• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The best thing is I guarantee those aren't the kind of people who even enjoy/play much BR games.

Lol, yeah, 800 hours Fortnite is like nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/DokwsLQ.jpg

Wait why? This looks neat, looking forward to real game play

This "Hero shooter" style just doesn't look good to me and very unattractive.
But I also look forward to see more. Maybe they have some cool mechanics, just the first reaction is like "Urgh".

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Despite the negativity in this thread I am looking forward to the reveal later today, and I really hope they release on console at the same time as PC as I would love to give this a go on my Xbox X. I think the stream will start 16:00 in the UK so only another 5 hours to go.
Remember that it starts as a teaser stream. The real reveal is going to be around noon, so 2-4 hours later.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 days) Antagonising Other Members
Wow, you have played both games already? Could you please go in details why you liked the first one more?
Nope. But I have a game that I play, and I can tell you It's more shitty than cartoony Titanfall Battle Royale game. It's called Battlefield V.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lol, yeah, 800 hours Fortnite is like nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/DokwsLQ.jpg

This "Hero shooter" style just doesn't look good to me and very unattractive.
But I also look forward to see more. Maybe they have some cool mechanics, just the first reaction is like "Urgh".
From where I'm standing, I love overwatch and blackout. This could be the best of both worlds. Since it's respawn, we might get another well responsive first person gun play. On br games your character is just a skin, now it seems that they might have personality, be unique and you have to pick heroes that compliment each other as a team. This might just work

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
some people... smh. Are you guys even enjoy playing games or just browsing forums and shitting on everything? Jesus.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is this titanfall related?

Edit: yes it is, nevermind.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Apex Predators was Pilot mercenary unit. Why would you name your game after a Pilot unit without having any Pilots in it?
In Titanfall 2 you kill all the pilots working for Apex except Kuben Blisk, the leader. If I were to guess how this game carries on the name and lore, I think Blisk is looking for new hires and this is some test to see if you are a worthy soldier before becoming a pilot.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to jump into the next Titanfall. But Battle Royale is sleep inducting RNG fuckery. I really don't like the whole concept. Well, more time for other games I guess.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this but would prefer they went with the titanfall mobile art style

images

images

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Mmm, tasty salt. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Can't really blame the man, things haven't been exactly going smoothly ever since the game announcement and it's shipping. How long did we spend waiting for that Company Coin fix? Community is in a fragile spot.

I do hope Firestorm is a great BR game, but honestly I care more about the traditional MP.

At the same time you have Treyarch who released both Traditional and Balckout on the same day..

Keep up the good work on BfV thou, the updates are coming along nicely.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Can't really blame the man, things haven't been exactly going smoothly ever since the game announcement and it's shipping. How long did we spend waiting for that Company Coin fix? Community is in a fragile spot.

I do hope Firestorm is a great BR game, but honestly I care more about the traditional MP.

At the same time you have Treyarch who released both Traditional and Balckout on the same day..

Keep up the good work on BfV thou, the updates are coming along nicely.

Bringing COD and comparing it to BF makes no sense, BOPS4 has 3 developers working on the title, BF is DICE only. They managed to get Blackout early because Raven was apparenty free and they did a quick BR mode. Beenox worked on the PC version.

And bringing BFV to try and attack a developer in a thread not related to BF V is a shitty thing to do. This thread is about Respawn and Apex, not BF.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this a bad thing?

The most popular and successful shooters in the market right now are exactly that, cartoonish.

Well, yes. The same as every MMORPG after World of Warcraft tried to copy its style.

...They all failed. Those that went somewhere are those that set themselves apart.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well, yes. The same as every MMORPG after World of Warcraft tried to copy its style.

...They all failed. Those that went somewhere are those that set themselves apart.

I would say it isn't the art style that make or break a game (of course it can contribute), but if a game plays bad it is bad.

DreamVsPS2

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Dec 24, 2018
It will most likely be like Fortine. 100% free and you can buy dance and costumes.
Why are people so obsessed with P2W?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Anyone has ideas about how much P2W is this gonna be?

I believe it's purely cosmetics so shouldn't have any P2W elements. Did hear talk of Overwatch style loot boxes but I'd like to think that info is outdated and that EA wouldn't be stupid enough to take that approach in the current climate. Titanfall 2 had a fairly reasonable MTX side to it.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
What's the going rate to get a popular streamer to play your game? I feel like there needs to be way more transparency when it comes to companies paying guys like Dr. Disrespect and Shroud to play their game. Put a big "sponsored by" watermark at the bottom of the stream or something!
Depends on the streamer, the game, how much time, etc. It can go from 2-3k to 10k for a sponsored stream.

I really recommend everyone interested in how much can a popular streamer can make in rough numbers to watch this video by DisguisedToast. It's based on his first hand experience and data. EA is POURING money into this, just like they poured it for BF5. Only people at EA and DICE could tell you if it was worth it or not, but I guess it was since they keep doing it. And by the way, I can't wait to try BF5's BR mode too. I bought the game at launch but haven't really played it that much yet since I've not been too happy with it and I'm waiting until things get to a better spot. Certainly not as much as I played BF1.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's purely cosmetics so shouldn't have any P2W elements. Did hear talk of Overwatch style loot boxes but I'd like to think that info is outdated and that EA wouldn't be stupid enough to take that approach in the current climate. Titanfall 2 had a fairly reasonable MTX side to it.

I haven't played TF2 MP and it's been a long time since I played TF MP, but didn't TF have cards that could be used that were use once /few times and gone? I wonder if with this being in the TF universe it might have something similar.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played TF2 MP and it's been a long time since I played TF MP, but didn't TF have cards that could be used that were use once /few times and gone? I wonder if with this being in the TF universe it might have something similar.
frontier defense is great fun, and I think it needs to be included on launch with 3.
I think Titanfall 3 can build a comprehensive co-op experience through it, shit they could even make it an openworld co-op and have loot and shit.

"boosts" are kinda like killstreaks, but its a meter that builds even if you die

I'm intrigued by this announcement, and will tune in

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think anyone would've a problem with -cosmetic- loot boxes in a free-to-play game.

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, burn cards that was it. Did boosts replace them?
Boost completely replaced burn cards but you could only use boosts once per Titan drop as they are tied to your Titan meter. Also you are locked into the boost you chose from the start of the match. The variety in boosts were lacking though (about 10 of them), there were boosts that never saw any real play.

Status
Not open for further replies.