• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
original.jpg

https://data4.origin.com/asset/cont...0eca-df52-4916-8429-25ff7244419c/original.jpg

Dev stream starting soon?

Team real.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I wish there was cross progression as I switch between the PC and XB1 versions depending on where friends are playing. But $10 is a good price, I may end up buying it on each platform for the first season.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
I thought season 1 and the battlepass there were supposed to be two legends being released according to the roadmap?

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Good. I can use the currency I got from the founder pack for this :)
I was a bit worried that they would require hard cash for it.

Jun 12, 2018
This is my first BR so I'm still confused...what exactly is the big deal about battle passes? Would I have to buy it to gain access to the new character/gameplay chages, or is the battlepass for cosmetic stuff?

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No idea, maybe the 'scout' class like Bloodhound is? Pathfinder seems like he should be a scout though, so I'm a little fuzzy on their class definitions.

Ah yeah could be too. Can't wait to try him out.

This is my first BR so I'm still confused...what exactly is the big deal about battle passes? Would I have to buy it to gain access to the new character/gameplay chages, or is the battlepass for cosmetic stuff?

Battlepasses give you unique gear (cosmetics) and possible other game features (like a new character, or legend in this case). I don't know if Legends are part of the pass, however.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the pass will give some Apex Coins too. I'm pretty sure in Fortnite, the pass pays for itself if you hit the max level?
Already answered but yeah, the Fortnite Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks ($9.50) and you can earn I think 1500 ($15) back if you get to tier 97 (the last V-bucks reward).

Apex Legends is a great price. I wonder if they'll also let you earn a bunch back.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

A Battle Pass usually comes alongside a new 'Season' (in this case Season 1). Seasons are where major changes generally occur - with some at the beginning and others gradually as the Season progresses. It's a whole new bunch of cosmetic unlocks to earn via play / challenges in the Battle Pass itself (either free or paid), and new changes or additions to the game that spice things up such as map changes, new weapons, items etc.

That's generally how they work in BR games but Respawn could obviously put their own spin on things.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

they are usually some weekly challenges and rewards you with cosmetic stuff, they are quite fun and for those that want some longevity on the gameplay and things to do without getting bored they are great.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its like Fortnite, the Battle Pass is all cosmetic. You get a bunch of character skins and other things (emotes, music, pick axes etc in Fortnite) plus you can earn back what you spent, so hopefully it's the same here.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
You don't really see then outside their mechs but the main bad guys had some Borderlands level dialogue

I believe you see all of them outside their mechs when they are introduce (Or during the end credits). There is a crazy looking robot lady, but most of the rest of them look something like Bangalore, Mirage, or Wraith. They all seem to embody some kind of semi-goofy trope though; Arnold-in-commando, crazy-guy-who-likes-fire, spooky-stealth-person, adrenaline-junkie-who-flies, menacing-south-african-mercenary, etc.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is my first BR so I'm still confused...what exactly is the big deal about battle passes? Would I have to buyhe it to gain access to the new character/gameplay chages, or is the battlepass for cosmetic stuff?

Here is the Fortnite Season 7 Battle Pass
https://ie.ign.com/wikis/fortnite/Fortnite_Season_7_Battle_Pass_Rewards

In it you get mosty cosmetics, but also XP boosts, and more V-bucks than you initially put in. So it pays for itself, and you get a lot of stuff

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

Official livestream is scheduled to begin in just over an hour from this post. Could be dropped then?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
how do battle passes work? Any way to get these things with in game money?

The other 2 characters could be bought with in game money, not this one? Maybe months from now we can buy him with in game?

And will the servers be split? Do only does that buy battle pass get the new weapons? or everyone?