• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Personally I think the TTK is fine but perhaps the TTK and default ammo count aren't fine. Assault rifles with 18 bullets feel quite weak overall.

Often, if a guy has full shields, I won't even down one guy with a single clip. That can make gunfights feel a little silly, as you dance around and reload.
Extended mags are hugely important here. The 18 round Hemlock can go to around 30 I believe which makes a massive difference.

I feel that over time we'll get better with ammo management. Ammo takes up space in Apex whereas in most other major BR's we're used to farming ammo due to it not taking an inventory slot. Coming into Apex there's an adaption curve in that regard so I think that's often to blame currently for many folks struggling with ammo.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
I played 6-7 matches and needless to say I got completely destroyed....the start in these types of games is always rough,since you need to get accustomed with the loot,the map and the shooting etc...

It seems like a good game,but I hate the time needed to invest to be competitive.

What? I don't understand this at all. Literally everyone started playing yesterday... nobody has invested any time into being competitive yet. Maybe this style of game just isn't for you?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Played it for 2 hours and had a good time. I am not a friend of the battle royale concept and the usual problems kicked in pretty fast. Like long downtimes, stupid RNG, too much long range/cover/heal boring battles. But it can get pretty intense at times and the weapons feel great thanks to the Titanfall-feeling. The game also feels really polished for a multiplayer only game that is only one day out.

But oh boy is this also a missed opportunity. WHERE ARE THE TITANS? Would have been such a great twist on the whole BR formular.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you can get skins for a character before you unlock them

i got a legendary skin for Caustic and havent bought him yet

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
you can get skins for a character before you unlock them

i got a legendary skin for Caustic and havent bought him yet
Yeah. that's how it usually goes in this games.

Heck, my partner and I were playing earlier (he with Wraith and I with Mirage) and he got stuff for Mirage and I got stuff for Wraith. XD

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand the constant complaining about about the game not having a solo mode, the mechanics and abilities clearly are made in mind for teamwork based combat, there's are plenty of solo Battle Royale games if you want that.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This is probably going to be my go to game for 2019 if I need to crank up the action. Used Bangalore's smoke screen and a shotgun during the match. For some reason when I fired the smoke screen against a player in an open field ,I was able to run in to the smoke while he was going through it and killed him , and two others came rushing into help him, they did not see me and I killed em. Favorite character so far, and can be quite OP for ambushes.

Damn I know this is EA, and not Titanfall 3, but I might just go and buy a couple of coins just to support Respawn. I really dislike Battleroyale games, but the way the map, and the game works is great. They even retained small parkour elements like climbing up buildings when pressing jump near a wall, or sliding.

The game has me hooked, and the heroes aka Legends are actually fun to play with their abilities, unlike in Blops where the whole thing feels un-natural to begin with.

The one thing I'm thinking of is maybe EA decides to just incorporate Titanfall 1 and 2 into one big Titanfall Original MP mode, and with the campaign of 1 and 2 as a freebie. I really hope EA does not mess this up, cause this could be a golden goose for them.

PS: I feel sorry for Anthem wooof. This took the wind out of it for me.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so impressed by the level of detail on the map. I'm constantly finding new areas, or new wrinkles on areas I'm already somewhat familiar with. It feels a series of polished focused multiplayer maps stitched together really well instead of a lot of open expanses of nothing with some hubs full of buildings dotted around the place.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I will say the movement causes it to be very difficult to consistently track players while shooting, it's the same thing in Blackout.

CoD/Titanfall are traditionally played on Quake style smaller maps so it can get away with it, but translating that to wide open areas across 100's of metres etc it's rather challenging! Hopefully it will just take some getting used to, but I much prefer the movement speed in Fortnite.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Jesus, I'm having really severe problems with the server connections. On every console. I'm tired to change data centers.
Am I the only one?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First win and then round after round with near instant death.
I guess I have to watch some more twitch to better understand this, I'm new to the BR party.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Played for a few hours tonight with two friends. Surprisingly fun and well done. This might steal some time from Fortnite for sure.

I do have one big complaint though, game is UGLY. The art direction looks like it was randomly generated or something.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
Throwing this up in the OP, thanks!
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Just read it post cant wait to jointhe discord

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
So am I the only one on PC with extreme audio issues? I literally can't hear anything I am looking at because it's playing the audio through a non-existent middle speaker when I only have either headphones or a standard 2.1 setup.

To localize gunfire I need to turn the camera back and forth to narrow it down because I can only hear it when it's turned away from me. :(

Just wanted to say I finally found out what the problem was. There's apparently a setting in Windows in the audio device menu when you right click on the device and select "configure speakers". For some reason both of my audio devices were set to 5.1 in there but there was no way to see that anywhere else. So after changing them both to stereo my audio is now coming through like it should in-game.

This is the first game that has ever done this though and there should be an option in the game to manually select your audio output.

Finally I won't have a huge disadvantage when trying to figure out where people are. :D

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I will say the movement causes it to be very difficult to consistently track players while shooting, it's the same thing in Blackout.

CoD/Titanfall are traditionally played on Quake style smaller maps so it can get away with it, but translating that to wide open areas across 100's of metres etc it's rather challenging! Hopefully it will just take some getting used to, but I much prefer the movement speed in Fortnite.
Yeah, I'm terrible at tracking people myself. Bloodhound's ult is great for that, highlights all enemies in red and gives you super speed. There's a yellow 1x sight that does the same thing too, although only within the sight.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I am "unable to connect to EA servers" on Xbox One. I don't see anyone saying they are having issues, but I can't be the only one, right? And of course, this is my very first impression of the game, having fired it up for the first time.

EDIT
Never mind. Changing my data center to a close city did the trick.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand the constant complaining about about the game not having a solo mode, the mechanics and abilities clearly are made in mind for teamwork based combat, there's are plenty of solo Battle Royale games if you want that.
Eh, having more options is always nice. I generally only have one friend around and free at any given time so the times I'll play this game will be few and far between. It looks cool from the videos I've seen though.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
So, this is disappointing: Have played a few games today with pubs. Every single time one of them has died, they've immediately disconnected. I was really glad that this wasn't happening yesterday; this is gonna be bad for the game if people keep doing it, i think.

Also, WAY more annoying voice chat. Gamers are bad

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, having more options is always nice. I generally only have one friend around and free at any given time so the times I'll play this game will be few and far between. It looks cool from the videos I've seen though.

Why don't you just jump in and play? I've played 30+ games in the last two days and not once was I queued up with a buddy. I've got 9 wins and added a few new people to my friends list. Not one griefer or moron yet

don't be scared

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you just jump in and play? I've played 30+ games in the last two days and not once was I queued up with a buddy. I've got 9 wins and added a few new people to my friends list. Not one griefer or moron yet

don't be scared
Me and a friend may dip a toe tonight, but for every person with your experience there's another saying how bad the fandoms have been for them in here. That's just the dice roll with random fills and it has always frustrated me in other games.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
There is literally nothing cooler as Pathfinder than grappling past a pole, doing a long ass slide and shotgunning a squad to death. I just like the movement in this game.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
So, this is disappointing: Have played a few games today with pubs. Every single time one of them has died, they've immediately disconnected. I was really glad that this wasn't happening yesterday; this is gonna be bad for the game if people keep doing it, i think.

Also, WAY more annoying voice chat. Gamers are bad

I think maybe people are new and don't know about the respawn capabilities.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Despite having the standard features of a BR game that I hate(I will never, ever like the beginning hunt for a weapon), this is the first game in the genre that I actually find fun to play. Movement and gunplay is nice, the TTK is fine(though I would add my voice to those complaining somewhat about magazine sizes), and the character abilities really add some great spice to the mix without being a bunch of instakill nonsense.

But, pretty please, can't I just start with a shitty sidearm at least?

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add my voice to the chorus of those saying it's the first BR have that has properly grabbed them. Gave it a "try" after work, 4 hours later I had to tear myself away. Awesome work Respawn.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Just got the final two kills, hit Alt-Z for the record annnd Shadowplay was turned off. MAAAAANNNNN. I'm so salty.

Fake edit. Game needs a replay feature >:(

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've sucked at multiplayer. The ONLY game that I understood, and was somewhat good in, was Gears of War. This looks fun, but I know I'm just gonna get murdered.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm scurd. Real scurd.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
unlocking new characters is too slow. I guess it's fair there are only 2 of them now and they gotta eat.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
man...came in second, was the last man standing from our squad, enemy squad had 2 left, i kill one, his partner sneaks up behind me and shots me down. argh!

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I am "unable to connect to EA servers" on Xbox One. I don't see anyone saying they are having issues, but I can't be the only one, right? And of course, this is my very first impression of the game, having fired it up for the first time.

EDIT
Never mind. Changing my data center to a close city did the trick.

How do you change data centres?

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I liked the game but hey, the first hours are a mess, it took me a while matches to understand something. A playground/better tutorial is a must imho.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Is the engine friendly for low end PC, or is it pretty demanding ?
Else I'll go for console, but if somewhat playable I'll try it for the sake of mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.