• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anything done to help Puerto Rico or any plans to reform police and eliminate ICE.

Turning the dial to get more racists on board is a dem move for sure.

Campaign your Congress folks to pass legislation in the areas you want to see happen. Biden will sign said legislation, Trump won't. It's not much more complicated than that.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Shocker: a Democrat has a strategy to appeal to repubs disaffected by Repub disappointment #324121.

Happened after Nixon, happened after Reagan (to the point that the Democrats shifted their entire party to go a Third Way), happened after Dubya and the Great Recession, happened when Tea Party politics kicked into gear 2010-2014, and was happening in 2016 for Hillary against Trump with basically the same headline:
www.nytimes.com

Hillary Clinton Targets Republicans Turned Off by Donald Trump (Published 2016)

Mrs. Clinton has broadened her economic message, sought endorsements from G.O.P. influencers and pledged that her husband, popular with blue-collar voters, will work to create jobs.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I find it hilarious Sanders supporters are bashing Biden for reaching out to Republican voters but support Sanders for going on Joe Rogan's podcast for doing the same thing.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Shocker: a Democrat has a strategy to appeal to repubs disaffected by Repub disappointment #324121.

Happened after Nixon, happened after Reagan (to the point that the Democrats shifted their entire party to go a Third Way), happened after Dubya and the Great Recession, happened when Tea Party politics kicked into gear 2010-2014, and was happening in 2016 for Hillary against Trump with basically the same headline:
www.nytimes.com

Hillary Clinton Targets Republicans Turned Off by Donald Trump (Published 2016)

Mrs. Clinton has broadened her economic message, sought endorsements from G.O.P. influencers and pledged that her husband, popular with blue-collar voters, will work to create jobs.
Thank you.

I dont understand it at all. THIS time it will work!!

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't care. Whatever it takes. Get that orange turd out of the white house.

2w2wli.gif

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ITT some people don't understand that to be elected you need to appeal to as many people as possible.

That doesn't mean changing policies, but it does mean campaigning and reaching out to people not in the party.
Especially if you want to have coattails and take back the Senate and expand the house majority. Need to be big tent.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything done to help Puerto Rico or any plans to reform police and eliminate ICE.
I agree he needs to come out stronger on cops and ICE, but I am not going to throw my vote away because he isn't exactly in line with all my issues.

Regarding Puerto Rico, here is his op ed:
www.orlandosentinel.com

Joe Biden: Puerto Rico deserves more respect than Donald Trump has given | Commentary

Our president should be able to meet a simple test: understanding that Puerto Ricans are American citizens, and that they are entitled to — and deserve — the same support from the Unite…
wearemitu.com

Joe Biden Released A New Platform Regarding Puerto Rico.

The island has long been ignored by the federal government, so what does Joe Biden's plan mean for the people of Puerto Rico?

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Problem is that they extend this attitude in policy and then we get republican appealing policies and legislature instead of shit we really want

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
"Biden's campaign tries to get more votes than Trump"

Online leftists complain that winning an election by a larger margin and securing full Democratic control of Washington DC will somehow result in nothing changing for the better.

The silent majority nonsense that the online left keeps clinging to became tiring a long time ago. I wish it was true, but it isn't unfortunately.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Wonder what the Venn diagram looks like of people who are decrying this strategy but insisted Bernie appearing on Joe Rogan was a good thing.

As long as his campaign is only doing this in supplement of winning traditional Dem voters no one should have any reasonable objection to this, literally every campaign tries to win over disaffected voters from the other side and there's always a not-insignificant number of party switchers in every election. 2016 featured a number of Obama-Trump voters and Romney-Clinton voters, you're fooling yourself if you think neither of those camps were being deliberately swayed by the Clinton/Trump campaigns.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I will never understand why Democrats try to court Republicans (who have opposing views!) instead of courting the people who actually have the same beliefs. You never hear about a Republican trying to get Democrat votes.
Eh when the republican party is not the republican party from 25-50 years ago it's probably a smart move.

A vote is a vote end of the day

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
God, you are a massive sad nerd

I'm sorry if being a minority who has suffered under Trump makes me a massive sad nerd, but I don't care what you think with your armchair theatrics. Trump needs to go and I don't care how he gets booted out.

If you have not suffered under Trump, then you don't have the god damn right to say such bullshit to me.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm sorry if being a minority who has suffered under Trump makes me a massive sad nerd, but I don't care what you think with your armchair theatrics. Trump needs to go and I don't care how he gets booted out.

If you have not suffered under Trump, then you don't have the god damn right to say such bullshit to me.

It's the gif specifically, not your post, not every life or death situation has to be based around fictional superheroes

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its only funny to hear that this has to happen in order to win because of how tenuous this strategy works out for dems, AT BEST. Like youre in this position in the first place because this loser party lost to Trump to begin with. So spare us the high and mighty "you need to understand politics" talk. If you more consistently won elections and got results with this strategy a lot of people on the left might take this more seriously. But at best its been a short term, largely ineffective strategy that has ultimately paved the way with setting up some of the worst republican presidents. And once we accept this idea that we "need" these republicans then it will be used to justify why they cant do anything once elected, or else we lose these people next election. That argument doesn't have anywhere near the results people want you to believe it does when they put it forth to quell criticism.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Some of you getting irrationally mad about this realize he's reaching out to get their votes, not their ideas for how to run the country, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Best case scenario for this shithole country has always been to merely stifle progress instead of rolling it back. We knew this already though.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder what the Venn diagram looks like of people who are decrying this strategy but insisted Bernie appearing on Joe Rogan was a good thing.

wonder what the venn diagram looks like of people who are completely ok with this strategy but insisted bernie appearing on joe rogan was a bad thing

like, even keeping the material differences of the two situations aside (in that there's a very real discussion that could be had about which of the two actions is worse), I can make a list in my head of a whole mess of people who said appearing on rogan's show was "empowering transphobia" but aggressively appealing to openly bigoted republicans is By Any Means Necessary. let's not pretend that only one group of people here has selective morals

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Part of me worries that this will give some Republicans an out to detach themselves from Trump. Trump should be a boat anchor around the party's neck for eternity

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hilarious Sanders supporters are bashing Biden for reaching out to Republican voters but support Sanders for going on Joe Rogan's podcast for doing the same thing.
There's a difference between bringing everyone on board for a return to normalcy that neglected many Americans vs bringing everyone on board for class based politics.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course he would. The DNC wants to keep grifting a donor base.

Sure gotta love woke social policy that distracts from economic policy which screws over the 99% of us!

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
That won't work. It never works. Republicans always fall in line. Don't let the current polls deceive you, it's going to get close as soon as Biden has to show his head and ramble around.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Like we had the iraq start 20 years ago. Like come on. We gotta stop with this the Republicans party has changed shit. They been some nasty ass motherfuckers since like the 1970s
I'm not going to engage with you in this because we obviously see things differently and it will be a waste of our times as we won't make each other see what the other doesn't.

I'll just say Republicans were never "good" but siding with them now is siding with alot of open and foul shit you can't be excused for. I mean sure if you could find me a republican quote ewuivalent from the 80's that said kids were going to get a pandemic virus and they will tough it out at home or a republican president tear gassing and clubbing his own citizens outside the white house and maybe I'll change my mind. If they are the same they hid it well and had a shit ton more restraint.

In the past they were "sneaky smooth talking politicians" and now adays they can simply be labeled as wolves who don't even bother putting on the sheep's clothing anymore and straight up villians.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand why Democrats try to court Republicans (who have opposing views!) instead of courting the people who actually have the same beliefs. You never hear about a Republican trying to get Democrat votes.

1) It can effect down ticket votes & 2) Most Americans are moderates and exist just left or just right and swap between party voting.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to engage with you in this because we obviously see things differently and it will be a waste of our times as we won't make each other see what the other doesn't.

I'll just say Republicans were never "good" but siding with them now is siding with alot of open and foul shit you can't be excused for. I mean sure if you could find me a republican quote ewuivalent from the 80's that said kids were going to get a pandemic virus and they will tough it out at home or a republican president tear gassing and clubbing his own citizens outside the white house and maybe I'll change my mind. If they are the same they hid it well and had a shit ton more restraint.

In the past they were "sneaky smooth talking politicians" and now adays they can simply be labeled as wolves who don't even bother putting on the sheep's clothing anymore and straight up villians.
This I am not going to engage you but here is my take on your post is lame stuff. Don't waste mine time.

And bro remember the Republicans during the A.I.D epidemic? That doomef 10000s. Get out of here with that man

Last edited:

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is one of those strategies that both parties do and gets mixed results over history. A very much, no shit Sherlock platform.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
i find it funnier that the people freaking out over the Rogan endorsement being shared on Twitter are often the same ones gushing about every single Lincoln Project ad

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This is stupid. This is what Hillary Clinton did last time.

Will Democrats ever learn?

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Smart to go after the small sliver of racists that are embarrassed by trump instead of the 50 percent of americans that don't even vote. Don't have to compromise your politics with policies like M4A that way. /s

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
That won't work. It never works. Republicans always fall in line. Don't let the current polls deceive you, it's going to get close as soon as Biden has to show his head and ramble around.

Please explain the Lincoln Project. Yes they are still shit, but they aren't falling in line in the current Republican trajectory. They are targeting Republicans and asking them to not fall in line.

Republicans are bad, but this strategy isn't to win republicans - its to win "independents". Sometimes it doesn't work if the messaging is poor.

Also: This is to get votes, not to craft policy. Trump did this in 2016 and won a lot of independents. LGBTQ for Trump.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Smart to go after the small sliver of racists that are embarrassed by trump instead of the 50 percent of americans that don't even vote. Don't have to compromise your politics with policies like M4A that way. /s
You know that Biden is listening and adjusting his policies based on input from progressives, right?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you.

I dont understand it at all. THIS time it will work!!

And instead the strategy should be what... Focus on voters that will already pull the lever for you in November?

Brilliant!

This is stupid. This is what Hillary Clinton did last time.

Will Democrats ever learn?

What is the lesson, pray tell? Sanders appealed to the base... And he didn't even win the nomination of his own party. Is that the route the party should take?