• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

firstadopter

Oct 25, 2017
Are you spending real money in Apex Legends? If not, why not? Art style? Don't care about character or weapon skins?

Also interested in spending intentions for Apex Legends versus historical spending in other games like Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, COD Blackout and Overwatch.

Thanks.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
havent had the urge to yet

might change when their verion of the 'battle pass' happens

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
did the founders pack more as a tip for respawn than anything, spent some coins to unlock mirage but am sitting on the rest until the battlepass. never spent anything in overwatch, fortnite or blackout, but I got into r6 late and bought the y1-3 pack when it was $38

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the founders pack because I love the game and want to reward Respawn. Will probably get the battle pass as well.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Bamboozle counter for Mirage is the best thing on the store and it only took 60 scrap to craft.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't, none of the characters really do anything for me to want to invest money into them. That said I'm not against spending money on it or any F2P game as long as it's giving me hours of entertainment.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earned 1000 Credits with the Origin Access thing, didnt even spend that. Gonna wait for the first big update to see what they can add.

The grind to get cool stuff seems crazy though. Level 20 and didnt drop a single legendary item.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I ended up buying the Starter Pack and the Founder's Pack on PS4 after having a few nights in a row where I had extremely pleasant sessions with my brother and a few friends for a few days in a row.

Mostly to just show support for Respawn.

If I continue to enjoy the game, I will not mind throwing them even more money, but the next time I give them money, it'll have to be for key content like access to another map, or instant access to additional Legends (characters). I won't be giving them money on aesthetics anymore, unless it's a charity event.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy to spend money but currently there is nothing that interests me. The founders pack doesn't really seem worth it for me outside of just wanting to support the developers and i'm not a fan of buying loot boxes, i'm also happy to work towards unlocking Caustic and Mirage as I think it'll be more rewarding. I will probably buy the battle pass once it's available depending on how much i'm playing.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Not spending, maybe when the battle pass comes out. I need to see the details of it first. It'd be cool if they did it like fortnite where you could earn enough currency from each battle pass to buy the next one but I'm not counting on it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Got 1,000 coins from EA Access, and bought another 1,000 when I realized I had $9 sitting on a Visa gift card.

So far, I'm definitely invested enough to buy the first Battle Pass.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the starter pack since I've put so much time into it. I'll probably also get the battlepass, but I can't see myself spending any more money outside of that. I don't like most of the skins and so far at least I'm on track to unlock my second character fairly soon just through playing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I spent $1 on Origin Access which was like spending $10 in Apeleg.

You're welcome, EA.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Probably the battle pass depending on what it rewards you. If I can unlock characters faster through the battle pass I'd rather do that than just buying them.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I'll buy the battle pass. If I play a game for a bunch of hours, I owe it to the creators to pay them for their work. And I plan to continue playing so they've earned it. Plus I generally like little challenges in games, like in Fortnite, or achievements/trophies in general.

Have zero interest in skins and stuff though. I AM interested in more legends.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I've spent $10 just because it's a good game. But there's nothing that I really want in the game yet. So I don't really have any reason to spend any money

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't really see a need to spend anything on this game. Or at least not yet. Going to be patient get keep losing until I get the other two legends to try them out, but no need to spend money.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Fuck no.

The cosmetics are 99% complete garbage.

I was scrolling through them all and just thinking, "What kind of sad soul would actually pay money for this tat?"

I unlocked the only character I was interesting in just by playing and I doubt the game will hold my interest long enough for me to worry about new characters.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Bought some Apex packs. Doing it more to support the game than because I actually want any of the cosmetic items.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only BR game that's held my interest, but no I won't. There's no cross progression, so money spent/characters unlocked on one system are tied to that system, and most of the cosmetics aren't good.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I bought the Starter Pack. The banners and skins in the founder's pack aren't impressive enough considering the price. I might buy into the battle pass if it's good.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not yet, I'm really liking the game but I find the majority of the cosmetics to be sort of bland so far. They're releasing the battle pass next month so I might get that. Hopefully they get more creative with the skins in the coming months. Also depends what legends they release next too.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I bought the starter pack for $5 to give them a little for the time I've put into it, but not spending the coins since all the items can be unlocked by playing.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
No. This game feels kind of like it's brilliantly pushing you into it tho. Lost 10 rounds? Bet some new prize packs would cheer ya up, fella.

For me it's the extreme price gouging that makes me say Fuck off. It's absurd what they want me to pay for a fucking skin.

Heard you don't even get packs after so many lvl ups. That's a joke. I'll just use what I do earn to unlock a few dudes and treat it like every other f2p game that's after the whales.

Idk anything about battlepass but unless it's cheap and high value, I won't be buying it either.

PeaceSeeker

Chicken Chaser
Apr 17, 2018
got 1000coins as EA access member

bought both founder and starter packs after two games in day 1 to support respawn.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Was planning on waiting for the battlepass, but if the game wasn't crashing so frequently I would have shelled out for the Founder's already.

Joyful

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not paying over 10$ for a skin no

I did get ea access when it was 1$ which gives you 1000 apex coins
i bought caustic and some apex packs. got mirage by playing normally (takes 23 lvl ups)

I might buy the battle pass dunno yet

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Once good skins drop in, yeah, probably, game is awesome and I want to support Respawn but the skins are kinda weak right now

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
None of the skins interest me so far, I'm willing pay for the battle pass assuming it contains stuff that appeals to me.