• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
qcnmpok1kge21.jpg

Dunno if real (Its from reddit).. but confirms release date of tomm or could be april 2nd :P
In everywhere but the US, 4/2/19 means February 4th, 2019 which is tomorrow.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for the best, because Titanfall 2 is god-tier, but I'm doubtful that something being revealed like this is going to be good.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly with how good Titanfall character movement feels across the board, I would dabble in this.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is this a separate client that's going to be free or you still have to own titanfall 1st?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. Sieges launch was awful because of the netcode and performance. That's what Silver-Streak meant
I've played since launch on all platforms, I do know what the netcode was like and I can tell you that while a big issue, it was not really why people thought it was "not great". If that was the primary reason then the game would still have had a high number of players around launch then dwindle in population once people realised the game was bad due to the netcode when it was the other way around. Cause you see you'd have to actually play the game to experience the bad netcode. Moreoever, the netcode issues from launch didn't get fixed by and large until Operation health more than a year later and the game was still gaining players in this time and already had a reputation of "Oh this game is actually quite good".

Regardless my argument was that the core of the game was always good as even now it's the same core, it didn't magically change its gameplay over time.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
This game isn't coming out tomorrow? Not even a beta?
Definitely sounds like the game (or at least an open beta type thing) is coming out tomorrow, popped in on Shroud's stream and he's planning a 10 hour stream of "the Battle Royale developed by Respawn which he is not allowed to say more about"

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think that the existence of this game kind of seals the deal for the battlefield br mode. They could have stealth canceled it or if it ever does come out it will just be to compliment BF as a whole instead of be an actual thing. It other words it will be a novelty game mode that people try, get a laugh out of, and go back to playing regular Battlefield.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
If I understand correctly Robert Bowling also involved with this not directly at Respawn but his bio says he works as "Creative Consultant" for EA.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.
Well, this game is not called Titanfall.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's Respawn so that's enough to make me interested at least.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's so, so, so much misinformation about this game. I'd suggest you wait until tomorrow :)

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I was never very good at Titanfall multiplayer, but it sure did feel good, so if this game has the same general movement feel, I'm in.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Saw this going around. Not sure if it is legit or not.

JcWv7NX.jpg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Big yikes if this is real. Uniques don't work for BR because one character (or characters) will be better than the others based on abilities alone. Not a good idea.

It also looks like they ripped off SSX's art direction which was great for a snowboarding game but it doesn't feel like Titanfall. Like, at all.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If you have actual classes that would make this seem much more squad focused to me, to the point that I wonder if solo is even an option.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the leak (that has otherwise turned out to be right in all other ways) says 5 characters at release, at least 2 of which can be earned with in-game currency?

Either way, 'unique characters' seems like a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.