• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I think posted this in another similar "Apex is fading" thread, but I thought that Fortnite might be setting a bad precedent as to expect how quickly a game like this can update thus players expectations are higher and will never be met by anything else. The "needs to update faster" thought is present here

Meanwhile https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/23/18507750/fortnite-work-crunch-epic-games

Epic sounds like they're in a Rockstar situation.

Last edited:

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I think posted this in another similar "Apex is fading" thread, but I thought that Fortnite might be setting a bad precedent as to expect how quickly a game like this can update thus players expectations are higher and will never be met by anything else. The "needs to update faster" though is present here

Meanwhile https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/23/18507750/fortnite-work-crunch-epic-games

Those QA stories sound exactly like what QA was like when I worked in it 15 years ago, don't do the "optional" overtime then say goodbye to your contract and probably your career.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I think posted this in another similar "Apex is fading" thread, but I thought that Fortnite might be setting a bad precedent as to expect how quickly a game like this can update thus players expectations are higher and will never be met by anything else. The "needs to update faster" thought is present here

Bingo. no one can match the speed at which Epic updates Fortnite and the sheer man power of it all. It is unsustainable tho, the only other team to do that kind of strictly regimented schedule was Tell Tale and we all saw how that unfolded.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Seriously, it takes me barely a few seconds to get matched into a full game.
Ya. I thinks it's lost momentum for sure and respawn really needs to do a 180 with there strategy. Then can still get the casuals back in becuase there buddy who's the sweat still plays it pretty regularly. The problem is how slow they are with updates. I made this complaint with cod and now here, but how hard is it to make modes?

I just want some shitty throwaway modes until the bigger grander stuff. Cod had some cool stuff now but they lost me before it started to come out. Respawn just needs to add sniper only, solo, and Mozambique only or something stupid. Just add those until we get the grand evenets like a titanfall mode. We gamers just need the slightest changes here and there to keep us interested.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think posted this in another similar "Apex is fading" thread, but I thought that Fortnite might be setting a bad precedent as to expect how quickly a game like this can update thus players expectations are higher and will never be met by anything else. The "needs to update faster" though is present here

People keep pointing to fortnite but I dont think fortnite is "the reason" why Apex is failing. Meaning,

A. I dont think a mass amount of players are dropping Apex and going BACK to fortnite.

B. I dont think update speed not matching fortnite is why people are quitting Apex.

I think its just a combination of many things and respawn is at fault for not being prepared/having a contingency plan for if their game is a massive success. Its like they just did not expect the successful so fast and didnt consider what to do if that were the case.

So its a combo of
1. Battlepass is trash (rewards suck and grind is way too crappy)

2. Hackers(when you constantly see the streamers deal with a hacker problem, it turns not only the streamers off from the game but people who watch the game too)

3. Loot generated algorithm (this should have been addressed a long time ago and still hasnt. If i check 4 bins and 2 builldings. I should at least have 1 shield and 1 gun. Yet I recorded a vid where this in fact disnt happen, just weapon mods and ammo and a few nades)

4. Network issues (how they havent fixed the huge lag at the beginning of some matches and hit registering issue that happens sometimes is beyond me. They should be able to put money into this issue to fix it)

5. Hot dropping problem (this could be partly on the users but can be better controlled by the devs. There are only 20 squads yet you often have half or more drop into 1 or 2 areas. So by the first ring, there are usually just 7-5 teams left. Then its a long boring game of finding/running into those teams slowly. It wasnt like that at the start, but when people started figuring the best spots for loot, it became that, no matter what angle the ship comes in on, theres always certain areas people want to loot at. The Devs can make ALL areas more "remarkable" to loot st to try to better control that. Its a 4x4 map instead of 8x8 so need to have more areas worth looting instead of the core like, 8 spots. Try to spread people out a bit more. You can achieve this without increasing map size imo, but there are many drop areas where I would never wanna drop (other than the core 8) so make those areas more enticing.
Ps.
Some guy complained about liking the unpredictability of running into someone after sometime has gone by. Just drop late and you will have that experience every game. Thats just facts)

6. Speed of updates. (i know in the beginning of this post I stated its not because of the speed of fortnite's updates, and I still believe that. However, the speed at which this update could be greatly improved. They dont have to match Fortnite's speed. But this pace they are at now isnt cutting it. And this just isnt in regards to content but also bug fixes. They dont address things in a timely manner. That smoke bug existed FOREVER)

7. Communication (they arent communicative enough imo and are sometimes cryptic about things. That only frustrates people)

8. Actual store content and design (most of that shit sucks, lets be real, and alot of it is ugly imo. A few designs have been cool (like 2 of Octane's outfits) but most designs arent. They need a better art team that can design more like those 2 cool octane outfits and not like the majority of lifeline's outifts. In fact all of lifeline's outfits. Bleh)

9. Content pricing (overpriced, and hard to obtain. Here is one of the biggest flaws in the game. The thing that would normally help influence people to keep playing, just doesn't. There are 3 currencies. But only 1 is truly useful, and that 1 is one you literally cant earn greatly without spending money. You can get apex coins (buy buying) legend coins (only used for buying legends) and crafting materials (what allows you to pick and choose skins you want to buy) yet you only get crafting materials in loot boxes. Thats it, and there are only a limited amount of lootboxes you can get. I have invested probably a few hundred hours into this game yet I still haven't been able to buy one epic/legendary(whatever its called) skin yet with crafting materials. Thats fucking ridiculous.

10. Lootboxes (stinginess of this goes without saying)

With all that said, the core gameplay itself is the best of any BR imo.

Last edited:

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bingo. no one can match the speed at which Epic updates Fortnite and the sheer man power of it all. It is unsustainable tho, the only other team to do that kind of strictly regimented schedule was Tell Tale and we all saw how that unfolded.

I dont think you need to match the speed. Apex is failing for a combination of many reasons. Not because they cant match the speed.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
That article was so barebones I'm confused why there is even a thread being made about it. Google metrics and twich viewers determine if a game is successful now?

I agree with you. Seeking alpha is like a blog for amateur investors. While it may provide some interesting information and have some good posts now and then, don't take anything you read there too seriously. The quality bar for being able to post there is pretty low.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
It's on them, honestly

They needed to get a lot of things right to compete with Fortnite

Things like the battle pass and fast updates were very important to its success, and well, they fucked up

Shame, because the quality is there

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
That article was so barebones I'm confused why there is even a thread being made about it. Google metrics and twich viewers determine if a game is successful now?

If you follow google metrics and twitch viewers you can say that PUBG, Dota 2, CS:GO and Siege are dead because they don't have Fortnite buzz.

It's on them, honestly

They needed to get a lot of things right to compete with Fortnite

Things like the battle pass and fast updates were very important to its success, and well, they fucked up

Shame, because the quality is there

Dude, Respawn is a 200-ish studio, they have 2 teams and they are working at the same time on VR, Apex Legends, a Titanfall game and Jedi Fallen Order.
Epic Games is a 700ish studio and the majority work on Fortnite when they killed all their projects.

It's impossible to match Epic Games pace in updates and content.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Some skill based matchmaking would have helped. Duos would have been nice too.

Me and my friend got sick of being roflstompped by entire squads of 3 who were way too good.

There are two types of servers: those which consist of full pre-made squads, and those which consist of solo players and groups of two.

If you queue solo or with a group of two, you're being placed against other mixed groups.

If you queue with a group of three you're being placed on a server with other full groups of three, and Apex Legends becomes noticeably more difficult.

Since you're queuing with a friend, you're being placed on the "easy" server, with another random player.

Green Marine

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
Two problems:

01. The initial hype wave for this game was totally inorganic and was going to be impossible to sustain. Epic grew Fortnite BR into what it became, they didn't try to immediately position it as the biggest thing on Earth.

02. Fortnite is going as to as resilient in Battle Royale as Call of Duty has been in team death match. Anyone focusing on battle pass challenges isn't going to suddenly drop the game for a competing product - they're barely playing "Battle Royale" to begin with. It is like trying to win over a COD player with a better implementation of domination or capture the flag.

The one thing that could slow Fortnite down is a gradual saturation point of people thinking they have unlocked enough items. But they have shown a good ability to implement new cosmetics items like weapon wraps, so maybe they can avoid that issue for some time.

EA is stuck in a position where Apex Legends has to make up for continuous shortfalls on the boxed product side - Battlefront II, BFV, Anthem, etc. Big publishers rely on too few games these days, which makes every disappointment all the more devastating.

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
The battle pass sucks. I don't care how fun a game is or how satisfying it is to play, I need a constant drip feed of adequately shiny trinkets and cosmetics in order to actually put time into a game. To play for fun alone would be a huge waste.

I legitimately can't tell if this comment is sarcastic or not. Based on the number of people who have made similar sentiments in this thread, I'm going to assume you're being serious. I know I'm super old for a gamer, but I just can't relate to this line of thinking and I know I'm in the minority. I don't mean for this to sound condescending, but I only care about whether or not a game is fun. Arbitrary progression and cosmetics (especially in FPS games) have never made or broken a game for me.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
It seems pretty clear in hindsight just how much unsustainable hype was driven by throwing money at the Shrouds of the world to stream it constantly post launch.

Kind of a bummer because I find the entire building aspect to fortnite completely asinine and unappealing. I would be interested in the game without it.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I legitimately can't tell if this comment is sarcastic or not. Based on the number of people who have made similar sentiments in this thread, I'm going to assume you're being serious. I know I'm super old for a gamer, but I just can't relate to this line of thinking and I know I'm in the minority. I don't mean for this to sound condescending, but I only care about whether or not a game is fun. Arbitrary progression and cosmetics (especially in FPS games) have never made or broken a game for me.
Yes I was poking fun at that sentiment, which I have also seen more and more lately. "If there isn't a progression system, whats the point in even playing". I should have made it more obvious lol.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I play it every other day or so for an hour or so a day. Bought the battle pass on XBox and PC. I would like better cosmetics and more characters and maybe a new map, but I'm happy with it and am happy to keep playing.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota

Yes I was poking fun at that sentiment, which I have also seen more and more lately. "If there isn't a progression system, whats the point in even playing". I should have made it more obvious lol.

It's a legitimate thing though, if Quake 3 Arena released brand new in 2019 as it was in 1999 it would have been eaten alive and then forgotten amongst all the current selection of FPS games with loot and cosmetic systems. With so many games releasing at any given time now, there needs to be a reason to stick with a game that is beyond just being fun. If it were that simple (and I know making a "fun" game isn't easy) then Quake Champions would be killing it.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
It's a legitimate thing though, if Quake 3 Arena released brand new in 2019 as it was in 1999 it would have been eaten alive and then forgotten amongst all the current selection of FPS games with loot and cosmetic systems. With so many games releasing at any given time now, there needs to be a reason to stick with a game that is beyond just being fun. If it were that simple (and I know making a "fun" game isn't easy) then Quake Champions would be killing it.
Yeah unfortunately the majority of people now need some extrinsic motivation for playing a game. Look no further than obsession with achievements and trophies.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Better EA take a hit than for Respawn to turn into disposable slave labour camp like the Fortnite team

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Should also be noted on the NPDs, Anthem went from 1 to off the top 10 in a month. That sounds not good.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
In a classical multiplayer FPS the "progression system" is you getting better at the game over time.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People keep pointing to fortnite but I dont think fortnite is "the reason" why Apex is failing. Meaning,

A. I dont think a mass amount of players are dropping Apex and going BACK to fortnite.

B. I dont think update speed not matching fortnite is why people are quitting Apex.

I think its just a combination of many things and respawn is at fault for not being prepared/having a contingency plan for if their game is a massive success. Its like they just did not expect the successful so fast and didnt consider what to do if that were the case.

So its a combo of
1. Battlepass is trash (rewards suck and grind is way too crappy)

2. Hackers(when you constantly see the streamers deal with a hacker problem, it turns not only the streamers off from the game but people who watch the game too)

3. Loot generated algorithm (this should have been addressed a long time ago and still hasnt. If i check 4 bins and 2 builldings. I should at least have 1 shield and 1 gun. Yet I recorded a vid where this in fact disnt happen, just weapon mods and ammo and a few nades)

4. Network issues (how they havent fixed the huge lag at the beginning of some matches and hit registering issue that happens sometimes is beyond me. They should be able to put money into this issue to fix it)

5. Hot dropping problem (this could be partly on the users but can be better controlled by the devs. There are only 20 squads yet you often have half or more drop into 1 or 2 areas. So by the first ring, there are usually just 7-5 teams left. Then its a long boring game of finding/running into those teams slowly. It wasnt like that at the start, but when people started figuring the best spots for loot, it became that, no matter what angle the ship comes in on, theres always certain areas people want to loot at. The Devs can make ALL areas more "remarkable" to loot st to try to better control that. Its a 4x4 map instead of 8x8 so need to have more areas worth looting instead of the core like, 8 spots. Try to spread people out a bit more. You can achieve this without increasing map size imo, but there are many drop areas where I would never wanna drop (other than the core 8) so make those areas more enticing.
Ps.
Some guy complained about liking the unpredictability of running into someone after sometime has gone by. Just drop late and you will have that experience every game. Thats just facts)

6. Speed of updates. (i know in the beginning of this post I stated its not because of the speed of fortnite's updates, and I still believe that. However, the speed at which this update could be greatly improved. They dont have to match Fortnite's speed. But this pace they are at now isnt cutting it. And this just isnt in regards to content but also bug fixes. They dont address things in a timely manner. That smoke bug existed FOREVER)

7. Communication (they arent communicative enough imo and are sometimes cryptic about things. That only frustrates people)

8. Actual store content and design (most of that shit sucks, lets be real, and alot of it is ugly imo. A few designs have been cool (like 2 of Octane's outfits) but most designs arent. They need a better art team that can design more like those 2 cool octane outfits and not like the majority of lifeline's outifts. In fact all of lifeline's outfits. Bleh)

9. Content pricing (overpriced, and hard to obtain. Here is one of the biggest flaws in the game. The thing that would normally help influence people to keep playing, just doesn't. There are 3 currencies. But only 1 is truly useful, and that 1 is one you literally cant earn greatly without spending money. You can get apex coins (buy buying) legend coins (only used for buying legends) and crafting materials (what allows you to pick and choose skins you want to buy) yet you only get crafting materials in loot boxes. Thats it, and there are only a limited amount of lootboxes you can get. I have invested probably a few hundred hours into this game yet I still haven't been able to buy one epic/legendary(whatever its called) skin yet with crafting materials. Thats fucking ridiculous.

10. Lootboxes (stinginess of this goes without saying)

With all that said, the core gameplay itself is the best of any BR imo.
Absolutely.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it would be great if EA actually took a big hit. especially if loot boxes become banned in more countries.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Amazing how quickly people turned on Apex. Has to be the quickest I've ever seen a game go from being loved by everyone to being disliked.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Not getting a pack every level (feels like I get one every 10 levels now) and the ridiculous battle pass grind and filler has killed 75% of my momentum for this game. Even friends have dropped off it.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
It's my first and only battle royale game and I still like it. I don't have too much time in yet compared to a lot of other people (base level 98, Battle Pass level 65~, and about 7 days total play time so far, I think?) but I'm not burnt out yet. I'm still looking forward to playing it all night this Friday and Saturday night like I've done every weekend since launch. Since it is my first BR game I didn't have too many expectations going in which means there isn't much that has disappointed me other than the lack of updates. Here we are midway through season one now and I've been excited about Wattson since Octane dropped, but now I'm starting to think she won't be released this season at all. I no longer anticipate any map changes or the L-STAR or other new guns getting added before the season's end. And that is all a bummer. From what I understand Fortnight has an insane pace for updates that other studios can't keep up with, so I don't except Respawn to match it, but it just seems like they weren't ready for the game to get the attention and popularity that it got right out of the gate and have been behind ever since. The iron was super-hot and waiting to be struck, and they haven't really done all that much since release, so it's starting to cool off.

Most of the common complaints I see from other players every day on the Apex subreddit are:
-Cheaters on PC ruining the experience
-Big bugs or glitches taking forever to get fixed, like some of the audio glitches that cause people to be unable to hear footsteps of approaching teams causing them to get killed
-No solo or duo playlists yet
-Map is getting stale, which isn't a surprise when there are people hitting numbers like 700 hours of playtime
-Battle Pass is not exciting, too much of a grind (they did say in the beginning that the rest of the battle passes will not be structured like this, but that doesn't really excuse this one)
-Progression is non-existent once you hit lvl 100 and stop earning Apex Packs

It was just a hot game though with a lot of hype at launch, so it's no surprise that some people are dropping it (temporarily or otherwise) after they made the game such a priority for the past few months. I've seen some people with crazy amounts of hours played and it's like "No wonder you're burnt out on it when you've put several weeks of time into it." I think it's fun but definitely get how people could be getting bored having already put hundreds of hours into the game since the only big update that has dropped.

I don't know. I'm a simple guy. I just want another new character already, some new guns, and maybe some new stuff added to the map like the Thunder Dome rumors say will happen.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's not enough lootboxes given to players who play for free to keep them interested or make the game feel rewarding, and we've all said enough about the crap Battle Pass that requires way too much playtime to benefit from. The way they monetise the game needs revamping as a whole.

Since release, they've added one character, one average assault rifle, and that's the lot.
I'm hoping they're saving some stuff up for a big explosive payoff (E3?), but right now, this game does look disappointingly mismanaged.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
With so many games releasing at any given time now, there needs to be a reason to stick with a game that is beyond just being fun. If it were that simple (and I know making a "fun" game isn't easy) then Quake Champions would be killing it.
No... it really wouldn't. I mean it has decent progression going for it and battle passes of its own, but the game has problems that either are taking too long to get around, or aren't going to be addressed.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Apex will be looked back on in years/months to come as an example of how not to release a free to play game.

The initial release took everyone by suprise and was fantasticly polished for a battle royal game, but their abilty to keep people interested/engaged in the game and to entice people to spend their money is terrible. I have no faith in them as a developer anymore and will hold of spending money on their games in the future.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
It's a blast to play.

The problem is people don't seem to play games to enjoy the gameplay anymore. It's about cosmetics and constant changing maps, etc. Why do you care if there aren't more cosmetic things to pay for? The game is still fantastic without them.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
I still love the game, and play very often. I would of course welcome new maps, modes, items, characters etc but the core gameplay is still sharp and polished as ever. I still enjoy playing Team Slayer on Midship/Lockout in Halo after many years... I still enjoy Wake Island in Battlefield, I still enjoy Erangel in PUBG... gameplay trumps all for me! I think people are overreacting, and have poor attention spans.

I would love more "challenges" in the battle pass though, that was a disappointment for sure, it hasn't really changed how I play aside from choosing new characters.

I hope to see a map update, more characters, a more involved pass, new weapons and new playlists, even weekly events but the lack of new things hasn't deterred from my enjoyment at all.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Apex will be looked back on in years/months to come as an example of how not to release a free to play game.

The initial release took everyone by suprise and was fantasticly polished for a battle royal game, but their abilty to keep people interested/engaged in the game and to entice people to spend their money is terrible. I have no faith in them as a developer anymore and will hold of spending money on their games in the future.
Exactly. The way to release a F2P game is to force there staff to work there figures to the bones to satisfy a bunch of demanding gamers that are never happy.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how quickly people turned on Apex. Has to be the quickest I've ever seen a game go from being loved by everyone to being disliked.
Don't confuse the world at large to Era. This is the same echo chamber that makes posts campaigning that -PUBG is dead and everyone hates it- at any possible opportunity. (PUBG made just shy of a billion dollars in profit last year)

Low attention spans don't equate bad games. It's just people riding the hype/hate trains to entertain themselves.

The core foundation of Apex is rock solid. Respawn just needs to ramp up on content additions and put in the groundwork for Esports leagues. They'll never be able to match Fortnite on game additions (no one can without a team of hundreds who are working on slave labor hours) but new maps and modes will go a long way.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
I played so much of this for the first month and then made the mistake of re-installing TF2, which killed Apex for me because I realized I actually just wanted more Titanfall.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
thankfully, the game is fun enough that just playing it gives me joy, and the only reward i need is a win - that feeling of I overcame all this.

the rest is cherry on top, and I do hope and think more is coming. But remember them days where just the challenge of the game was reward enough?

Now I know doing things over and over gets repetitive, but such is the nature of BR games. With more legends, weapons, and maps, it should stay refreshing

I still think no other BR game is more polished, or has better gameplay/gunplay, plus inventory and ping system is great, same with legends, oh and that movement....yeah nothing else quite compares

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any actual proof that Apex is failing or is this another case of "PUBG is dead" and other ridiculous hot takes?

And for the record, just because someone puts an opinion in an article, and not a forum post, doesn't mean it has any more merit.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
It was good cause it felt fresh and different. But with how little they've evolved, lack of new content, and a terrible/non-existent progression system, it got stale fast.
I play every night and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. I think those that say it hasn't evolved are likely the same people who don't explore within the existing sandbox.

I used to grab a Wingman + Peacekeeper every game but now I find myself mixing it up and trying new strategies.

Not to mention there are 9 different characters that help diversify the gameplay experience as a whole.

There's a meaty game here. It for sure could use more content. But I still find there's more than enough variety to keep playing. And I've sunk almost 200 hours into it.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is there any actual proof that Apex is failing or is this another case of "PUBG is dead" and other ridiculous hot takes?

And for the record, just because someone puts an opinion in an article, and not a forum post, doesn't mean it has any more merit.

The article refers to Twitch metrics, and Google Trends which are definitely on the decline for Apex Legends.

Apex Legends is a long way from dead but it's clearly losing ground to Fortnite.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The article refers to Twitch metrics, and Google Trends which are definitely on the decline for Apex Legends.

Apex Legends is a long way from dead but it's clearly losing ground to Fortnite.

So that's a no on proof. Losing ground to Fortnite doesn't make the game a failure. Again, 99% of publishers would kill to "fail" as much as PUBG supposedly has. I don't understand this whole Ricky Bobby mentality people have with these games. Apex is one of the most played games on the planet, regardless of Twitch or Google interest. I guess FFXIV and ESO are both failures as well because they didn't topple WoW. And is LoL a failure or is DotA the bomb?....after all, "If ya ain't first, you're last!".

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So that's a no on proof. Losing ground to Fortnite doesn't make the game a failure. Again, 99% of publishers would kill to "fail" as much as PUBG supposedly has. I don't understand this whole Ricky Bobby mentality people have with these games. Apex is one of the most played games on the planet, regardless of Twitch or Google interest. I guess FFXIV and ESO are both failures as well because they didn't topple WoW. And is LoL a failure or is DotA the bomb?....after all, "If ya ain't first, you're last!".

"A no on proof?" The article is about Twitch and Google Trends, both of which are on the decline for Apex Legends. It doesn't say that Apex legends is a failure, it says that Apex Legends had a strong launch but that it is currently faltering. That's absolutely true.

You should actually read the article if you're interested in having a discussion about it.