• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

apexlegend

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Chicago
User banned (permanent): Spam account.
I hope they keep adjusting hitboxes. It's so frustrating hitting Mirage sometimes. I am looking forward to the apex legends ranked system coming out later this month if that holds true. It will make the game even more competitive for sure. I just hope these balance changes are in the right direction because right now I am not sure it's enough. Peacekeeper nerf does seem reasonable at least. According to my stats, it's my highest performing gun. Pretty incredible but maybe that just causes shotguns are easier to use. Season One should be interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:

apexlegend

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Chicago
No, it is super relevant.

The problem with wingman was its rate of fire and its clip size so people could just spam you with hip fire and you died fast.

Wingman in the hands of a skilled player should be rewarded. But being able to just easily get kills cause u spammed hip fire someone in front of you without any real skill involved is cheap and made it OP. These changes address that issue

I agree, it is significant. Plus it's a good thing that they are doing small incremental changes rather than huge ones that some games do. That's a pain cause you need to relearn the meta every month.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I am ok with the changes I think. I have used the wingman and peacekeeper loadout together a ton but lately I have been mixing it up. I am on console so my opinion is for that but with the wingman I am very hot and cold with it and the peacekeeper will betray me every once in a while with a 7 or 16 damage shot at close range when I felt I got a direct hit.

I am loving the Spitfire lately with decent attachments, great close and long range which helps not stress out so much about my second pick for a gun. Usually an R-99, Eva, R301 or Prowler with the select Fire.

Really excited to see what the first season is all about. I am really loving this game so far.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Did they secretly make loot in general worse? Two matches in a row I've had like 5 entire minutes to loot multiple areas and still wandering around with a Mozambique and Alternator.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they secretly make loot in general worse? Two matches in a row I've had like 5 entire minutes to loot multiple areas and still wandering around with a Mozambique and Alternator.

Not sure, can be just rng.
For sure the first game after patch my whole team didnt find a single gun for 1min and we said "this game got the PUBG treatment to remove 50% of the loot"

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't change the Moz. I like it how it's now, it makes it so you actually have to make a decision between melee or a shitty gun. Other games melee is literally your last option, as of now it's a valid tactic and I like that. Soon as the worst guns (without attachments) become clearly better than fists, then fists become almost useless.

I like seeing a Moz on drop then having to go "Okay do I pick that up and have a shitty but safer ranged weapon, or do I got with superior all-in but riskier melee". That's the type of decision that could mean the difference between a win or a loss.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
They need stronger anti cheat on PC, keep seeing my own teammates, randoms, gunning down whole squads in less than 5 seconds, happened several times.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
There needs to be trash weapons like the moz and p2020. Let trash be trash.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the nerf for me the Wigman just outperforms everything else purely because it's deadly at every single range. Like there is no downside to using it.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
It never two tapped tho. Why you you lying lol.
it does with skullpiercer. even with new values, skullpiercer is 100dmg raw, 90dmg white helmet
so its at most times 180 until people get at least blue helmet - aka 2 tap death to anything that isnt purple armor

without piercer its 162 (90*2*0.9) meaning 2 tap on white armor people

the biggest nerf wingman got is lategame nerf and i dont see people talking about it.
you could 3 tap people before - 2 headshots + 1 body was a guaranteed kill on any helmet and armor. not anymore.
100*0.75*2 + 45 = 195

you are 5 damage off killing someone fully decked, meaning you need at least 4 shots lategame.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Game just became less fun. Nerfing sure whatever, decreasing the amount of them then adding more energy crap? Uggggh. Part of me dies when I have to use a Havoc or Devotion.

Agree heavily with their Moz and P2020 assessments, glad they weren't buffed.

The Havoc is fucking disgusting tho. And that's without the turbocharger

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Would've nerfed the Peacekeeper harder. 110 max dmg for a bodyshot is too much, especially in the beginning of a round. At least make it 99 or 95, so it can't oneshot. Stupid cheese weapon.

yeah D; 3 games in a row tonight i started the game by immediately getting one shot by the peacekeeper. the first time the guy just one shot our whole in 3 successive shots to start the round so that was fun

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
Yeah I main Mirage and his ulti is useless either they make him completely invisible or just make the decoys walk everywhere.

Right now his ulti is only decent if you combine it with Bangalore smoke
Whuuut. His ult has always seemed really OP to me. He goes completely silent IIRC and he's just transparent enough to go undetected so long as the prey your stalking isn't aware you're creeping up on them.

I've always seen the decoys from the ult to be the cost of his invisibility. As soon as you see them you KNOW to look for some invisible ass hat waiting to decloak with a shotty. So long as you position yourself in a place where you aren't seen using your ult it makes it significantly easier to surprise people. If you try to use it as a "get out of jail free" card you're gonna die almost 100% of the time.

I'm not particularly good at this game and I struggle to keep up with some of folks on my friends list but Mirage is the one legend I can occasionally wipe entire squads out with just by positioning smartly with his ult and flanking teams that are actively engaged or are just generally distracted. The whole point of his skills are faking out opponents, controlling their attention and misdirecting them. If he was completely invisible they'd have to either enable his footstep sounds, or make pretty dramatic changes to how his decoys work to keep him from being WAY overpowered. The penalties of the ability are the means by which it encourages you to use it smartly.

Weird thing about his ult is that if you do it when you are elevated and get the decoys to drop they dod indeed run, you can also time it with a jump and they run off.

EDIT: OOOOHHHHHH MY GOD. How did I not know this!!!

Last edited:

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Everything seems super different. Been playing for 2 hrs - have not seen a Spitfire yet.

Lol, not exactly related to this in any way other than spitfire, but I had one in a game last night with a heavy mag, don't think anything else, and I came around the corner to someone rezzing maybe 20m away. Put it ADS, center mass, and let 55 shots go. Not *one* of them hit. Proceeded to get melted.

Think I was lagged or server was being weird, but it still made me laugh and think of the pulp fiction scene where the guy unloads and misses Jules entirely from across the room.