• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
All this news got me in the mood to play some good Titanfall MP, so I uninstalled Titanfall 2 and downloaded Titanfall during the Super Bowl.

Surprisingly was able to get right into some 5v5 and 6v6 Last Titan Standing. Played some Angel City. Some Outpost 207. Some Overlook. Some Runoff. Some Wargames.

So many amazing maps. And I didn't even get Smugglers Cove, Fracture, Relic, Airbase, or Corporate.

was this on pc or xbox? i was thinking of doing the same because this news hyped me up but i figured the game would be dead and i wouldnt be able to find a match.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
8am PST? Hello, what time is that for the rest of the world. Can we have a countdown, pls?
t1549296000z4.png

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I love TF, but I don't like BR.

y2Zwk.gif
Think of this as a new futuristic IP from Respawn that just happens to take place in the Titanfallverse. This is not something specifically geared towards Titanfall fans at all, it neither has pilots nor titans from what we've heard so far.

If I understand correctly Robert Bowling also involved with this not directly at Respawn but his bio says he works as "Creative Consultant" for EA.

He's also teasing Infinity Ward's modern day CoD game this year in this tweet thread.

Last edited:

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone chasing that Battle Royal money bubble.

I'd have been totally down for a multiplayer only Titanfall. This though? Not my thing.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I love the classic style of game community release reactions is still in effect.

Leak the game before devs can even say a word. Find some blurry terrible picture. Judge it completely off that. Question why a developer would show their game that way. Get overly dramatic about such little information. Repeat.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I love the classic style of game community release reactions is still in effect.

Leak the game before devs can even say a word. Find some blurry terrible picture. Judge it completely off that. Question why a developer would show their game that way. Get overly dramatic about such little information. Repeat.
It's nauseating.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Not following the aesthetic of the previous games, no cool Pilot designs, no Titans, no advanced movement mechanics, role/character based battle royal...

I'm not one to complain about spin-offs being different from the main games, or series experimenting with different styles, but like... who is this for? The gunplay will probably be good (great even) but it will certainly not feature anything that'd satisfy a fan of Titanfall. And it almost certainly won't entice people away from other BR shooters out there. So... what's the point, other than chasing trends?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the full reveal will blow expectations, maybe it'll be the most innovative Battle Royale-hero based-scifi shooter out there. Maybe I'm being overly cynical. I dunno.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Guys wait lol. People are dooming the game already and no one has seen or played it the full game yet here.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people are saying the art style is "like fortnite" at all, it looks like a class based FPS, that character name in ss is brutal though.

Seems mental to chastise the game already when there is zero actual information and it's not even called titanfall.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Guys wait lol. People are dooming the game already and no one has seen or played it the full game yet here.

If the gameplay shown tmw is good attitudes here will shift real quick (hopefully). The doom and gloom gets annoying tho, I agree lol. It's always like that tho.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Please be good. TF2 is awesome and I don't mind a BR game in the veins of it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't get it, if the game isn't going to have the Titans, the advanced movement or anything, why? I mean that's like one of the key things that 'd make it "different" from the other BR games, you strip it all away and it just makes it more generic and more like PUBG/Fortnite and such.

They should lean more into those elements instead of taking them out.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Not following the aesthetic of the previous games, no cool Pilot designs, no Titans, no advanced movement mechanics, role/character based battle royal...

I'm not one to complain about spin-offs being different from the main games, or series experimenting with different styles, but like... who is this for? The gunplay will probably be good (great even) but it will certainly not feature anything that'd satisfy a fan of Titanfall. And it almost certainly won't entice people away from other BR shooters out there. So... what's the point, other than chasing trends?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the full reveal will blow expectations, maybe it'll be the most innovative Battle Royale-hero based-scifi shooter out there. Maybe I'm being overly cynical. I dunno.

You haven't even seen gameplay or played it yet, lol. Or a trailer.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It's strange how the Titanfall devs can get so much more out of the Source engine (even if modified) than Valve can. I mean, look at Counter-Strike: Danger Zone, it doesn't even look in the same league as TitanFall 2, which is gorgeous all round. Let's see what they do with this.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's strange how the Titanfall devs can get so much more out of the Source engine (even if modified) than Valve can. I mean, look at Counter-Strike: Danger Zone, it doesn't even look in the same league as TitanFall 2, which is gorgeous all round. Let's see what they do with this.

CSGO isn't aiming for graphical fidelity. High (150+) framerate even on the low end systems is far more important for that game than the visuals.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they haven't even said anything about titans or titanfall it's just that they also made titanfall?

Let's just hate everything before seeing it. It could be total dung but at least wait until you have seen it in action or played it to take a dump on it, and if you just aren't interested then let it pass you by and don't waste your time.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone besides commenters pitching this as a "Titanfall Battle Royale" rather than just a BR game from respawn? Did anything official suggest it's related to TF?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
CSGO isn't aiming for graphical fidelity. High (150+) framerate even on the low end systems is far more important for that game than the visuals.

Ah, righto. I still get 70-100fps in TF2 with my old rig (980Ti) and 150+ with my new rig (2080Ti), but I guess Valve wants to target lower end systems for maximum exposure. Under the same breath Apex is dropping the A.I and Titans which should help load, but this is all speculation at this point.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why there would be no titans or wall running? How is it really a Titanfall game then?

NikkiNailZ

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know Titanfall looked like Fortnite. I'm all-in for a futuristic BR but not if it looks like a cartoon.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
I was mildly interested despite everything. At least Titanfall has a great engine and a very cool art direction.

But goofy characters...? Nope.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Seems to be chatter swirling suggesting it's a PC beta today. Hoping that info is outdated and that consoles will also be able to play today. Selfishly Titanfall has always felt like a more console orientated game to me.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
I love Titanfall, but everything about this is a complete bummer. I'll be surprised if it doesn't bomb.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019

The simple solution is to stop thinking of it as a Titanfall game. There's a reason they're not calling it "Titanfall: Battle Royale" or something, it's not supposed to be the same. It only takes place in the same universe.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.