• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
We have a logo

icjy4s4.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/

Very Web 2.0, Respawn.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.

Is it called Titanfall: Apex Legends?

Is it called Apex Legends: a Titanfall story?

Where is it titled Titanfall at all?

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
What's the going rate to get a popular streamer to play your game? I feel like there needs to be way more transparency when it comes to companies paying guys like Dr. Disrespect and Shroud to play their game. Put a big "sponsored by" watermark at the bottom of the stream or something!

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
What's the going rate to get a popular streamer to play your game? I feel like there needs to be way more transparency when it comes to companies paying guys like Dr. Disrespect and Shroud to play their game. Put a big "sponsored by" watermark at the bottom of the stream or something!

Pretty sure they do a Sponsorship label in the title of the stream.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That implies that there's a heavy element of RNG in BR, which I don't know enough about the genre to say either way, but if that's true that's a huge bummer.

There is. A lot rides on what loot you are able to find when you drop. But since it's random every time, it feels fair. Of course, what you do with that loot is up to you and skill is a big factor mid-to-late game.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to be positive about a company chasing trends with a Johnny-come-lately game like this, but I'll reserve full judgment until tomorrow.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The superbowl lasts a lot of hours right? I think it will be over at 1am here in Argentina, so I will probably try it tomorrow anyway.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I hope the fact that it's based on Source doesn't mean it plays as shitty as the CS:GO battle royale mode though. That was janky as fuck when I tried it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I wonder if a dev will ever implement skill based matchmaking in a BR game. There's always that one guy in a BR lobby who straight up demolishes everyone.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I can't say I'm excited for a new, free to play, battle royale announcement in 2019 that instantly gets hyped like it could be gods greatest creation.

New BR, F2P, in 2019. That just sounds unattractive and no wonder this industry is in the current state as it is with companies trying to chase and copy the hottest shit over and over and monetize it to the bones with microtransactions and influecer marketing.

But, I will give it a shot, who knows. I want to be fair.
The only thing I really hope at least is that it's still a real classic BR game, rather slow, tactical, sneaky, just, Battle Royal and not a standard super fast shooter with 60 player and elimination as only difference instead of 12 players and points for kills. Hope it's at least true to the original genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.