• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The interview referenced in the article by the AP in 2019 is going to fuel a lot of division, especially from skeptics.

Yeah. The line about Biden not being the kind of guy to get her alone in a room is going to get a lot of play even though it shouldn't given that it's pretty typical when someone is working towards coming forward with rape allegations. It's why some of Clinton's horrible behavior gets written off to this day.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
The linked story does claim an anonymous witness that backs up her claim.

But it also has a statement from Reade from last year that could be construed as problematic for her.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a sexual harassment claim to me

""I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable," Reade said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press. "I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault."

That is something that she heard about from fellow coworkers according to her prior statements. If I remember correctly...she never heard from Biden that he liked her legs and wanted her to serve drinks.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going on FOX to share a sexual harassment story on the Democrat candidate for presidency is like the worst idea ever if you want to sound credible, credible as: It will get downplayed to hell and back as just another tactic to smear the left by GOP, FOX & co. It's not a good look.

Is she going there because all the other outlets are refusing to have her?

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Is she changing her story here or did she claim before she did mention assault or harassment in her complaint?

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Why was she going on Fox?

Going on Fox actually helps her in the court of public opinion. Right now the people she has given interviews in the media are only on the far, far left. Chris Wallace is a legit news anchor, not a weeknight or weekend commentator, ad Fox News is for once not that awful baddie it usually is.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going on FOX to share a sexual harassment story on the Democrat candidate for presidency is like the worst idea ever if you want to sound credible, credible as: It will get downplayed to hell and back as just another tactic to smear the left by GOP, FOX & co.

Someone posted elsewhere that Joy Reid has invited her on her show. I don't have a link or anything so take it with a grain of salt.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Going on FOX to share a sexual harassment story on the Democrat candidate for presidency is like the worst idea ever if you want to sound credible, credible as: It will get downplayed to hell and back as just another tactic to smear the left by GOP, FOX & co. It's not a good look.

nope, she was invited to AM Joy and chose Fox though it's now cancelled.

less

Oct 25, 2017

Here we go:

Reade also claimed her supervisor asked her to serve drinks at an event as part of her job. When she asked why she was chosen for this assignment, "I was told that Sen. Biden wanted me to 'serve drinks at an event' because he 'liked my legs' and thought I was 'pretty,'" Reade wrote in an April 17th, 2019 op-ed for The Union newspaper in California.

Reade says she was effectively forced out of Biden's office not long afterward. She worked for Biden for roughly nine months, from December 1992 to August 1993.

www.rollingstone.com

Here's What We Know About Tara Reade's Allegations Against Joe Biden

A comprehensive look at the details and timing of Reade's accusations, Biden's denials and the evidence surrounding the alleged assault

Definitely an uncomfortable work environment but not directly by Biden I guess? Very likely that the complaint was about this.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go:

www.rollingstone.com

Here's What We Know About Tara Reade's Allegations Against Joe Biden

A comprehensive look at the details and timing of Reade's accusations, Biden's denials and the evidence surrounding the alleged assault

Definitely an uncomfortable work environment but not directly by Biden I guess? Very likely that the complaint was about this.
I mean if that is true, then it muddles this. Obviously still uncomfortable and not right, but changes things.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
So, there are more anonymous sources who said Reade told them about the sexual assault in 1993.

We also know Joe Biden has a history of unwanted touching and open inappropriate behavior in the halls of congress.

Whether or not the word "harassment" appears on the complaint filed doesn't seem as relevant.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
This confuses me though. Didn't Reade say that she tried last year to contact journalists about her story but no one returned her calls?

"Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she "chickened out" after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of inappropriate touching and behavior that made her uncomfortable. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee."

Oct 28, 2017
Geeze, I can't imagine how much pressure she is feeling from the media and everyone
She would have to be delusional or wildly naive to expect any less in this day and age.
www.nytimes.com

Why Won’t TV News Book Tara Reade? (Published 2020)

The stakes are high for the media in the case of a sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden.
Both MSNBC and CNN stated on their airwaves yesterday that they put in requests to interview her and had not heard back from her.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So, there are more anonymous sources who said Reade told them about the sexual assault in 1993.

We also know Joe Biden has a history of unwanted touching and open inappropriate behavior in the halls of congress.

Whether or not the word "harassment" appears on the complaint filed doesn't seem as relevant.

These are the same anonymous sources from the initial reporting a few weeks ago. The newest supporting evidence came last week from her neighbor.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

There aren't more anonymous sources referenced in the article.

These are the same people referenced from the original story. One was told in 1993 and the other about fragments of harassment in 2008.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My mistake. I agree even if there's no complaint she's definitely telling the truth given the pattern and history of Joe. Joe opened those archives knowing something won't be found to help his case while he's still a rapist.
There is no complaint of sexual harassment, as Tara has just confirmed. I wasn't calling that into question, just pointing out that its absence doesn't mean she wasn't raped. Any number of reasons for her not to have included that in the record. It's impossible to judge in hindsight the actions of sexual assault victims because they're often working from under a state of extreme duress, intimidation and fear.

That being said, this is a pretty clear example of her lying. She has claimed, strongly, two very contradictory things. No one needs to infuse their emotions into that declaration; Just facts. To moderates, it appears Biden called her bluff by aggressively requesting those records himself and forced her to modify her story. If you believe Reade, you can still accept that she was dishonest in her wording for any number of reasons but the core of her allegation is true.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
There is no complaint of sexual harassment, as Tara has just confirmed. I wasn't calling that into question, just pointing out that its absence doesn't mean she wasn't raped. Any number of reasons for her not to have included that in the record. It's impossible to judge in hindsight the actions of sexual assault victims because they're often working from under a state of extreme duress, intimation and fear.

That being said, this is a pretty clear example of her lying. She has claimed, strongly, two very contradictory things. No one needs to infuse their emotions into that declaration; Just facts. To moderates, it appears Biden called her bluff by aggressively requesting those records himself and forced her to modify her story. If you believe Reade, you can still accept that she was dishonest in her wording for any number of reasons but the core of her allegation is true.
She confirmed her complaint doesn't explicitly use the word harassment not that it substantively doesn't contain allegations of harassement

I would encourage you to read the article again.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't more anonymous sources referenced in the article.

These are the same people referenced from the original story. One was told in 1993 and the other about fragments of harassment in 2008.
My mistake. They said additional people and I didn't realize they were referencing earlier reporting.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019

To be fair, Chris Wallace is as solid and fair a newsman as anyone in the business.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
She confirmed her complaint doesn't explicitly use the word harassment not that it substantively doesn't contain allegations of harassement

We'll know more once the complaint is released. If it is about other people telling her things (serve drinks, he likes your legs) I think that will probably kill the story. If its about Biden specifically making her uncomfortable it would be different.

Her tweets were pretty strongly worded that she has filed a harassment (and more) complaint that most people will interpret as being directly about Biden, it makes sense given that it was a point in time in which she was largely being ignored by reporters and was probably extremely frustrated.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the rape which has contemporaneous people confirming she talked to her about it, but we're in the court of public opinion here and the burden is always on the victim to not make a single misstep real or imagined.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She says they're the only ones who asked her but that contradicts claims made by at least two anchor/shows. It's possible she made this claim before they asked her though since that timeline isn't clear.

moot now if she's canceled that appearance. Frankly I think it's good for her and any other cases NOT to go on Fox. she'd be better served on a more vanilla network or at least a nonpartisan show.

It's a serious allegation and any whiff of partisanship is unhelpful- for Biden too - msnbc is nothing like the Dem version of Fox - but that's the impression mainstream voters and viewers have. Going on Scarborough was the equivalent of her going on Wallace - the least partisan show on each.

I'm at least glad a woman interviewed Biden though- I'm not a fan of Mika but she badgered him and asked him repeated questions he didn't like- but yikes at the optics of two old white Joes if it had been Scarborough.

What this country really needs is a Jeremy Paxman. He's probably be extremely lonely though and with mostly empty seats opposite him.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"I filed a complaint re his sexual harassment and worse." -Reade, March 6

"I filed a complaint against Joe Biden for sexual harassment and more." -Reade, March 18

"I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists, but any and all other documents in the records that relate to the allegation." -Biden, May 1

"I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault." -Reade, May 2

Zero commentary from me. Direct quotes from both parties.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

More tweets against this. Also why she cancelled the Fox interview since this is also a discussion here.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Attempting to Discredit a Sexual Assault Victim Over Multiple Threads
Her pro-Putin stance is kinda worrying.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I'm not trying to at all minimize any threats, etc. but she's been interviewed multiple times, been on podcasts, and recently claimed she wanted to tell her story but no one wanted to interview her. This is a very sudden shift.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, Obama & Ted Kennedy's Senate Office copies of personnel files were thrown out when their Senate Offices were closed, so if this exists, it's only in the Senate archives.