come down the line.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this game, but man I really want solos. I know it's been said probably a billion times but I'm sure it'll come down the line.

Extremely unlikely. Duos and 4 player squads are more likely.

It's impossible to properly balance this game for solo due to the unique character abilities.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I've not posted in this thread again because this game is SO much fun.

the fun I have reminds me of halo 2 MP times. It's the first time in YEARS that I send another person a message after a match, saying thank you for the good team work.
It is a very fun game , it's all I've been playing since it came out, I don't log on BFV or BO4 anymore lol. I never do this EVER, but for once I felt like encouraging and supporting a free to play game and made a purchase of 25$ worth of coins.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
That reminds me of a bug I saw the other day. Guy died immediately when hitting the ground. I would run over, grab the beacon, respawn them and boom, same thing, died immediately on impact. Think we did it 3 times before it was clear he was bugged somehow. He said the game told him he was out of bounds every time, lol.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Up until now I've enjoyed BR games enough to play them with friends, but not to the point where I'd say I enjoyed them over any other traditional MP experience (ex: most of my solo time in Black Ops 4 has been spent in the MP, rather than Blackout), but holy hell is this fun! I still have to get used to the feel of the game since I keep wanting to do some Titanfall 2-style bunny hops, but man this is just so fun. The team play is fantastic, and the ping system is brilliant. The characters have so many opportunities to sync abilities that I can't wait to master them, like really knowing how to maximize my use of the abilities. And there are just so many good design choices that add up very quickly to a great experience, like one person picking when to leave, the picking characters screen, no waiting in a lobby, synchronized drops, seriously everything about the ping system is amazing, map environments actually being fun for fights because of the geometry, replacing weapons automatically applies attachments, banners that display the best player and the announcer declaring the current killmaster. I am floored, and I haven't even had the chance to revive / be revived.

Respawn knocked it out of the park on this one. Not that I doubted them, but I really wasn't expecting to find a BR game that I loved enough to feel a jolt after every match. I really should have played this before midnight instead of after

Quick edit: I also trust Respawn to provide some great live service for this title as well. They did such a good job with Titanfall 2: new maps / remakes, a new titan, changing to a 3-weapon system, frontier defense, and the live fire mode. I'm ready for whatever is in store

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
The map is too big, or the playercount is too small, there's too much running until you find someone, I've had several rounds now where it's just my squad mindlessly running to one spot, waiting for the circle to constrict, then moving to that spot.

Also there are times when you can go up to 3-4 minutes without a real weapon, they seem to be spread thinner in parts of the map than your standard Battle Royale.

I'm not a huge BR fan, I'm really hoping they develop more traditional modes in this game like Team Deathmatch or FFA, the engine is pretty looking, and the gunplay(when I get to do some) seems fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I had the same problem, closing origin after a match seemed to fix it. Once I restarted it took my local save and no more error. Hope that helps!
I clicked on Play Anyway and it took off normally, then I played a match, quit the game and still gave that error. Weird. But I guess since it is a online only game there shouldnt be any problem with a local save file, but who knows. Thanks for your input :)

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Game got WAY harder compared to day 1, at least on PC. Seems people got a lot smarter about flanking and knowing when to rush squads vs holding spots.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I was really enjoying this game and now it seems like I'm playing with nothing but absolute pros or something and getting bad drops 10+ games straight.
This really needs matchmaking or I'm not going to play this much longer.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
You're so incredibly boned when you're caught between 2 squads, and it happens all the time since opportunistic squads go towards gunfire to try and bully the weakened survivors or pincir one side are looking to do just that. Makes me want to just hug the wall after winning my landing zone every game but that's so booooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.