• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Titanfall and Titanfall 2 are both based on Source.

I know, and they're great games. But they're not on a huge open map, and they don't have dozens of players per match. The only attempt we've seen with Source to do something resembling a BR is the CS:GO Danger Zone thing which is limited to 18 players and, IME, is laggy and janky. I wonder if we're getting a full 100 player per game experience here, or something smaller scale.

If Treyarch can wrangle their engine to produce a BR that plays as nicely as Blackout does, hopefully Respawn can with Source.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
However the game ends up being they've really nailed the marketing. I kinda like this kind of announcement. Also we've got talented devs behind this project, so as someone who's far from burned out by BR games, I'm excited.

Dec 15, 2018
wait so there's no wall running? i can do without the titans but no wall running seems crazy. please tell me they have the jet pack double jump at least

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

CYBpnJ3.gif

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I know, and they're great games. But they're not on a huge open map, and they don't have dozens of players per match. The only attempt we've seen with Source to do something resembling a BR is the CS:GO Danger Zone thing which is limited to 18 players and, IME, is laggy and janky. I wonder if we're getting a full 100 player per game experience here, or something smaller scale.

If Treyarch can wrangle their engine to produce a BR that plays as nicely as Blackout does, hopefully Respawn can with Source.

That's fair, I guess I'm just optimistic after seeing Blackout pull off 100 players on the CoD engine. I'm sure what Respawn is using is similarly modified at this point but we'll have to see!

I just can't imagine them putting out a product that doesn't run at 60 after all their talk about what a necessity it is for the kind of games they make.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Something about the "keep the game totally under wraps for years of development, then suddenly reveal it via an incomprehensible series of tweets that make it absolutely impossible to tell when anything is happening, or what is going to happen" is rrrrreally tickling me. Like running a marathon and then going into some bizarre ropeadope bob-and-weave thing for the very last yard.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Something about the "keep the game totally under wraps for years of development, then suddenly reveal it via an incomprehensible series of tweets that make it absolutely impossible to tell when anything is happening, or what is going to happen" is rrrrreally tickling me. Like running a marathon and then going into some bizarre ropeadope bob-and-weave thing for the very last yard.

it is super confusing

benj

Oct 27, 2017
We look forward to having shared our game with you before the next big release event announcing tomorrow's live stream, available to play NOW!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dunno, kinda refreshing compared to getting something revealed and waiting years for release/info lol.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Well, since there is no teaser this should count as "hype builder" technically this is their first relatively traditional "fps" game since the GOAT.

Neolombax

Nov 28, 2018
Sounds interesting, but no Mechs is a bit off putting. In any case, I would give it a whole hearted go. I loved my time with Titanfall 2.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This thread just reminded me that I really need to play Titanfall 2.

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
Is this coming out or just being revealed, this is the worst most confusing announcement ever.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so was there anything shown during the Superbowl yet? Will anything?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
goddamn it stop saying TOMORROW on twitter that means nothing to people not in your time zone or people who read it long, long after you post it. Give a specific date, time, and timezone!

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did Vince talk about half-time then? This announcement plan isn't too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.