• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Titanfall's whole schtick is that there are roughshod and under-equipped frontier settlers from outer colonies fighting a military corporation from Earth.
Under-quipped but they can call in airstrikes, use decoys, vanish from fucking sight via portals, etc.? Sorry but Respawn is losing the plot with trying to convince me that Apex is at all tied in realistically with TF.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it's true this time around, the typo could actually be real considering it was flipped on early if it's true, so it's plausible enough.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
1000 coins is $10.

The Battle Pass is $9.50 technically. So your account will always have 50 Apex Coins/50 cents you can't spend on anything. ;)

They're basically hoping you'll get so annoyed of having an unuseable balance that you'll crack and buy the $20 which gives you a 50 cent bonus "free." ;)

Good thing that I have $21 on my wallet saved for this! :D

Oct 28, 2017
950 coins = $10 ?

What's the logic behind making your in-game currency just slightly less than an easy to calculate 100:1 conversion ratio? Why not 1000 coins = $10?

You've got those 50 left over, sitting there, taunting you to use them, so you are likely to just spend more to get more because the left over amount feels wasted. Its the same logic as Microsoft used with MS Points many years ago.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hmm, I was thinking it was fake but there're multiple screenshot that show the same typo.
G8Xhg1H.jpg

PpI1pFW.jpg

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
How in the hell is this a shared universe with Titanfall? It's going into Borderlands territory now.

Since you brought it up...does anyone else think the island off in the distance when you are dropping in looks like the map from Titanfall 1 with the dino things and big skeleton in the middle of that map? I don't play Apex, but was watching some friends stream last night and had that thought. Hell for all I know I'm LTTP.

I know that was really what you were talking about specifically, but you reminded me.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Really want to support them, but I'm also leaving for like 2 weeks on a trip in a few days so there's no point in buying this on release for me. These things are like timed right? I'd be missing out on two weeks of things? (Sorry I'm unfamiliar with how these usually work, Apex is the first BR game I played for more than a few matches)

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow looks like they ripped fortnite off with that price tag !
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I see. Thanks for clearing it up guys. $10 for a Legend is steep.
It's $10 dollars for the battlepass. I think the Legends themselves are $7.50.

From Respawn's communication on this matter, you won't be buying heroes through the battlepass, but instead, loot boxes, skins, and banners and such.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Under-quipped but they can call in airstrikes, use decoys, vanish from fucking sight via portals, etc.? Sorry but Respawn is losing the plot with trying to convince me that Apex is at all tied in realistically with TF.

The actual pilots in both sides of the Titanfall universe call in giant fucking mechs to fight each other on 2 minutes intervals on top of having all of the equipment you just listed.

The "legends" in Apex are small-time chumps compared to that.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really want to support them, but I'm also leaving for like 2 weeks on a trip in a few days so there's no point in buying this on release for me. These things are like timed right? I'd be missing out on two weeks of things? (Sorry I'm unfamiliar with how these usually work, Apex is the first BR game I played for more than a few matches)

Wait and see how its implemented. In fortnite the battle passes are a no-brainer, they last for a few months and they give you enough rewards to just buy the next battlepass outright.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

They are timed but they are typically 10ish weeks in other games.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling bullshit. Pretty sure this Octane art has been seen before and the "the the" is suspect.

Hope I'm wrong though I want the BP so bad, and $10 is better than I was expecting with the prices they're asking for skins in the shop.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I believe Respawn says each season will last about 3 months.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Apex Legends is an actual game show set years after the wars from Titanfall 1/2 ended.

Edit: More importantly, Battlepass Hype! Bring it on!

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
They are timed but they are typically 10ish weeks in other games.
Wait and see how its implemented. In fortnite the battle passes are a no-brainer, they last for a few months and they give you enough rewards to just buy the next battlepass outright.

They last for that long? Well hopefully 2 weeks is something easy to catch up with whenever this releases. (If they follow the same plan as others). Thanks for the replies!

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
I'm calling bullshit. Pretty sure this Octane art has been seen before and the "the the" is suspect.

Hope I'm wrong though I want the BP so bad, and $10 is better than I was expecting with the prices they're asking for skins in the shop.

Multiple people saw the banner and screenshotted it. It was also up on the German version of the site for longer. Plus, the web asset is still accessible on Origin's server.

It's real -- whether or not the pass is hitting today remains to be seen, though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I need to see if they'll offer a way to make this back plus change by completing the battle pass, first

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if the pass will give some Apex Coins too. I'm pretty sure in Fortnite, the pass pays for itself if you hit the max level?