• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I started for the first time last week, it's fun, though my slightly laggy for me. Won a few games as well while being carried.

Yueezy

Dec 12, 2020
I got back to it since season 4, and it is the game I mostly play until now. And I think it will be bigger since Switch version is also around the corner and xbox will have free multiplay for f2p game. Now only thing I want is cross progression across all platform since I am playing on Steam at the moment, and will be playing it on Switch too. And I want to have my XB skins and everything on other platforms.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
So you can play this on Steam now and you dont have to use Origin? or does it launch it?

The menus always confused I could never get how to buy stuff like the heroes etc. like the cheapest way.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
So you can play this on Steam now and you dont have to use Origin? or does it launch it?

The menus always confused I could never get how to buy stuff like the heroes etc. like the cheapest way.
If my memory serves, you don't have to launch Origin. You only need to sign in to your Origin account in-game once.

You can pretty much unlock all Legends just by playing. Each legend costs you 12000 Legend Tokens and you can get 600 Legend Tokens every level or two levels (depending on your current level).

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's a great game that I'm absolutely horrible at. I still let it update though.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
After TF2 not being the hit it deserved to be I'm glad that this and Jedi have been hits. Especially apex because it has so much DNA shared with titanfall. If they make another titanfall they're probably gonna slap the apex name on it lol.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't this declared dead early on? It's found its legs for sure.

It suffered a lot when they released the first seasonal update I think, it was extremely underwhelming. Even while the game has got bigger since then, it felt like that was the moment it became clear it would always be in Fortnite's shadow - EA/Respawn weren't going to iterate it as aggressively.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Came back season 7 after being gone since S0.
My favorite FPS man i can't wait for them to add new modes

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Apart from addressing the quagmire that is the platinum rank, they have done fairly well with the game to this point. Horizon is now my main and sniping continuously proves to be a fun challenge.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
I poured a chunk of your when it launched.
Haven't touched it since.
Will give it a go.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Best BR for sure.
Surely the continued success will mean they invest in better servers / higher tickrate soon, right?...right?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I dropped Apex a while ago. Apex is a great game, but unfortunately my friends schedules don't always match with mine, so they were not always available to team up with me. I was getting sick of being matched with either selfish players that made no attempt at any teamwork, or tryhard players that would scream abuse at me when I didn't constantly rush other teams with them.

For those of you that have a friend or two to play with regularly, id recommend.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A really slick, competent game that I haven't touched since Warzone launched, but maybe I should go back?

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Getting back into the game made me rewatch the Giantbomb video when Apex was first unveiled and they were experiencing it for the first time (well, Brad had played it, but Jeff and Ben were seeing it fresh).

It was not only a bit nostalgic seeing the original King's Canyon map, it also was a stark reminder just how flat the UI used to look, and all the mechanics Apex brought that now just seem like no-brainers.

I had legit forgotten that Apex was the first BR game (that I'm aware of) to include a respawn mechanic. I just remember playing Fortnite, and once you were out, you were out. But things like that, the contextualized ping system, etc. It's incredible to think that that stuff wasn't there before, and the game is only two years old. Going back to Overwatch after Apex came out made it feel just so primitive.

That's weird, the guns sound better here.

If you listen to a lot of people on here then Apex dies every couple of weeks lol
Last time I've visited the official thread here it was mostly people complaining about the game and said they're quitting lol

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of the Destiny pvp community is picking up Apex recently. Surely somewhere in the mix of MAU are a bunch of us from Destiny 2 As of recent.

Destiny 2 was my main game before Apex took over. I was (and am) a big Titanfall 2 fan, so I decided to play once during Season 02 for the laugh. Now we're in Season 08 and I'm still playing, bar a bit of break during Season 05.

I am really enjoying this Season overall. Game feels like it's in a good spot right now, and the Anniversary event was great with some nice free rewards. The Takeover has been a breath of fresh air as well.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I played a lot of Apex when it first came out, into Season 1. I dropped off due to irl circumstances and just never ended up redownloading the game until last night.

I ended up playing a few rounds before work today, and had a ton of fun. I wish I hadn't stayed away for so long. Lol. As an avid Spitfire and Devotion main, I love that there's a character made to specifically buff them!

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love seeing Respawn succeed. Titanfall was such a blessing and I was worried, but the one two punch of Apex + Fallen Order secured their well being.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I absolutely love seeing Respawn succeed. Titanfall was such a blessing and I was worried, but the one two punch of Apex + Fallen Order secured their well being.
Yeah it's pretty dope. They seem to have the midas touch at the moment.

Loved Titanfall 2 and Apex is probably my most played game at the moment, it definitely has the "just one more match" quality that a lot of multiplayer games lack.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Really happy to see the game thriving, Respawn has done a great job and it's easily the best BR going imo. I really liked the gunplay and innovative BR ideas when it launched, but King's Canyon had issues and a few friends were still too hooked on Fortnite, so we never shifted over as a group. A friend and I still checked in here and there, but it wasn't until Olympus and duos becoming a standard queue that we really got hooked and started playing it as a main game. Olympus is their best map yet by far imo, but the new King's is very solid and we eventually grew to like World's Edge too.

I'm really happy with where the game is now generally, and they keep improving it in terms of map design, BR design, interesting mechanics/ideas, and characters. I think my only complaint honestly is just that their servers seem very unstable with their recent growth. Oh, and also the extremely greedy economy. The cosmetic prices and loot box system are just outrageous, frankly, and feel very un-Respawn (it feels very EA, but apparently they've said EA hasn't forced them to do anything, so I guess the blame is on them).

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Respawn consistency in delivering gems this gen is among the best. Well deserved, Apex made BR make sense to me lol

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Respawn consistency in delivering gems this gen is among the best. Well deserved, Apex made BR make sense to me lol

Oct 26, 2017
Best BR on the market. Hope EA doesn't make the next Battlefield BR to compete with themselves.

Also been playing it a ton more, last update is super good

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

It's true though, they're one of the few companies nowadays that have me excited for every new project.

I think I'm funny lol

And yes. Every time I play a game of theirs, there will be SOMETHING that I'm like...holy SHIT yes THANK YOU that is so common sense and other developers wouldn't do that.

Honestly my only miss from them so far is Titanfall 2's multiplayer. It's so meh to me, and they have way fewer maps than Titanfall 1, even though honestly on the whole Titanfall 1's maps where better. The ones they brought over were classic, but they honestly should have brought them all over. But the multiplayer just has other problems for me. For some reason shooting feels flat, and I hate all the shit on screen, coming from Titanfall 1 which was elegant and honestly just perfect in the UI space. It's still a good multiplayer though. It just didn't grab me. Do love the grappling hook though. Wish I loved the rest of it so I felt the desire to play more and get good at the grappling hook.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Best FPS on the market in terms of gameplay rn imo, worst monetization tho, can't buy what you want directly and theres stuff that only comes from overpriced lootboxes.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Honestly my only miss from them so far is Titanfall 2's multiplayer. It's so meh to me, and they have way fewer maps than Titanfall 1, even though honestly on the whole Titanfall 1's maps where better. The ones they brought over were classic, but they honestly should have brought them all over. But the multiplayer just has other problems for me. For some reason shooting feels flat, and I hate all the shit on screen, coming from Titanfall 1 which was elegant and honestly just perfect in the UI space. It's still a good multiplayer though. It just didn't grab me. Do love the grappling hook though. Wish I loved the rest of it so I felt the desire to play more and get good at the grappling hook.
They've shaken things up considerably from 1 to 2. It took me a while to get used to it and I also considered the first superior. However, the extra movement options are just too good. It just takes time to adapt.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I have been thinking about getting back into this with solo play coming. Do unlocks and stuff from Origin carry to Steam or am I stuck there?