• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not my type of game but a great achievement never the less. Hopefully the success does not make then forget about all their other projects. If they do an Epic, that will be a little dissapointing.

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
It'll be interesting to know whether it's had any notable impact on the Fortnite player base? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the majority of the player base younger children?

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Pls. give us TDM or other modes. U ll get my money for packs or whatever.

I spent 100h+ hours on TF2 but population s low.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm sure the weekend will help with the players too.

There is nothing I'm looking forward to more than introducing some mates into the game.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
Hello ResetEra!

It's been a surreal few days for us. We love Apex and a big motivation for shipping it was just so we could finally go home and play it outside of playtests but wow. The response has been so overwhelming. I'm doing a million things right now and won't be able to answer many questions or talk with you all as much as I would like right now but, I just wanted to say thank you to this community.

I know everyone was super skeptical when the leak happened and I totally get that. I would have been too! Thanks so much for still giving us and Apex and chance. I've read many of the threads and OT and so have lots of folks on the team. We put so much of ourselves into the game and it was so hard to be so secretive about it, so it's really validating to see players enjoying it as much as we do.

So thanks for giving Apex a shot, thank you for all the kind words, the feedback, and the support. We're listening to it all.

Now we got a lot of work to do! Can't wait till you see all the stuff the team is jamming for this year.

Congratulations on the success. This certainly scratches a shooter itch I didn't know I had- so thanks for tapping in to that. I feel obliged to drop a few notes your way for the time I've invested and the enjoyment I've had so far.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IW/Respawn have never made a bad shooter. Think about that, guys. Think about the talent on that team. Hell, I bought an Xbox for the Titanfall beta.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
With Fortnite and this, I think competitive shooters at full price are going to have a tougher time going forward.Why spend 60 bucks on something, if there is a free high quality alternative that all of your friends might already be playing?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
With Fortnite and this, I think competitive shooters at full price are going to have a tougher time going forward.Why spend 60 bucks on something, if there is a free high quality alternative that all of your friends might already be playing?

Specially if the 60 bucks shooter have as many microtransactions and monetization stuff as the free ones.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018

With monetization models done right; I completely agree.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm having a hard time getting into the game. Just more stuff to keep in mind compared to Fortnite that I usually play.
On the other hand I've put in over 1000h in Fortnite, I probably found it just as complex in the beginning.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This is an absolute non issue if you have half a clue of what to do in Apex. The drops are very well balanced and also even if you had a pistol if you are bad enough to not find a gun I'm sure you'd get destroyed by someone who already has a shotty, so your "fix" makes no sense either.

I never said it was an issue nor that I said it's a problem in general, it's fine in other BR's but Apex's trying to be different and a change like this would have been cool, just that luck comes in to play when you drop and there's only heaps of ammo with no guns in sight and your neighbouring squad happens to drop on a heap of guns and blasts you while you only have your fists.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got my first win today. Had a good team. So much fun. Racking up 3 to 4 kills in every round . The game was polished at launch and no server issues so far. It's going to be a battle to get my friends to try this over fortnite but I'll keep ringing

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where have you been for the last 2 years lol. Almost every game nowadays is GaaS by description:

I mean, every game that has a continuous stream of content is GaaS single player, or multiplayer. It doesn't matter how long that content will ship, but getting support after release makes it a service.

I would say Hitman, Spiderman, Forza etc etc. all are GaaS.
You know exactly what I meant by GaaS.

A strictly single player game like Horizon, Spiderman or BotW that offers story expansion DLC does not make them comparable to Anthem, Destiny or Fortnite.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hello ResetEra!

It's been a surreal few days for us. We love Apex and a big motivation for shipping it was just so we could finally go home and play it outside of playtests but wow. The response has been so overwhelming. I'm doing a million things right now and won't be able to answer many questions or talk with you all as much as I would like right now but, I just wanted to say thank you to this community.

I know everyone was super skeptical when the leak happened and I totally get that. I would have been too! Thanks so much for still giving us and Apex and chance. I've read many of the threads and OT and so have lots of folks on the team. We put so much of ourselves into the game and it was so hard to be so secretive about it, so it's really validating to see players enjoying it as much as we do.

So thanks for giving Apex a shot, thank you for all the kind words, the feedback, and the support. We're listening to it all.

Now we got a lot of work to do! Can't wait till you see all the stuff the team is jamming for this year.

You guys really nailed it - I haven't clicked with BR yet, but Apex Legends finally made me "get it".

Long TTK, many accessibility & QoL features, game-changing ping system, super satisfying smooth moment to moment gameplay - it all adds up to something really special. Great work!

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

giphy.gif

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could play it :( I don't have XBL Gold, my PS4 is broke and its not on the Switch.

Ah well, maybe I'll try it when the next generation of consoles come.

machinaea

Game Producer
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

Congrats Jay and the team, I've been enjoying the game quite a bit and for all of the BRs I've tried, I think Apex resonates the most with me and I'm really glad to see that's it's been a success for you and that letting the game speak for itself has quieted down most of the toxic response that could've happened with a game like this. Can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the game!

Also do remember thank your systems team, it's been a quite while since I've seen a game manage such a growth this well technically, and having been there in the trenches myself, I can only applaud the wizardry and effort it must have taken for that to happen :)

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

Very happy for your success, Apex really is a wonderful game. I am sure you guys will deliver great content over time just like you did for TF1 and 2 (like Frontier Defense) :)

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Just played last night..definitely feels like one of, if not the best BR game, shooting feels good, like the different classes. Will play more for sure. I had a hard time getting into BR until now.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Specially if the 60 bucks shooter have as many microtransactions and monetization stuff as the free ones.
It's going to be so interesting to watch what happens with this year's Call of Duty. Will it have a single player campaign? Will Blackout mode be part of it? If it is, will it still be $60? Will Blackout be sold separately at some point?

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Yeah, its a winner for me, congrats to Respawn!

Desperate for more non BR specific modes though, as the gameplay/shooting feels fantastic and I never last very long : (

Nov 13, 2017
What I'm more excited about is whether an esport scene will develop out of Apex Legends. As it is squad-based, there will be various team composition and tactics that wouldn't have happened under BR games like PUBG and Fortnite.

I know of some notable steamers and pro players who left Fortnite because they felt Epic's support for the competitive scene and players who wanted to show case high skill play weren't as great as other games.

Hell, the fact there is a mention of a ranked system from data miners suggest they are already ahead of Fortnite.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Yep.

Single player FPS would still be able to take 60 bucks. Like DOOM and Titanfall 3.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
That's insane.

Congratulations to Respawn.

I've always wanted major devs/ publishers to experiment with a surprise launch like this. I imagine we'll see more of this in the future.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to trying a free to play game.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is "git gud" a banned meme? Because these "I ran around for 15 minutes then got sniped"-posts are just a series of self owns by people not willing to learn the ropes.
When someone uses that argument to dismiss BR games I just roll my eyes. If you're not enjoying the quiet looting part of BR by itself you're playing the wrong genre. I personally always love the thrill of entering a new unlooted house not knowing what I could find, or the social experience of raiding a fresh compound with friends as we gear each other up. I could never see it as a waste of time if I die in the first combat 10minutes later because I was enjoying what I was doing. I've been BR looting for many hundreds of hours and I'm not even close to being tired of it. The looting in Apex is even more fluid and fun mechanically which makes it even better, and it's so exciting when you hear one of the Apex pack robots nearby.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
That seems like a decent player count but i bet EA still isnt fully satisfied, because its EA and its greed knows no bounds

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I have no idea how we pulled that off either. Especially in the last few months when we had to start bringing in folks from outside Respawn to help execute the launch.
When things stabilize I hope you guys can work out the AMD CPU situation (apparently SSE4.1 and/or SSE3 like a couple of other games had at their launches but fixed). I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for skins and legends in the future.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

I'm just glad to see you guys finally getting the credit you deserve after Titanfall 2 was overlooked by so many.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blackout is crying and I'm glad if it dies. Treyarch and Activision should be ashamed.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

I was a massive TF2 fan so when I heard you guys were skipping TF3 for a BR game I was really disappointed because I hate BR games.....or at least I though I did. You guys have singlehandedly changed the way I see BR games. I hated PUBG, I hated Fortnite (with a passion), and I hated Blackout. I thought it was the concept that I hated, but apparently it was just the execution because I have not been able to get enough of Apex Legends the past few days. Between the gunplay, the polish, and the characters the game is just fantastic. Add onto that how smoothly you can transition between losing one game and dropping into the next one and the game is just addictive. The UI is amazing.

I am thoroughly looking forward to where you guys take it. You have earned my support for the foreseeable future.