• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Spent around $33 I think. For Origin Access and the Founders Pack. Not planning to pay any more for skins but I'll buy the battle passes in the future.

Didn't spend much on Overwatch. As for Rainbow Six Siege, at least $500 (including the multiple times I bought it)

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I bought 20 dollars worth of coins to support Respawn then spent it on Apex packs. It sucked, everything I got was trash.

Also, save for 2-3 skins most cosmetics are not particularly great and not something I'd ever spend money on it. Respawn's artists really dropped the ball on this.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Don't think the skins look that good tbh, and I've gotten one legend from just playing the game. I think the game play is fun but the characters are prty anonymous to me.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Not yet, but will definitely go for the battle pass. I've sunk about 20 hours into it since it came out so dropping them a few £ is only fair right?

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
just like many other games items seems overpriced.. i imagine i would spend more if things had a lower cost when i calculate what each item cost i just left thinking that it is a rippoff, if i could buy 3 items instead of 1 then i would prolly do it.
maybe the battlepass when it launches

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Already got both characters by playing, so no.
Depending on what Battle Pass has I might, but I will not never ever pay for loot boxes.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
I would be open to buy some skins but the ones in the game right now are pretty boring in my opinion. I actually think that the character design as a whole is pretty boring and forgettable (I just like Pathfinder), which doesn't help obviously.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I bought Mirage and will likely get at least the first battle pass, so yes, though I'm not planning on spending a ton. Cosmetics-wise I'm really only interested in banner stuff.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
The game has too many crap items for me to see it as worthwhile.
The only legendary I've gotten has been for the Mastiff which I see once in a blue moon.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Nope, nothing there to buy.

Not that I have bought any Overwatch skins, but at least they look cool. Apex skins look pretty meh

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
Bought the founders pack to support Respawn because I have been enjoying the game so much. Felt like I was robbing them lol

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I'm happy just playing the game and unlocking stuff as i go.
It's the same in Overwatch. I bought the game, have almost 1000 hours on it, but haven't spent a single cent more.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
So far I haven't taken the plunge. The vanity items are mostly pretty bland, so I have had no urge to go in on the cosmetic items.

Although I'll be buying the battle pass when it releases. The game is great, it's the one that has made Battle Royale click for me, and I want to support Respawn's work.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Never spent money on lootboxes before but I got the Starter pack. I'm level 54 right now and you get one lootbox per five levels, they really want you to spend money on these. :/

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Currently I'm not, but I'm almost 100% sure that I'm gonna buy the battle pass once it becomes available.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've spent a little bit so far on a dozen Apex packs, I'll likely pick up the Battle Pass, but beyond that? Doubtful.

There are far too many items to unlock, with too few ways to unlock them. As a result, the low rarity items aren't gradually getting "cleared" so spending my money on packs is fruitless because the odds of getting something good are so low.

The pricing for set items in the store (beyond being predatory) is too high for what you get. The skins are okay but not incredible, and they aren't universal. Paying roughly £10 for a skin on one gun out of dozens, or one character out of 8 just doesn't work in the same way a universal skin on Fortnite does.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I've never spent money on cosmetics, I just don't see the value in them personally. I may get the battle pass though.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Bought the starter pack, I felt like I had to give them money for making this excellent game :) If I continue playing I will probably spend a bit more, but usually I don't go over 50-60 for any f2p game ever. I treat these games as normal releases.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Lmao I love how few people are ripping on them for lootboxes in here. I guess it's ok when it's a game the internet mob likes.

The mob's intentions were clear from the start obviously: it only matters when it's a game they don't like.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Nothing for now, appart from the Origin Access for $1 promo the other day to get 1000 Apex coins.

Will definitely be subscribing to the battlepass, game is amazing beyond words.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
$20 odd bucks, wanted Mirage, got Caustic too. I'm not really a skins/cosmetic guy but I'll happily support quality games.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I love how few people are ripping on them for lootboxes in here. I guess it's ok when it's a game the internet mob likes.

The mob's intentions were clear from the start obviously: it only matters when it's a game they don't like.

"The mob" are usually complaining about loot boxes in a full priced $60 game, this is F2P. Or do you have specific examples?

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed the Starter and Founders Pack to support Respawn! Also gonna get the Battle Pass!

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
"The mob" are usually complaining about loot boxes in a full priced $60 game, this is F2P. Or do you have specific examples?

No, the mob hated lootboxes period for preying on vulnerable adults and kids, which this game has plenty of. F2P or full-price shouldn't change that principle now, should it?

Hell Fortnite threads always got derailed by people complaining about its much more benign microtransactions.

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
Honestly, the lack of cross-progression is stopping me (and I'm sad to hear that there won't ever be cross-progression). I play on PC at work and on PS4 at home. I'm loathed to spend money if I can't use it on both.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Nope, game doesn't have anything worth buying. Reminds me of Siege for it's first five months when the only cosmetics were shitty gunskins, so everyone just saved up for the characters instead.

But it's also early on. It's just kinda surprising, this game's got so much polish that it's a bit shocking there's nothing really worth buying yet. I also dislike the lack of cross-progression. I understand it's rare to implement on PS4/XBO, but I'd at least like to see console + pc cross-progression. It was a lot easier to justify spending money on Fortnite when I can use what I buy on my Switch, Xbox and PC.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
As good as gameplay is, I just don't understand the appeal of the skins in this game. The are way too generic and most seem to just alter the color scheme a bit. Fortnite does a much better job with its cosmetics, everything they sell looks appealing.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, the mob hated lootboxes period for preying on vulnerable adults and kids, which this game has plenty of. F2P or full-price shouldn't change that principle now, should it?

Hell Fortnite threads always got derailed by people complaining about its much more benign microtransactions.
I'm not a fan of loot boxes myself and would prefer to buy stuff directly however to give Respawn credit in game they detail the drop chance %, guaranteed legendary drops every x amount of loot crates opened and confirm no duplicates.

Again I would prefer to buy direct and wont spend 'real money' on loot crates.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to drop some money on it. But the items in the store look bad so far. Making the guns look like toy guns and the legend skins you won't see ingame anyway