• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
"at all"

It's better than the initial impression, but it's still a goofy design.
No goofier than these.

latest

latest

latest

hqdefault.jpg

bDUOLhq.png

HbvCfP6.png

Like I said, they look just like any other Titanfall 2 boss character.

Of course, that's just for the revealed characters so far, but Lifeline looks a bit silly, though.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Ok, so I think i've figured out the order of clips.

1st Clip Reveal of Character
2nd Clip Reveal of Ability
3rd Clip Reveal of "Play of the game" animation
4th Clip Reveal of Emote

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Nah dude. Stay up. The HYPE is all you need. Not sleep.

I give out bad advice for free
Yeah! Fuck it! I don't have to keep my job! LET'S DO IT BABY!

EDIT: Wait, what? Why is Bangalore not an Indian character? Why do Americans always forget Indians exist? :\

Hmm, actually hard to tell. Maybe it is an Indian character in that character portrait? I was under the impression that the character to the left of the character select was Bangalore.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game went from 'rumored' to 'confirmed to exist' to 'reveal tomorrow at 8 AM' and possibly released today in the span of 3 days. As someone who loved Titanfall games, this has been amazing.

I think the real issue is that we were basically told that everything would be revealed at 8am, which isn't accurate. It's not how far away the reveal is, it's the time that was wasted. I'm annoyed, because I set a little bit of time aside at work to watch the reveal at 8am ... And, there wasn't one. Wasting my time is one thing I have a hard time forgiving.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I think the real issue is that we were basically told that everything would be revealed at 8am, which isn't accurate. It's not how far away the reveal is, it's the time that was wasted. I'm annoyed, because I set a little bit of time aside at work to watch the reveal at 8am ... And, there wasn't one. Wasting my time is one thing I have a hard time forgiving.
They said hours ago 8 am would be a teaser, 12 pm full reveal.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They said hours ago 8 am would be a teaser, 12 pm full reveal.

When I went to sleep, we had a single post stating 8am everything would be revealed. When it comes from the boss, that's all I should need. I go to sleep, get ready for work, and log in ... It's not a good way to do things.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
There was a tweet last night clarifying that the game would be teased at 8 and full reveal at 12.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of hate for this game already is insane. You guys are brutal.

Usually you have to wait years to find out what a game is like, this has taken about 3 days to go from not existing to possibly being live.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because you can speculate more wild now? And you also have anticipation.
I guess but wouldn't you rather have more concrete ideas of where to speculate rather than being wrong?
Nah you were clearly raging before I even posted but whatever, good deflection.
Entirely unsurprising that your ability to get a read on a poster's feelings is matched by your ability to read conversations you jump in without knowing whats actually being spoken about.

Also lol at the person talking about deflection who tried posted some nonsense about the game not selling well which had nothing to do with the conversation. (You should also learn what deflection is, I directly addressed you on the point you were making which in and of itself can't be deflecting).

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Literally the only sour taste in my mouth about this right now is presence of "role" symbols on the character select screen. Losing a game because we don't have the right composition—and feeling pressured to switch to something I don't want to play—is really one of my least favorite modern FPS things. It's why i've only ever bounced off Overwatch, and its absence was something I appreciated a lot about games like PUBG, which has substantial, meaningful teamwork without those sorts of elements. Really hope this game doesnt put my 3-stack at a disadvantage for picking off-meta or something.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a tweet last night clarifying that the game would be teased at 8 and full reveal at 12.

It's not my job to follow up on their mistakes - as I said, this was the post from their boss:

So, if you like Respawn, our games or even me, you should tune in tomorrow. Our stream starts at 8am pt and we'll tell you everything about Apex Legends. Everything.

Why would I think anything else from that? And, considering the response on the feed, I was hardly the only person that didn't know. It's just not a good look.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that I really like the environmental diversity of the map that has been shown so far. We saw a lush forest area, a warehouse, and now a more barren and sandy area.

Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.