• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
apnews.com

Senate GOP blocks domestic terrorism bill, gun policy debate

A bipartisan group of senators is trying to find a compromise on gun legislation. That's after Democrats’ first attempt at responding to the back-to-back mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde, Texas, failed Thursday in the Senate.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats' first attempt at responding to the back-to-back mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde, Texas,failed in the Senate Thursday as Republicans blocked a domestic terrorism bill that would have opened debate on difficult questions surrounding hate crimes and gun safety.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. tried to nudge Republicans into taking up a domestic terrorism bill that had cleared the House quickly last week after mass shootings at a grocery store in Buffalo, New York, and a church in Southern California targeting people of color. He said it could become the basis for negotiation.

But the vote failed along party lines, raising fresh doubts about the possibility of robust debate, let alone eventual compromise, on gun safety measures. The final vote was 47-47, short of the 60 needed to take up the bill. All Republicans voted against it.

"None of us are under any illusions this will be easy," Schumer said ahead of the vote.

Republicans pushing laws that take away women's rights to their own bodies, criminalising care for trans kids. All while fighting to the very death to ensure no meaningful gun control never happens.

America is a failed state.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I rewy don't know what the solution is but it's enraging how seemingly half of the country wants us to continue down a path of self destruction.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
And the Democrats will get blamed for the Republicans' obstruction.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Democrats need to mention this 24/7 until the Republican Party doesn't exist anymore. The Republican Party is the Party of Evil.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Block domestic terrorism bill and then insist that only brown people are terrorists.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
I rewy don't know what the solution is but it's enraging how seemingly half of the country wants us to continue down a path of self destruction.

5 years ago, I would have said the solution is for more elected democrats in the senate, but we can't even get rid of the filibuster thanks to the king and queen of the democrats, Manchin and Sinema.

We can only hope and pray for miracles in the midterms.

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
I have the feeling we will never get proper gun control in our lifetime. Just more thoughts and prayers.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
What an utterly broken country - when was the last time the U.S had a semblance of a functional gov't?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
But I was told the Dems weren't trying hard enough.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And water is wet, nothing happened after sandy hook, not sure why anyone thought it would be different

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
Meanwhile, on Fox News the headline was "Schumer blocks Republican school safety bill." I hate it.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
The AP really needs to stop using the Republicans preferred name. There is power in language and calling Republicans GOP gives the party too much of a positive connotation.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apnews.com

Senate GOP blocks domestic terrorism bill, gun policy debate

A bipartisan group of senators is trying to find a compromise on gun legislation. That's after Democrats’ first attempt at responding to the back-to-back mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde, Texas, failed Thursday in the Senate.

Republicans pushing laws that take away women's rights to their own bodies, criminalising care for trans kids. All while fighting to the very death to ensure no meaningful gun control never happens.

America is a failed state.

Oh my friend. America is not a failed state. Its working as intended.

Jan 18, 2018
Yeeeah, when we gonna pull up?
They killing us without lifting a finger and we still tryina play by the rules they push on us but don't follow

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Democrats need to mention this 24/7 until the Republican Party doesn't exist anymore. The Republican Party is the Party of Evil.
Haha, it's gonna take a weee bit more than mentioning the GOP's evil 24/7 to make them go away. This is all just a part of their fascist coup by technically legal means. They're not going anywhere precisely because of shit like this.