• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
www.ea.com

Cross-play Arrives Along With the Aftermarket Collection Event

Cross-play has arrived! Tune up your Legends in the Aftermarket Collection Event, October 6 through October 20. Buckle up for the “Flashpoint” Limited-Time Mode, where healing zones have replaced health pack and shield drops. Complete challenges to earn exclusive rewards and head to the store...
  • Cross-play is between consoles only.
  • A console player can party with a PC player. If you do so, your party will go to a PC match.
  • In-game voice chat works across platforms.
  • You can turn it off, but Respawn is warning you that it may cause long or unlimited queues because you only find matches with others who have turned it off

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah!

Now I only wish the game supported cross progression... But baby steps!

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Is cross-save also included in that patch? I played it waaaaay more on PS4, but I would like to continue my PS4 progress on PC.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool!

Doesn't affect me much on PC, but more games supporting cross-platform is always a good thing.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Glad cross play momentum is finally taking off. Star Wars Squadrons which comes out today is cross play between PC, PS4, and Xbox

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
  • Cross-play does not mean cross-progression. While we do believe this is a valuable feature, it's unfortunately not available for Apex Legends at this time. However, we will talk more about this at our Steam launch later in the year.

Fuuuuck. Nice to see crossplay regardless but they really need to let you move your account. Hope they have good news later.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Is cross progression in? I won't play the switch version without my skins

edit: answered above. What a huge bummer. Hopefully it comes soon.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I'll be deader than usual if I match with a PC server.

(Still super happy to see them add this)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
  • Cross-play does not mean cross-progression. While we do believe this is a valuable feature, it's unfortunately not available for Apex Legends at this time. However, we will talk more about this at our Steam launch later in the year.

Fuuuuck. Nice to see crossplay regardless but they really need to let you move your account. Hope they have good news later.

I think when they first talked about cross play a year (or so???) ago they mentioned account progression would be very difficult to add.

Hopefully it comes down the line tho.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Cross play keeps my shooter groups intact so this is nice. None of my pad bros whine about being with pc players since skills is super random and they are use to dealing it anyways. Can't wait to run full groups more often now.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
So you can´t play in console servers from PC when using a controller, and there´s no cross-progression between consoles and PC... Pretty half-assed in my opinion. Was looking forward to something similar to Modern Warfare.

Really want to go back to this game but would like to do so in Steam,, with crossplay and with my Playstation save. Baby steps, I guess.

Last edited:

TheBeardedDM

May 30, 2019
Finally. Sold my Xbox (gettin XSX November 10) and i had to say goodbye to my homies. Avengers re-assemble

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Has literally sold four copies of that game to me and my (cross platform) crew.
It's still such a weird concept to my crew. I told them we're rocking together in COD the week of the console launches. They ask me "I thought you were getting the PS5, you getting an Xbox too"? Like guys, come on! We played Rocket League like this!!!

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought it was already cross-platform, awesome regardless!

Nov 28, 2017
www.ea.com

Cross-play Arrives Along With the Aftermarket Collection Event

Cross-play has arrived! Tune up your Legends in the Aftermarket Collection Event, October 6 through October 20. Buckle up for the “Flashpoint” Limited-Time Mode, where healing zones have replaced health pack and shield drops. Complete challenges to earn exclusive rewards and head to the store...
  • Cross-play is between consoles only.
  • A console player can party with a PC player. If you do so, your party will go to a PC match.
  • In-game voice chat works across platforms.
  • You can turn it off, but Respawn is warning you that it may cause long or unlimited queues because you only find matches with others who have turned it off

The absolute BEST implementation of crossplay that SHOULD become standard across ALL genre, no arguments (Watch and learn, Infinity Ward & Raven Software).

Respawn stay winning.

Now, bring on that inevitable Titanfall 3 announcement, you madlads!.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Welp, there goes my hope of increasing the player count on PC (SouthAmerican PC userbase is way lower than consoles). Though I totally understand the move.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wait this didn't include it yet? Sorry I left playing this game for quite some time so I forgot it didn't have cross-play. I will rerty it with some friends from other platforms then.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Cross progression is the next thing we need here, but this might make me give it a try again and see if the lobbies feel more balanced.

Harle

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

Prolly gonna ask a friend on PS4 to try it. Warzone huge size bothers me.

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, really looking to more info on cross-progression. Would also love to hear what Respawn's plan for next-gen is.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay on console not including PC unless you party up with a friend who's on PC is great.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Hey 2018 called we're on input based matchmaking now, no reason why pc can't play with console players if they are also using a controller.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Hey 2018 called we're on input based matchmaking now, no reason why pc can't play with console players if they are also using a controller.

Agreed. Apex's auto-aim is fairly aggressive, and I think console players will be able to compete especially since game sense, positioning, etc is valuable beyond pure aim. With MCC doing input-based matchmaking and Gears 5 having (opt-out) crossplay in /ranked/, I'd like to them reconsider.

Sep 7, 2020
This is awesome. I hope we seem more congregations of platform games with competitive multiplayer. Increase game longevity and is just a cool way to play with friends who have other platforms.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Nice, but waaaay too late. Still annoys me that such a great game had such a lack of updates/support when it launched with a ton of hype. People were begging for cross play, different party sizes, battle pass, decent cosmetics etc. back then. They were basically the first great battle royale FPS too, such a waste of potential.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Apex's auto-aim is fairly aggressive, and I think console players will be able to compete especially since game sense, positioning, etc is valuable beyond pure aim. With MCC doing input-based matchmaking and Gears 5 having (opt-out) crossplay in /ranked/, I'd like to them reconsider.
Yeah, with Gears 5 I think they should remove the toggle, force the pc and console population to mix and make it input based matchmaking instead. I understand why the toggle is there some of the weapons on Gears was not designed for a mouse, longshot, torque, lancer are like lasers on a good mouse player. I just think they should force input based matchmaking because the PC/Console mixed population feels limited versus the console population.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but waaaay too late. Still annoys me that such a great game had such a lack of updates/support when it launched with a ton of hype. People were begging for cross play, different party sizes, battle pass, decent cosmetics etc. back then. They were basically the first great battle royale FPS too, such a waste of potential.
I personally feel like there have been great cosmetics since season 3 in August 2019. I think the game is in a great place mechanically right now, and the current battlepass is probably the best they've ever done. Also, not sure when you played last, but there are duos and trios modes now.

There are still lots of people playing.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
input based matchmaking would've been better, but I'll take it. moving over to Xbox next gen and my duo partner is on PS so this way we c an still play.

Also, why are they radio silent on the switch and Steam progress? Their weird communication schedule is what burnt me out on the game in the first place.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
They did it right.

I don't want to be in PC lobbies as a console player even if they're using a controller.

The higher FPS on PC is a huge advantage. It's not just an input issue.

if they do allow it, I'd look into locking PC fps to 60 if they play on console lobbies. That's the only way I'd consider it IMO.

OP
OP
Hamster Plugin
Oct 25, 2017
The event is up. I probably won't see much because I'm on PC, but I hope you enjoy playing if you have friends on the other console!