• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Using RB on the Xbox to call out items or mark a new location is the best new thing to come to the BR games. No more calling out land marks for items.
Yeah it's great and something i'm actually really surprised no one else making BR thought of (I assume BF's BR would have at least had it in some form though, considering they've had a ping system in most their game) makes playing with randoms really easy. Though it does make the smoke bombs kinda useless, as you can ping people through it.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

I think this is the right thing for the Discord? Lets see!

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
I'm wondering why people are asking for solo, I think that this game really shines with the concept of 3 heroes teams.

And with the really good ping system its easy to communicate.

I fear that solo play would make certain heroes pretty useless like Lifeline and others really OP like Gibraltar for example.

Agreed. Have they even mentioned they are planning to include solos/duos ?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried the voice chat to text option in the settings and have it work?

I'm really curious about it.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
On xbox has anyone else noticed they left in what I think is some place holder text if you are at the home screen? If you are at the lobby screen, and you look at your friends list, it says you are in Lorem Ipsum, which is common programmer place holder text lol

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The loot on the ship isn't THAT good honestly. pretty underwhelming...

also for some reason it's so laggy on the ship, I don't know why.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

Thanks for this!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I like that this game didn't go for a low TTK like most other BRs (if you have shields anyway). Feels like you have more of a fighting chance most times.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The ping mechanic is so well-designed that playing alone, even without using a mic, is totally viable and fun.
Yes it is! And I'm so surprised that people actually follow it.

I had such a blast playing with fandoms. My squads were mostly sticking together, surveying, following the "defense" orders that I'd give and they'd spread out to watch every flank. It's so effective and amazing, that I'm surprised Overwatch doesn't go in depth besides the "Group here!" or "Understood" garbo commands.

Pinging is super revolutionary here. You can ping weapons and items and they'll actually call out the name and it's rarity. You can ping dead players or spawn beacons, you can ping LZ, you can ping enemies, you can ping and request ammo, whatever you desire and most of the time the team will still together and follow.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Interesting game. My first BR game ever, just wiped a full squad by myself. I have no idea what's happening.

Why are people so bullet spongey? Just how it is? Is it the armor giving damage reduction or some such?

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is! And I'm so surprised that people actually follow it.

I had such a blast playing with fandoms. My squads were mostly sticking together, surveying, following the "defense" orders that I'd give and they'd spread out to watch every flank. It's so effective and amazing, that I'm surprised Overwatch doesn't go in depth besides the "Group here!" or "Understood" garbo commands.

Pinging is super revolutionary here. You can ping weapons and items and they'll actually call out the name and it's rarity. You can ping dead players or spawn beacons, you can ping LZ, you can ping enemies, you can ping and request ammo, whatever you desire and most of the time the team will still together and follow.
Absolutely. I love that the on-screen indicator of pings isn't just "gun here", it shows the item itself and the color rarity. Really a simple but amazing mechanic.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ahhhhhhh just got 2nd place but we shoulda won.

We had the advantage but my teammates failed me. I downed one in the final circle already and they just fell apart. I got flanked taking out a second guy.

Damn.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I could see duos or quads being a lot of fun. And sixes, when they add more Legends. But solo would kind of defuse a lot of the game's mechanics.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting game. My first BR game ever, just wiped a full squad by myself. I have no idea what's happening.

Why are people so bullet spongey? Just how it is? Is it the armor giving damage reduction or some such?
Armor gives shields, basically more health. Not entirely sure if helmets are the same way? I assume those reduce headshot damage.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Few things.

1. I fucking LOVE that this game has FOV slider! I'm pumping it all the way to 110. So good!

2. I fucking LOVE the text to speech feature. More games need it.

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats up with the OT title? Sounds like something my 6 year old would say.

Anyways, Im looking forward to trying this out when I get back from a trip in another week. Titanfall 2 MP is one of the best multiplayer games out there, and it's nice to see some of that DNA here. Would be cool if they eventually add a solo mode with Titans eventually.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain

[Hidden content]

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Played my first match as Lifeline with a Bloodbound and the Maori guy and we ended up winning with me getting the Top Killer for the match haha. This game is unique for sure. I think I might have to put PUBG down for a bit and play this.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Fully charged armors add up to 100 extra health (base is 100), so running into an enemy with body armor means they'll have 150-200 health.

The bullet-spongey nature is just a design decision. CoD Blackout has a lower TTK right now while this is a little more in line with Fortnite's. Some people prefer lower TTK while others prefer higher. Personally, I'm in the higher camp since I feel like that offsets the "one life" nature of BR games and I tend to play a little more defensively. Aggressive players (in my experience) tend to favor the lower TTK since they're getting the drop on players more often.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn on where to play this game. PC or ps4. I'll be playing solo all the time. PC would probably run it the best. I wish there was cross progression. :(

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about buying the Founders pack to just get quick access to the other characters. Any impressions on them?

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Just won my first ever battle royale game in this, my 3rd match so far. Really cool game.

I might perhaps finally "get" the whole BR thing. The final 2 mins were utterly nerve wracking..... I am bloody shaking still.

I ended with 7 kills which is pretty good going I think! I will defo be playing more.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Played a couple of matches and had an absolute blast, even with random people. The pinging really is a fantastic addition. Lifeline was a pretty good starter hero, I'll probably stick with her for now.

Only thing I'd tweak so far is the ammo drops. Seems like I'm constantly out of ammo.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i am the fucking worst at this and i dont know why. literally havent gotten a single kill in a dozen games. i'm pretty damn good at fps but this is my first BR and i'm just struggling

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
The early parts of a match lags ALOT for me, would love to know my ping in this game but i dont see it anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
i am the fucking worst at this and i dont know why. literally havent gotten a single kill in a dozen games. i'm pretty damn good at fps but this is my first BR and i'm just struggling
Almost all of my engagements have been against full squads. Seems like if all three of your squad members are there, you're going to lose a fight.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The accessibility options in this game are off the damn chain

voice to text
text to voice
the contextual ping system making it super easy to communicate without any voice
color blind modes

then other bits like their built in dynamic res deal to get the framerate you want
add a surprise launch and you have a real good stew

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this game is fun. I haven't super been into BR yet, except for a couple week stint on Fortnite, but this one is something else. So much fun. I'm not incredible at it, but I can hold my own. I like a few of the heroes too, so it's not a massive pain if my first pick is taken. It's bizarre that they locked two of the worst ones behind paywalls/progression though. I unlocked them, and they're both not very fun.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I like that this game didn't go for a low TTK like most other BRs (if you have shields anyway). Feels like you have more of a fighting chance most times.

Yea, it really helps with having enough time to use your hero powers to change things around. The amount of ammo may need to be tweaked, but I haven't run into that many issues. I just need to get better at looting the right ammo, and choosing when to engage.

Status
Not open for further replies.