• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
store.steampowered.com

Apex Legends™ - Apex Legends Launches on Steam on November 4th - Steam News

Play Apex Legends on Steam when Season 7 releases, and get free Valve-inspired weapon charms!

Apex Legends is officially coming to Steam when Season 7 launches on November 4, 2020. If you're new to Apex Legends, we can't wait to welcome you aboard. And if you've previously been playing on Origin, you can easily switch back and forth with Steam—all your account progression and unlocks will carry over between the two platforms. To celebrate the big event, Steam players will receive free exclusive Portal and Half-Life inspired gun charms for logging in during Season 7. Here's a preview of the Steam Release Exclusive Gun Charms.

ae146e34b9b578c5a78e99fdfe4b4ea1d900a5df.jpg

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Finally!

Do we still need to buy in-game currency to unlock the rest of the characters? The last time I played, I could only unlock some of the characters since they stopped giving out the currency when you reached certain levels.

OP
OP
lucebuce

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Finally!

Do we still need to buy in-game currency to unlock the rest of the characters? The last time I played, I could only unlock some of the characters since they stopped giving out the currency when you reached certain levels.
You do still unlock them with in-game currency. Don't know if it's of any use to you but they'll be offering something called the Champion Edition with the start of next season that'll contain all the heroes contained thus far, some Apex coins and exclusive skins.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally!

You don't stop getting Legend Tokens at max level and they also increased the level cap to 500. People who played a lot from the start often complain that they have ridiculous amounts of the legend currency and there's nothing to spend them on other than new legends.

It's now slightly easier to get your first 5 characters because you need less XP during the first 100 levels and you get a character every 20 levels.

They stop giving loot boxes (cosmetics only) when you get max level. Don't get into cosmetics in this game if you're not willing to start spending a lot.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
You do still unlock them with in-game currency. Don't know if it's of any use to you but they'll be offering something called the Champion Edition with the start of next season that'll contain all the heroes contained thus far, some Apex coins and exclusive skins.

Well that's a shame. And knowing EA, it'd be pretty expensive and they won't use regional pricing. At least the game shares cross-progression between Steam and Origin, so I don't have to grind for some currency again. Thanks for the reply!

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
You don't stop getting Legend Tokens at max level and they also increased the level cap to 500. People who played a lot from the start often complain that they have ridiculous amounts of the legend currency and there's nothing to spend them on other than new legends.

It's now slightly easier to get your first 5 characters because you need less XP during the first 100 levels and you get a character every 20 levels.

They stop giving loot boxes (cosmetics only) when you get max level. Don't get into cosmetics in this game if you're not willing to start spending a lot.
Wait, the level cap now is 500!? The last time I played, it was, maybe, 30 or 50? Damn, time flies lol
Getting a new character every 20 levels is really nice, and it's comforting to know that we can still get Legend Tokets after reaching the max level.
Thanks!

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I guess asking to transfer the Origin installation to Steam without redownloading the whole game is too much...?
I'm already using the Steam voice chat when I play because Origin doesn't have one and the in-game voice chat sucks.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jeeeez really took em AGES since announcement to do this. Hopefully this really boosts the PC population, even at the games peak finding games in Australia slowly became difficult (and outright impossible in Ranked)

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally! I can uninstall Origin, and Apex will actually download patches automatically! I could never, through any amount of tweaking, get Origin to download patches without me manually initiating the download.

That Octane headcrab charm is really great. They all look good.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Took its fucking time.

Thank god that it doesn't need Origin.

I've been wanting to try this again but I just didn't want to with Origin.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
No Origin? Hmm, I may jump back-in. Played a bit on PS4 around launch and enjoyed my stay.

They still have that dope tune playing when you drop? That shit was hype.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Did they explain why cross save doesn't work for console players? I put a lot of money and time in the ps4 version and want to start over really from scratch.