• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AP interviewed House Speaker Pelosi today, April 10th where she told the AP that she does not trust Barr, she trusts Mueller, she also states that Trump is unfit to be POTUS: https://apnews.com/c1e53f17e84b4bd285b01b53f657ce7e

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday questioned Attorney General William Barr's independence from President Donald Trump, arguing Barr's pursuit of Trump's claims about "spying" during the 2016 campaign undermines his position as the nation's top law enforcement officer.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Associated Press, the California Democrat said she was "very concerned" about Barr's handling of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian meddling in the campaign and accused Barr of doing Trump's political bidding in his testimony at a Senate hearing.

"He is not the attorney general of Donald Trump. He is the attorney general of the United States," Pelosi told AP. "I don't trust Barr, I trust Mueller."

Pressure is mounting on the attorney general in the days before his release of a version of Mueller's nearly 400-page report, and Pelosi amplified the demands from Capitol Hill to see the full document. Barr said Wednesday he expects to release a redacted version within a week. Pelosi said it's only a "matter of time" before the full report is made public.

"We will see it," she said.

At the same time, Pelosi vowed to keep up relentless Democratic oversight of the administration. And she did not fully close the door on impeachment proceedings, despite having recently dismissed efforts by liberal colleagues by saying Trump's "not worth it."

"My view is that impeachment is very divisive in the country, and when we see what we need to see it may be imperative that he be impeached. But up until then, he's not worth it," Pelosi said.

Pelosi said anew on Wednesday, "Let us see the report."

"The fact is the president has engaged in activities that are unethical, un-American. ... In every way he is unfit to be the president of the United States," she said.

"Is that an impeachable offense? Well it depends on what we see in the report. I set a very high bar for impeachment because I think it's very divisive in the country and one of our purposes is to unify, as our founders gave us guidance, e pluribus unum, from many one."

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scathing.

I'm annoyed by establish democrats not supporting minority freshman though.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Prosecute them for what?
I have no idea. I just imagine some untested bullshit of trying to compel them to reveal how and who they got it from or sink them publicly in the effort for seeing in redacted stuff. Just feed into the narrative of how incompetent the DoJ is while Barr destorys it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Barr became the full Trump stooge we all feared.

Also stupid Jeff Sessions. If he stayed on, Rod would have had no problems submitting the report.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
She sets the barr high for impeachment.

But yeah she's politically adept she wouldn't say this unless she knew something.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller needs to drop a copy of his full, unredacted report into the NYT mailbox.

You got the AG protecting Trump.

The IRS and Treasury Secretary protecting Trump.

The Senate protecting Trump.

And probably the SCOTUS protecting Trump.

If these people start ignoring subpoenas, what happens next?

Oct 27, 2017
She sets the barr high for impeachment.

But yeah she's politically adept she wouldn't say this unless she knew something.
Yup, betting that she's seen it and setting her "high bar" comment as "omg, I can't believe he's done all of this!!" so she can motion for impeachment.

It's theater, but it's effective.

Will parrot the tangent comment that I wish she was better with the Freshmen tho.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm profoundly curious at this point to see just exactly how 'redacted' the released report is gonna be.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm profoundly curious at this point to see just exactly how 'redacted' the released report is gonna be.
It's very worrying that Barr said he plans to redact things which affect the reputation of people not being charged. He's the one who decided (a year ago) the Pres wouldn't be charged, which means anything that makes the Pres looks bad he can and will redact. What a farce.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am in the Dougie Coop phase of this presidency. Just wandering around in a daze until I wake up.
tenor.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My biggest fear is that Democrats and the justice department just ignore all of this should the Democrats take majority in the senate and get the presidency. I want them to go after the people complicit in all of this. But in reality... I just see the Democrats going... "we have other stuff to focus on now."

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest fear is that Democrats and the justice department just ignore all of this should the Democrats take majority in the senate and get the presidency. I want them to go after the people complicit in all of this. But in reality... I just see the Democrats going... "we have other stuff to focus on now."
THEY BETTER go after ALL those neck deep in the bullshit and hold them accountable. They gotta make examples of them, un-fuck up every policy change Trump's administration fucked up, and make laws to prevent that sorta corruption EVER taking hold of our government again. They gotta take out the trash!!!

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
THEY BETTER go after ALL those neck deep in the bullshit and hold them accountable. They gotta make examples of them, un-fuck up every policy change Trump's administration fucked up, and make laws to prevent that sorta corruption EVER taking hold of our government again. They gotta take out the trash!!!
I absolutely agree. I just don't think that will happen. Democrats only hold Democrats accountable.