• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Easily the best BR game out. I had an absolute blast playing for the last few hours. The ressurect mechanic is awesome when you clutch out a win as the last man standing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bd4Ajny.jpg

Exclusive screenshot of me getting downed first in the team with randoms.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May I ask on what platform you play? From talking to friends, browsing reddit and so on it feels like people are less likely to be picked up on console than on pc.

Xbox One. It really depends, every now and then I get a great team that sticks together, pings out everything, revives, takes the banners, etc. etc.. But far too often everyone runs around like a headless chicken like on Fortnite. At least they've got the excuse of following challenges there, here they have no reason to go Rambo, and yet so many people do unfortunately.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Pathfinder is by far the weakest Legend in my opinion.

No way! All of its abilities are great. Seeing the next circle is a huge advantage, the ziplines can get you out of some really sticky situations and allow you to be very aggressive, and the grapple is extremely useful too. The best player I've seen so far, who got 15 kills alongside my friend and I getting six between us, was playing Pathfinder to perfection.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about it "Apex legends" is a very apt name for a BR game. "Apex" itself works by definition, throw "legends" in there and you get some slight resonance with the popular "league of legends"

Day 3 now, and it's still killing it on twitch, conspiracies about streamers being paid to promote on day 1 are falling apart.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Won my first game last night, and first BR-match ever. #FeelsGood

Respawn has done marvelous work and I can see myself sticking with this game for quite some time.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish the thumbnails on the main page next to each thread could be set to an icon for the topic. e.g. the Apex Legends logo.

Finding it annoyingly hard to spot the thread in the list when I'm having a quick browse.

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get an epic (gold) sniper scope that highlighted enemies in bright red, it was extremely useful. I need that shit all the time.

Oct 27, 2017
My random group got 2nd place last night. I feel like I am making progress. The group I was with went to land on the supply ship along with two other groups. I ended up missing the landing and fell off the side so I grabbed the nearest weapon and waited for people to start jumping. Killed 3 people as they came off the ship, felt good.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Xbox One. It really depends, every now and then I get a great team that sticks together, pings out everything, revives, takes the banners, etc. etc.. But far too often everyone runs around like a headless chicken like on Fortnite. At least they've got the excuse of following challenges there, here they have no reason to go Rambo, and yet so many people do unfortunately.
Ah, I see. While I played quite a lot already, it's obviously not enough to make bigger judgements yet, but on PC I've only had 1 bad experience and that was when I got matched with a premade duo that flat-out ignored me, wasn't too happy with that as I helped them. But I'm interested now in other people's experience with that so far, preferably mentioning the platform you're playing on

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No way! All of its abilities are great. Seeing the next circle is a huge advantage, the ziplines can get you out of some really sticky situations and allow you to be very aggressive, and the grapple is extremely useful too. The best player I've seen so far, who got 15 kills alongside my friend and I getting six between us, was playing Pathfinder to perfection.

I don't know. If you are good with the grapple hook I can see that as useful, but the range of that is way too weak and the ulti is very situational. It's also very fiddly to use and it's almost only useful for getting away, not to an opponent because he could use it too immediately.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The ping system definitely solves my issue with voice chat, in which I can't fucking understand half of european accents speaking english and they can't understand mine

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't know. If you are good with the grapple hook I can see that as useful, but the reach of that is way too weak and the ulti is very situational. It's also very fiddly to use and it's almost only useful for getting away, not to an opponent because he could use it too immediately.
I've seen a lot of the top tier streamers use Pathfinder and wipe entire teams by getting the height advantage on them.
Do not underestimate how huge it can be to use a uipline up to a cliffside platform to flank the team out of their cover.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the game needs a few more descriptions for each weapon to highlight their quirks, for example the rising RPM of the Devotion. I know all the weapons from Titanfall already, but newcomers could be turned off of using a weapon by losing because they don't understand why their weapon didn't work like they imagined.

It will get especially problematic when they add the L-Star, unless they totally rework that weapon from Titanfall 2.

Oct 26, 2017
Played for a fair few hours yesterday. Much prefer it to Fortnite mainly due to the actually satisfying aiming. Think I'm level 9ish, only really played Wraith. Got 30 odd kills I think.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm still playing this in March, I'm definitely getting a battle pass to support the game.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
The cinematic kills on downed players and WAY too long, and as far as I can tell you cant cancel it

I guess thats the trade off for it being a OHKO

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Neat game. Feels really good to move & shoot, but I'd expect no less from Respawn. Unfortunately team-based MP experiences with constant communication/coordination needed to get the most out of matches aren't what I'm looking for these days, so I don't see myself putting much more time into this unless Solo BR is added. Considering that seems to be the opposite of what they're going for here I'm not holding my breath, but I'll still be rooting for this to do well.

Great moment discovering my precious Devolution is in this.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
The more I think about it "Apex legends" is a very apt name for a BR game. "Apex" itself works by definition, throw "legends" in there and you get some slight resonance with the popular "league of legends"

Day 3 now, and it's still killing it on twitch, conspiracies about streamers being paid to promote on day 1 are falling apart.
Eh I don't think it says anything about staying power when it hasn't even been a week. I mean the game is great so that's the expectation, but we all know how fickle multiplayer populations can be nowadays. Streamers or no streamers there's always something new around the corner. And didn't Respawn themselves say that they were having streamers showcase on launch? What's the conspiracy then? That they can't be sponsored while also genuinely enjoying the game?

Last edited:

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Shroud has played it like 15 hours for 2 days in a row and said it's everything he wished Blackout was and more.

Obviously early hype and all and he was involved in private testing, but still he seems to really enjoy it. JackFrags on youtube was very positive too.

Regardless of the quality of the game, guys like Jackfrags are "EA gamechangers", you won't be getting a critical review out of someone like that because they don't want to threaten their status.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes. There is nothing like that in PUBG and there shouldnt be anything like that in this game.
That's a weird opinion. PUBG has nothing to do with this game and the Executions are just fun little things you are supposed to do when you got the time for it or when you can get your shield back with them.
Oh also to really rub it into an opponent that you just got them.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this is dumb, but how do you select DATA CENTERS on PC?
I read something about it in this thread but could not find the option.

Also had the first game yesterday that started me in a solo squad. Did not make it long into that game.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
They need to shuffle lootzones. Not randomize it but move them around every match makes things a lot more unpredictable. Would seriously improve having to fight in the same place for loot over and over.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The muzzle flash on some of the guns is way too much. Can't see what I'm shooting half the time in close range fights though I think visibility in general could use some work.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
wow the dynamic res doing wonders on PC. I had drops to mid 40's before but now im at a locked 60 without drops

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of the quality of the game, guys like Jackfrags are "EA gamechangers", you won't be getting a critical review out of someone like that because they don't want to threaten their status.

He has been critical of BF1 in the past and BFV lately so I don't see why he would not be critical of this. He has already said he does not like the ammo drop amounts and I agree with him. Since he is so good at shooters on PC I think there are elements of these games that he does not address since they don't effect him, but I believe he is fair overall.

I'm not a fan of BR games but this game feels good so far. Like other F2P titles, we need to give it a couple months to see if it has staying power and how Respawn handles future support and balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.