• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This'll probably be the first Battle Royale I'll really get into, assuming it's 60FPS and has those top tier TF2 physics and controls. Also, please let us adjust the FOV on consoles like in TF2.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to try it out! Especially since it's free :P

In terms of the story, I'll post a theory of mine I just had in another thread:

With a name like (Apex) Legends, I sort of assume it'll be set in a time period well before Titans were invented. The hero characters might each represent a characteristic or specific ability that a Pilot would have. Then, they'll explain that the set of heroes were the basis of the Pilot program/training simulations and the constant BR dropping in and repeatedly dying loop is them training the simulations or something!

Curious to see how they handle the Titanfall background of things!

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"I may know exactly one fact about this game, and I may have absolutely no personal experience with designing this game, with what the designers have tried, or with what the designers' intentions are for their game, but allow me to solve what I perceive to be an enormous design flaw with some incredibly basic idea that I'm sure simply never occurred to them."

Yikes. hmu on Monday I suppose.

No, this game is called Apex Legends.

Apex are a crew of pilots.

Yes. Titan pilots. A crew of titan pilots. From the series Titanfall, where titans drop out of the sky.

I don't doubt that this game will be good. I trust Respawn. Titanfall is my favorite multiplayer shooter of this gen. But I liked the titan bit of that a lot and it might be a bummer to see that disappear, even if the game is great without it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, has this even been seen before? So it hasn't even leaked and we are getting it after the super bowl? How in the heck did this stay leak free, especially if it is being launched straight after.
It's launching tomorrow, but being revealed after the super bowl.

At least that's what I get from Geoff's strangely worded tweet.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Actually now I'm super confused, is it the trailer or the actual game stealth releasing? In the Kotaku article it says "it's called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4." That implies the game will be out on those platforms come Monday, but that can't be right?
It's launching tomorrow, but being revealed after the super bowl.

At least that's what I get from Geoff's strangely worded tweet.
Yeah the wording on the tweet and the article don't correlate with each other. So it is being revealed but is also coming out? I guess that is leaks for you, inconsistent garble.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So...announcement/trailer tonight with a release tomorrow?

Or no announcement until tomorrow?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff, every day after this one is "after the Super Bowl". You're commiting a flagrant hashtag foul, lol.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet really manages to pack an incredible amount of bizarre ambiguity into what initially looks like a pretty straightforward sentence.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is removing titans understandable. The game is called Titanfall. You do well, a titan drops, you get a titan for a bit. Eventually the titan gets destroyed. Make the Titan's super weak and drop frequently, that solves the battle royale problem.

It doesn't. For BR to work, anything you can find/gain/pick up has to be randomly placed in the world. A system that rewards players for getting a lot of kills/points/whatever inherently breaks the feeling that anyone can win.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Credit where credit is due, wasn't it the quartering who originally broke this news? I remember seeing a lot of posts claiming b.s. because of the source.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty excited. Haven't played a Titanfall game before but have the second in my backlog. Never got into a BR game because the building aspects of Fortnite and the jank of PUBG turned me off.

MW 1 and 2 are definitely at the top of my fps list from last gen and I can't wait to see Respawn's twist.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pilot v Pilot was my jam. So no Titan sounds like perfect.

The BR part though.....lol

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff, every day after this one is "after the Super Bowl". You're commiting a flagrant hashtag foul, lol.

Yeah this is infuriating. Just say "tonight after the super bowl" smh.

It doesn't. For BR to work, anything you can find/gain/pick up has to be randomly placed in the world. A system that rewards players for getting a lot of kills/points/whatever inherently breaks the feeling that anyone can win.

That implies that there's a heavy element of RNG in BR, which I don't know enough about the genre to say either way, but if that's true that's a huge bummer.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Good luck to them.
I feel like if your BR is not about to release soon, though, you might want to start thinking about the next thing. Don't see that genre as such a broad genre where many games can stay afloat, specially when one of the competitors is Fortnite. Either you give your game a massive twist, or you're bound to get ignored, I think.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
maybe i give it a shot only because i love Respawn but didnt have the opportunity to play both Titanfall games (own both) but didnt like killing bots on a multiplayer game and no the low count of players maybe i played 5 hrs in total xD
Drop everything and start playing Titanfall 2's campaign ASAP. It's a blast through and through and never overstays its welcome.
What a ride.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Tommorrow after the Superbowl after next week in game magazines

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Figured that's what they would do. Can't wait to see this in action. Already reinstalled Titanfall 2 to get in the mood lol.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
We have a logo

icjy4s4.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
If it's in the titanfall universe, it absolutely should have titans in it. But like, in the final zone area that only drops once there's less than 10 players, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.